Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren curious how can there be 24 writers on a song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Reginald

3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

The BeyHive attacking :lmao:Who could have seen that coming?! 

oprah-well.gif oprah-well.gif

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admin
18 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I honestly like a lot more songs that are worked with only one or producers. It often make it more focused

I’m sure if someone played you a few songs that were done by 1 and 5 producers you wouldn’t be able to tell which is which. There’s no correlation at all.

Catnikko
24 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

honestly, idgi too? im already struggling to write a 15 page thesis with 5 co-writers, how do u manage to fit 24 people on a 3 minute song?

i kniw theres more to songwriting than just the words but still, i cant picture how thats working in reality

if it's say a group session and there's loads of people in the room, they would often all be credited as songwriters 

Suuus
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Diane is actualy 65 so this person guessed her 10 years to old kinda rude if you ask me

Admin
26 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

honestly, idgi too? im already struggling to write a 15 page thesis with 5 co-writers, how do u manage to fit 24 people on a 3 minute song?

i kniw theres more to songwriting than just the words but still, i cant picture how thats working in reality

Do you quote or reference anyone in the thesis? Add those people to the list.

LilyLark
57 minutes ago, Admin said:

A song can have a lot of writers if 1) it’s a collaboration 2) if it samples something 3) if it has multiple producers & probably other factors.

“Rain On Me” has 12 writers, “Sine From Above” has 15 writers. Actually Chromatica overall is a great example of this because Gaga explicitly spoke about how every song went through multiple producers and writers who all added something to it. I always thought it was a very interesting approach, especially for pop music. 

I'm pretty sure ROM has 8 writers, unless you are also counting production credit. But your point is accurate re samples & producers.

LilyLark

Unpopular take:

I love Bey, feel like this site can be way too hateful towards her sometimes, and feel like people dragging her over writing are often a bit ridiculous. And I also feel like Renaissance oversamples...every single song reminded me of something else I've heard. Heavy sampling is typical in hip-hop, so it's not as noticeable, but not in dance/r & b/etc. so it stuck out in this case.

It's a good album imo-but I would have preferred it if they had cut back on some of the sampling. Albums like Lemonade, 4, etc. all sample (there are a lot of writing credits on self-titled, for example, for this very reason) but not to the extreme that Renaissance does...

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, emili0 said:

“This isn’t meant as shade,” but uses the eye-roll emoji……?

Tell The Truth GIF

She’s old don’t look too much into it 

My uncle uses comma,s instead of apostrophe,s

Admin
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I'm pretty sure ROM has 8 writers, unless you are also counting production credit. But your point is accurate re samples & producers.

Looks like we’re both wrong, Rain On Me was written by 11 people, per BMI:

Screenshot-2022-08-01-at-20-18-05.png 

RudraCNG

She's completely right. And even if it uses samples, 24 people on a song make it completely impersonal. Not saying that it makes it a bad song tho.

Admin
2 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

She's completely right.

About what? She didn’t make any statement, she only asked a shady question.

RudraCNG
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

About what? She didn’t make any statement, she only asked a shady question.

Come on, we know exactly what she meant. This isn't the first time she talks about having a lot of songwriters on a song.

Borislshere

Beyoncé either doesn’t credit people or credits too many 🙄 so desperate to have any issue with this woman it’s embarrassing. Diane has been in the industry long enough she should know how this works unless she’s had an issue with giving credits herself. 

Admin
Just now, RudraCNG said:

Come on, we know exactly what she meant. This isn't the first time she talks about having a lot of songwriters on a song.

I know what she meant, I’m asking what she’s right about? Like you said, the number of writers has no correlation to a song being bad or good. Impersonal? Sure, but songs like “Alien Superstar” (which she seems to be referring to) don’t pretend to be be personal. Diane isn’t making any points imo

Archived