Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

[Pitchfork] Beyoncé - Renaissance (9.0)

Jose P

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

Halo and Sweet Dreams are definitely classics! If I Were a Boy is a fantastic idea with poor execution, Single Ladies is iconic but poor, and the other two are also quite poor. 

I am going to say this in the kindest way possible. I will mention firstly that I do not like Beyonce, I do not own her merch or albums etc. I do not really listen to her output.

What I have to tell you is that, although music is not objective, being obtuse is a choice. It's impossible to tell a person their opinion is wrong, but im Tom cruise in this. You are wrong. Your opinion is wrong. The words you are saying are incorrect and they are not worthy of being unleashed on the world.

Thank you. Hope that wasn't harsh.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charles X Charles

shook to see I am Sasha with that score! Like that album is lit 🔥 I still listen to that album in full (no skip) compared to Lemonade. 

Future Lovers
15 minutes ago, KORG said:

What I have to tell you is that, although music is not objective, being obtuse is a choice. It's impossible to tell a person their opinion is wrong, but im Tom cruise in this. You are wrong. Your opinion is wrong. The words you are saying are incorrect and they are not worthy of being unleashed on the world.

Thank you. Hope that wasn't harsh.

KMLJNHBJNLHBJNLLM  :toofunny:

Honestly okay you know what okay you can have this one just for that bit there

Ororo Munroe

me to everyone who says renaissance is bad:

19 minutes ago, KORG said:

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Versace

It’s no way her best imo but not her worst either 

objectively this is what I’d rank her albums

1-Lemonade

2-Beyoncé 

3-4 

4-Renaissance 

5-I Am…Sasha Fierce 

6-Dangerously In Love

7-B’day

My personal preference ranking 

1-I Am…Sasha Fierce

2-Lemonade

3-Beyoncé 

4-Renaissance 

5-4

6-B’day 

7-Dangerously In Love

gagzus

I'd give it maybe a 7.5 myself, I like a lot of it but don't love it, the middle of the album is sort of okay. Lemonade is still her best album for me personally.

I love that she did a dance record, but to me it just sounds too repetitive, and missing some amazing hooks and melodies. No clear standout singles either... I'll give it a few more listens though. :oops:

SlowLoris

It's an excellent album and tbh, in terms of style and sound, it's what I've been waiting for in music for a couple years.  We needed more fun, more upbeat pop music.  It's all been so slow and serious the past few years (with an exception to a few artists)

BleepBloop
2 hours ago, NATAH said:

the lyrical content brings it down to a 7 at most lol

The “lyrics need to be deep and introspective” police is here :ohwell:

NATAH
26 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

The “lyrics need to be deep and introspective” police is here :ohwell:

every song is just her singing about how hot, rich and big her ass is :madge:

it's boring, especially compared to something as interesting as lemonade :madge:

mother, what must i do?

thisboyisamonster

very well deserved - such a feel good album and high quality production

PartySick
6 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

I guess I’m the only person on this planet that thought the album was boring af huh :laughga:

I didn't think it was boring, it was just exhausting to listen to :messga: so messy and chaotic. There's not a single song I liked :toofunny:

The only good thing I can say about any of it is Plastic off the Sofa kinda sounds like someone remixed an Amy Winehouse song :messga:

It's definitely not my genre tbh

🖤

Archived