Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Confused about Chromatica’s aesthetics

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

Tinnitus15
Just now, Meat said:

That’s New Mexico, it’s a place in the US not Mexico.

Wasn’t sure where was the location.

Bloody hooker
32 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

IMO the tour is not literally about Chromatica. It’s something different. It’s more of an abstract emotional story. So the “lore” established from the early album era is not that important or relevant to the tour.

But you could argue that Chromatica if it’s a planet, could easily contain the aesthetic of the tour in places we hadn’t seen and it could even take place at a different time in Chromatica’s history. If you wanted to go there. I don’t think that’s true though. I think this is what Gaga was feeling now 2 years later and was not as attached to the ideas from the album rollout.

What if her brain is the planet of Chromatica, and over the last 2 years the “planet’s”landscape changed hence the aesthetic change for the tour.

Edit:

After posting, I remembered that Gaga said Chromatica is her mind :toofunny:

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

41 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

The interludes(her best tour visual up to now.Hands down I’m obsessed with them) giving me completely BTWB vibes 

BTWB didnt have any visuals, just a floating head :neyde: 

₊˚ ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨୧ · · ♡ · · ୨୧‿︵‿︵‿︵ ˚₊

Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, GossipBoi said:

BTWB didnt have any visuals, just a floating head :neyde: 

And that was a serve :neyde:Parts of the interludes we’re giving me BTW photoshoot vibes.Sorry it’s way too late here and my mind is playing me :neyde:

I feel like no matter how happy the song might sound, she always find a way to link it to a dark state. But I do wish they at least used the tribes concept in the tour, we even get the pins as souvenirs.

OriginalMonster

I think Chromatica is the world she created in her mind to escape the dark place she was in. In the beginning of the era, she showed us how she envisioned that world. The tour and stage, on the other hand, are the dark place she was at in her mind before she escaped to Chromatica, and she's showing us what happened that got her there and how she escaped. It's her "museum of brutality" as in a place that shows how things were for her in the past during her hardest times. 

These quotes kind of put Chromatica into perspective for me: "Yeah, I live in Chromatica, it took a minute to get here, but that doesn't mean I don't remember what happened." "It's right here," she said, pointing to her heart. "I might sound silly, but I'm on it right now — I'm not on another planet. If you see and listen to Chromatica, and you want to live there too, you're invited."

SpadesToStart

I think it’s because the tour is more about her journey to get to Chromatica, which we always knew was very dark. The tour isn’t necessarily set on Chromatica.

In my interpretation, Gaga made the Chromatica era content are much more consistent THEMATICALLY rather than visually. It allows more creative freedom than just sticking to the stupid love mv/album cover aesthetic. Plus, the those visuals were so 2020. I'm glad they switched it up this time :)

The brutalist aesthetic this tour emphasizes the themes of mental health and how fame is a prison for gaga. It explains a whole lot about how her biggest hits were at the first part of the show, along with the prison visuals that goes with it.

Rebel

For the tour, think of these type of aesthetics:

EZG76dlX0AAgvmP.jpgsmall.394399458_DigitalBooklet-Chromatic

chromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-28_orig.jpglarge.1314815379_Chromatica(DeluxeTrifoldVinyl)RSDExclusive42.jpg.d442729f92e518747f24c4c55c369e17.jpg

chromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-5_orig.jpg

chromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-25.jpgchromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-29_orig.jpg

E3tRv59WYAYUGA_.png

There's also an interlude that even resembles this PAPER cover

img.jpg?width=980

These are all part of the same era and kinda make sense once you have the entire universe in mind.

pop a 911
51 minutes ago, Rebel said:

For the tour, think of these type of aesthetics:

EZG76dlX0AAgvmP.jpgsmall.394399458_DigitalBooklet-Chromatic

chromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-28_orig.jpglarge.1314815379_Chromatica(DeluxeTrifoldVinyl)RSDExclusive42.jpg.d442729f92e518747f24c4c55c369e17.jpg

chromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-5_orig.jpg

chromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-25.jpgchromatica-deluxe-trifold-vinyl-rsd-exclusive-29_orig.jpg

E3tRv59WYAYUGA_.png

There's also an interlude that even resembles this PAPER cover

img.jpg?width=980

These are all part of the same era and kinda make sense once you have the entire universe in mind.

genius.-gif.gif

i’m not real, i’m theatre

Archived