Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren curious how can there be 24 writers on a song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Ainosuke
On 8/1/2022 at 7:57 PM, Butters Stotch said:

This happened to me when my gay a*s found out that Madonna's Hung Up sampled Abba's Gimme Gimme Gimme! and that the contagious sound was actually from Abba's song. It kinda ruined Hung Up for me.

Wait til you find out about Alejandro:ladyhaha:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkGirl

She knew what she was doing when she made the comments and she knew the backlash she would get, so honestly this just feels like another pretty sad attempt at trying to stay even slightly relevant by tearing down another female musician. She did the same thing when WAP came out. I legit only hear about DW when she’s talking **** about someone.

It’s giving bitter and bored. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

ristretto
20 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

that’s what i mean tho like it’s easy not to sample and make great music so why do others feel the need to all the time. uwu

it’s not about it being easy or not, it’s a creative choice boo. bey has some amazing songs that are not based on samples too. still, the art of sampling is huge within the music community and especially culturally for black musicians and producers. it shouldn’t be frowned upon! as a musician and producer, i love that we are slowly moving into an era where sampling is becoming more and more accepted in mainstream music and not only for niche genres where it’s been a staple for several DECADES. 

a good song is a good song. sampled or not. sometimes a sample could just be 1% of a whole song. it still adds something to it. and it also adds a credit. 

Butters Stotch
2 hours ago, Ainosuke said:

Wait til you find out about Alejandro:ladyhaha:

Naaah, it's not the same. Hung Up literally sounds like Gimme, Gimme, Gimme! Alejandro, instead, has some Abba influences, bit it doesn't sample any Abba song in the same way Hung Up does.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

salty like sodium
On 8/1/2022 at 5:20 PM, Guillaume Hamon said:

I mean it rises quickly but 24 seems like a lot indeed. :huntyga:

On 8/1/2022 at 5:22 PM, NATAH said:

24 is a lot tho

sample a beat from here (from a song with 5 writers), "lalala" from another (10 writers total), a chord progression from a chorus somewhere else (+5 more = 15), a line from a diff song as a reference (+5 more writers) and you already have 20 just for making tiny references and nods to previous material. then you have 4-5 writers to help build an actual song around these elements, and that's an easy 24...

Rahrahbitchson

Hmm seems like Hollywood got wild coming for Beyonce this era, is she not illuminati's boss anymore? The audacity 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

sample a beat from here (from a song with 5 writers), "lalala" from another (10 writers total), a chord progression from a chorus somewhere else (+5 more = 15), a line from a diff song as a reference (+5 more writers) and you already have 20 just for making tiny references and nods to previous material. then you have 4-5 writers to help build an actual song around these elements, and that's an easy 24...

Yeah on certain songs it's explained by the samples but not on others.

ChavaWM
On 8/3/2022 at 4:27 AM, Butters Stotch said:

Naaah, it's not the same. Hung Up literally sounds like Gimme, Gimme, Gimme! Alejandro, instead, has some Abba influences, bit it doesn't sample any Abba song in the same way Hung Up does.

Alejandro samples/interpolates Don't Turn Around from Ace of Base

The chorus melody is extremely similar 

Regina George
On 8/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, djfreemymind said:

Didn't Gaga change a few words in TIHTY and Gaga got credit as a songwriter? Was even up for the Oscar, etc.

Isn't that how that works, Diane?? No matter how small the collaboration?

GIF by Poms

I swear y’all got to bring Gaga into everything.. Y’all are her biggest haters out there 

Archived