💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren curious how can there be 24 writers on a song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

djfreemymind
15 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Eh not when you think about what she’s sourcing. She’s sourcing songs that sampled other songs PLUS her own songwriters, too. The history of queer underground music is sampling so this is really unsurprising and especially in non-white American cultures, a lot of art is collaborative like that but ESPECIALLY black underground dance and ballroom stuff.

it’s like having a conversation with history which is kinda the point of Renaissance the album. It’s a Renaissance of the celebration that was and of that CULTURE. So having so many songwriters, honestly, just tells me she did her research on this :laughga:

Say that!!!!!

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald

Ava is sampling Diane's song Can't Fight The Moonlight, for her upcoming hit single Million Dollar Baby, out later this month :air: 

Please sit down Diane, this whole scenario is a mess :air: 

al-alzolanskii.gif

Spoiler

"Only" 7 songwriters, including Ava :gaysia:

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

skedaddleBItCh
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

Chromatica is the first time I truly felt a dip in quality and, unless I'm mistaken, it's the first time she worked with so many people and had so many hands in the cookie jar.

I felt the opposite, I felt like Chromatica has the best lyrics she's ever written. Ugh I hate how Chromatica is always brought up:messga:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

RenegAde
8 hours ago, Admin said:

A song can have a lot of writers if 1) it’s a collaboration 2) it samples something 3) it has multiple producers & probably other factors.

“Rain On Me” has 12 writers, “Sine From Above” has 15 writers. Actually Chromatica overall is a great example of this because Gaga explicitly spoke about how every song went through multiple producers and writers who all added something to it. I always thought it was a very interesting approach, especially for pop music. 

Last i checked, rain on my had 8 writers including gaga and ariana, how did it get to 12?

Chlorine Sevigny
1 hour ago, JLoveLamar said:

The Dream responds to Diane Warren on Twitter

"You mean how’s does our (Black) culture have so many writers, well it started because we couldn’t afford certain things starting out,so we started sampling and it became an Artform, a major part of the Black Culture (hip hop) in America.Had that era not happen who knows. U good?"

"Btw I know it’s not a one on one writing contest you looking for from no one over here…… you don’t want that smoke And you know I love you, but come on. Stop acting like your records haven’t been sampled"

Looks like we won't be hearing the Star is Born songs Beyonce and Diana worked on together :(

PERIOD

ProdigyARTPOP
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

And this is such a shame tbh. Most music these days feels like two and a half minutes of manufactured noise.

...not to go all "old man yelling at a cloud" or anything :laughga:

But when I think of my two favorite artists, MJ and Gaga, their BEST songs are the ones that are written solely by them and one or two other people just getting together, sitting down, and creating.

Billie Jean was entirely MJ's baby. The Dangerous, HIStory, and Invincible albums were nearly 100% him, Teddy Riley, and a very small handful of other people. And the stuff he was making with Brad in the 2000s? UGH :giveup:

And I have to give it to Gaga and Mark Ronson for creating Joanne with, again, a small handful of people. That album continues to slay me :bradley: plus her writing on ARTPOP (even if the production isn't original for most of the songs), BTW, and even TF and TFM. Chromatica is the first time I truly felt a dip in quality and, unless I'm mistaken, it's the first time she worked with so many people and had so many hands in the cookie jar.

So there's definitely something to be said about keeping the craft authentic and personal. It might not chart well but damn...the quality that goes into music when the artist whose name is on it actually puts their whole soul into it :bradley:

I'd love to see the outcome of giving Beyonce a note pad and having her sit down with one producer. I'm sure it'd be amazing :bradley:

Coming from someone whose writing for artists on a record label roster and who recently signed a deal, this is honestly very true. Collaborations and writing camps are the standard nowadays but you’re looked at with more prestige as an artist and composer if you can write your own material without the use of such camps/samples. 

It is one of the reasons why I was discovered, because I could present whole songs without the need for extra hands.

It allows the artist to write from a more wholly creative and organic perspective. 

Chlorine Sevigny

Just because you write doesn’t make your music good. There’s a million singer songwriters nobody gives a **** about who will never be on Beyoncé’s level or make music as good or as culturally important as hers. 

And maybe *some artists* could use the help, when their writing can be very cringey.

ProdigyARTPOP
4 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Just because you write doesn’t make your music good. There’s a million singer songwriters nobody gives a **** about who will never be on Beyoncé’s level or make music as good or as culturally important as hers. 

And maybe *some artists* could use the help, when their writing can be very cringey.

Beyoncé isn’t a god, she’s also a songwriter and entertainer just like her contemporaries Gaga,Taylor & Adele. & just like “us, those million singer songwriters” she started out like that & somewhere along the way her entire thing became a collaborative effort rather than her own singular input. 

Does that make her an inferior artist no,

does it make her some genius prodigy no, 

so I don’t get the open hostility. 

I never attacked her songwriting and you said it yourself some artists do need the help & with Beyoncé, the proof is in the pudding for the last 4 albums, she needs the help, she can choreograph, executive produce and vocally master a record and market the hell out of it & allow it to showcase her evolution with every album cycle but it doesn’t make her an A+ songwriter and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

The two can coexist

Oh & Sony, obviously thought my music was worth a shot! So thanks for clueing in something you know nothing about  :heart:

Morphine Prince

I get her shade and all but she absolutely deserves the backlash she is getting. 

At least be honest about the statements you make. 

Meat
13 hours ago, Admin said:

I don’t know why she’s doing this. She’s one of the greatest pop songwriters in history and she doesn’t need to prove anything. And having been in the business for decades, she knows EXACTLY how there can be so many writers on a song lol

She has publicly shown her distaste for sampled music many times because she never uses them. So maybe that’s why? 

Admin
59 minutes ago, Meat said:

She has publicly shown her distaste for sampled music many times because she never uses them. So maybe that’s why? 

Oh she has? Then why is she asking a question that “isn't meant as shade, I'm just curious”?

Guillaume Hamon
8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Eh not when you think about what she’s sourcing. She’s sourcing songs that sampled other songs PLUS her own songwriters, too. The history of queer underground music is sampling so this is really unsurprising and especially in non-white American cultures, a lot of art is collaborative like that but ESPECIALLY black underground dance and ballroom stuff.

it’s like having a conversation with history which is kinda the point of Renaissance the album. It’s a Renaissance of the celebration that was and of that CULTURE. So having so many songwriters, honestly, just tells me she did her research on this :laughga:

Fair point but Warren was talking about a song that has only around a third of its songwriters coming from samples on the 20+ credited.

If it was mainly due to samples it would be up to that indeed but here I guess her point about the track having a lot of writers still stands.

PS: I don't think it's bad to have large camps. 😆

Admin
6 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Last i checked, rain on my had 8 writers including gaga and ariana, how did it get to 12?

It has 11.

Screenshot-2022-08-01-at-20-18-05.png

Helxig
16 hours ago, androiduser said:

well, if everyone is properly credited for the samples, it's the right thing to do... if someone samples her song one day, she will be one of the 24 writers as welll

Imagine if someone samples her song with 24 writers and the credits for the new song has 50 writers :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

LadyxGaGa

idk billie and finneas stick to just having each other so the sampling thing doesn’t make sense 

Archived