Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

American Horror Stories Season 2

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy
11 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I'm watching episode 3 and it's kinda cringe so far :bear: why must so much of Ryan Murphy programming be hyper sexualized, and this is coming from ME :billie:

But we got some Nico Greetham skin! Give it a pass this time lol 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Cowboy

I’m liking season 2! It was nice to see the nod to Coven in Dollhouse and I really enjoyed Aura but Drive was my least favorite thus far. I’m really liking the Twilight Zone vibes this season.

Helxig

I really wish they would just go back to doing a couple of shows and doing them really well. I will forever miss AHS in it's heyday when the seasons were fully fleshed out start to finish and just executed really well. You could tell they had so much passion for the show in the first 3 seasons

I saw that they had an episode in Stories about Myrtle Snow and Spalding as children and I was so effing pissed at what they did. They completely changed their backstories they originally established in season 3 and basically took a big **** all over Coven. I can't stand when shows do fanservice episodes that just totally throw the original lore out the window

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

BlingNotTheMusic
11 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

But we got some Nico Greetham skin! Give it a pass this time lol 

I finished the episode and Omg i didn't see that coming! We love a twist!!!

BlingNotTheMusic
7 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I really wish they would just go back to doing a couple of shows and doing them really well. I will forever miss AHS in it's heyday when the seasons were fully fleshed out start to finish and just executed really well. You could tell they had so much passion for the show in the first 3 seasons

I saw that they had an episode in Stories about Myrtle Snow and Spalding as children and I was so effing pissed at what they did. They completely changed their backstories they originally established in season 3 and basically took a big **** all over Coven. I can't stand when shows do fanservice episodes that just totally throw the original lore out the window

I loved how they tied it to Coven though. We didn't know anything about young Myrtle or Spaulding tho, how did they change it?

monketsharona
5 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I loved how they tied it to Coven though. We didn't know anything about young Myrtle or Spaulding tho, how did they change it?

Yeah we literally didn't know anything about the youth of Spalding. Only he was obsessed with dolls

The only thing that changed is the story about his familly working for the witches generations after generations. But it is literally explained in Dollhouse. 

BlingNotTheMusic
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Yeah we literally didn't know anything about the youth of Spalding. Only he was obsessed with dolls

The only thing that changed is the story about his familly working for the witches generations after generations. But it is literally explained in Dollhouse. 

I actually kind of guessed the twist only because Denis O Hare's character (the factory owner) did the little doll clap thing like Spaulding did. And then the girl with the powers said something about magic. There were a few other things.

I'd love if there are more episodes connected to AHS! I think if it's done well it can be cute!

Helxig
13 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

They had flashbacks in Coven that showed how Spalding was already a grown man when the girls were very young, and him and Myrtle were never friends let alone childhood friends (she literally enchanted his tongue and used him because she cared so little about him), and he was part of a family line who had worked at the academy for generations. They just threw all of that out in Stories completely which feels so insulting to the original season that some of us loved. They explained it away by saying "oh Spalding just lied about his family working there for generations" which to me is such cheap, crappy writing. Also it was established that Myrtle didn't develop her iconic style until later in life, and in Stories they just made her a weird mini-Myrtle, crimped hair and all. It's literally just fanservice at this point. Myrtle is one of the fan favs so they keep bringing her back over and over, even when it doesn't make sense 

Coven was one of their most successful and loved seasons so JUST LET IT BE FOR GODS SAKE :smh:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

BlingNotTheMusic
15 minutes ago, Helxig said:

They had flashbacks in Coven that showed how Spalding was already a grown man when the girls were very young, and him and Myrtle were never friends let alone childhood friends (she literally enchanted his tongue and used him because she cared so little about him), and he was part of a family line who had worked at the academy for generations. They just threw all of that out in Stories completely which feels so insulting to the original season that some of us loved. They explained it away by saying "oh Spalding just lied about his family working there for generations" which to me is such cheap, crappy writing. Also it was established that Myrtle didn't develop her iconic style until later in life, and in Stories they just made her a weird mini-Myrtle, crimped hair and all. It's literally just fanservice at this point. Myrtle is one of the fan favs so they keep bringing her back over and over, even when it doesn't make sense 

Coven was one of their most successful and loved seasons so JUST LET IT BE FOR GODS SAKE :smh:

Oh ok, yeah I guess chronologically it doesn't make sense :billie: I do appreciate you reminding me of all that. I'ma. Huge Coven fan and didn't pick up on the plot holes in AHSs. But tbh, it's a cute tie in and I'm not necessarily bothered by it. I can definitely see how people would be though. 

Perhaps Myrtle used a spell or potion to age slower :partysick:

Meat
47 minutes ago, Helxig said:

and in Stories they just made her a weird mini-Myrtle, crimped hair and all.

I can’t stop laughing at this :air:

TimotheeChalamet
13 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Just came in here to say that season 1 was ok, hit or miss, I liked that they gave newcomer actors some spotlight. 

Season 2 is much better so far. A lot more Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. "Aura" was odd at first but honestly, I have to get used to technology being used as a plot device. Normally it brings me out of the horror fantasy but this made a lot of sense and I enjoyed it. Hoping they keep this strong vibe going. 

The problem with Aura was that it wasn't suspenseful or scary at all. The premise and the concept really work but they could've made something wayyy more interesting with that. The actors were good but I saw the twist coming from within the first 3 minutes. Still better than the whole first season though lol

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

You're right, I knew there was something fishy with that even though I haven't watched coven since like 2015

I don't think it's "insulting" by any means and I still liked it but AHS universe is truly the epitome of "plot hole" 

• 2 weeks later...
Levine

Episode 4 was disgusting but kinda the best one?

I haven't seen yet the Bloody Mary episode, I hope it's good because I love the BM myth

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Levine said:

Episode 4 was disgusting but kinda the best one?

I haven't seen yet the Bloody Mary episode, I hope it's good because I love the BM myth

People on Twitter seems very happy by Bloody Mary episode.

Milkmaids was typical disturbing/ disgusting horror from AHS, loved it.

Archived