đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Ball Intro - thoughts & theories?

LG666

Featured Posts

LG666

What is everyone's analysis of the intro?

I've been thinking a lot about it for a few reasons. It's a very surreal, dark, eerie intro. It's atmospheric and poetic, and quite abstract. I got a sense it's about the universe, her universe. And I'm fascinated by the circle motif. The way the circle shape is like a globe or planet but it is also the shape of an eye and also is the shape of the camera with the ring light. And the flash in the middle of the intro reminded me of a camera flashing, like a paparazzi shot. The countdown was interesting too because when it went down to 0, the atmospheric music resumed with no lights for a while before the stage lit up slowly.

It's dramatic and odd. I really like it. And I really appreciate that she continues to surprise.. 13 years later.

What does everyone else think?

My interpretation was the creation of the universe, her universe. Reminded me of the Big Bang and then the silence after. IMO its her best intro, its so moving yet abstract and cinematic. I can feel all the hard work they put into this. I cried lol. 

edit: It also bears some resemblance to the intro of the movie Under The Skin. Maybe it was a point of reference.

hoeslay

Shame they didn't use any of Sine From Above production elements in any way during the show because this intro very much gives me the Sine/Soundwave that creates the Chromatica universe and the lore Gaga had mentioned in the Zane Lowe interview:

"The whole world was created by a feminine soundwave (which)...fell into an abyss and broke into two...Two galaxies were born and one was good and one was evil...The evil one is the one where evil things pretended to be God and then we believed in them and then we divided and then we started to argue and hate each other." 

I think that lore HEAVILY plays into the tour concept. For example, I think we see Gaga holding the two galaxies/universes - the good and evil and how they cannot exist without each other.

FX5NOwXWIAI9Oc1?format=jpg&name=medium

TimotheeChalamet

First of all, it's very long. 

But yes, I can totally see it about her universe developing and then being caged into fame like a prison. Plus all the distorted figures resemble the darkness inside her ready to take over. 

dimitristhe

I usually don’t like long intros, but I loved this one. It’s one of the most interesting things Gaga has ever done. It’s artistic, weird, scary, well-made, dark, mysterious and unique. Also, is an unexpected way to open the tour, almost everyone though she would have opened with Chromatica I and Alice. Instead, she used a long intro with new music and opened with Bad Romance. The intro is my most played part of the show after Chromatica I/911, Sour Candy and Replay. The music will “haunt” me for a loooong time.

This b*tch still have it and she’s better than ever. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

Archived