Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reason why Gaga does not do many music videos anymore

dit

Featured Posts

Fanta
43 minutes ago, Benji said:

The answer is budget.  Every era Gaga ends up on record saying she wanted more singles and videos but if the label doesn’t give her a big enough budget then she won’t.  I’d say she “can’t” but we’re not in the era of her not being able to afford this, she would just rather spend/save her earnings elsewhere than pumping out content for fans… which is more than fair enough :vegas:

I wonder why she signed with Interscope again if they always put her projects on the back burner, if this is indeed the case.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH

i'm more worried that beyonce doesn't have a video for her LEAD single... sad that this industry continues to ignore art for money

mother, what must i do?

NATAH
6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I wonder why she signed with Interscope again if they always put her projects on the back burner, if this is indeed the case.

free horse

:partysick:

mother, what must i do?

Leoooo

Like all of us I ofc don’t know exactly why there has been less music videos from her than in the past (when she specifically said her music was made to be ‘seen’ in an old interview) but I would imagine it’s more circumstantial than a personal choice, I have a feeling she’s in the throws of her next album in some way and this will be her real standout, she will probably want to have another album out while she’s in her 30’s, unlike Kim and everyone who you don’t really notice are now in their 40’s, when you need to be properly performing constantly and being a woman in the industry there is added scrutiny on age as we all know. I imagine she’d wanna do some more while she’s in prime fitness and health (disregarding any conditions ofc because girl is FIT)

i imagine we’ve got some epic music videos coming our way 🥰

tomdsgn
3 hours ago, AteezOfficial said:

You really are behind on the times. And like...doesn't gaga herself have to follow what the label says? Everyone does. No matter the country they're jn? Because it's a business and they wanna make as much money as possible? Like....is that not common knowledge?

Members of pop groups are typically performers, they’re not artists. Pretty, with a half decent voice and can dance. And there‘s nothing wrong with that. 

Gaga is an artist. She has a huge amount of creative control. That’s the difference.

Galvon
3 hours ago, Suuus said:

Why not ? Also it was for chromatica so it still counts

Yes it counts, but I get what they means, it feels very different from the other 2 video' s.

Reginald
4 hours ago, AteezOfficial said:

Kpop is just doing more interesting things. 

:vegas: You are so right. I came "back" to K-POP fandom after taking a break for years. It's so refreshing to be able to find artists still pulling out full eras with multiple performances and music videos. Pop Culture is alive and well in South Korea. 

I watched Hyuna + Dawn perform Ping Pong like 20 times in a row just seeing all of the crazy outfits they wore on each stage :popcorn:

Omar Vela
15 hours ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Music videos are art. Many artist make music videos for all of their songs and don’t break 100M. 

The concept of music videos needing to perform is very consumer/capitalism. 

look at Superfruit. Look at iamiwhoami. These artist make music videos for every song, and it’s not about the views. 

yeah but not every artists and record labels gonna risk their money if there's no profit. Also not you shading capitalism when it's actually the system that has allowed the existence of so many artists these days, do you think that cameras, softwares, instruments, clothes, etc. are created from thin air?

SKANK

Music videos aren't relevant anymore. In 2008 music videos were essentially irrelevant, then Gaga reinvigorated the format. She could turn music videos into pop culture events once again, if she desired.   

They are expensive. Even if you set aside Gaga's impressive personal wealth, and the financial support supplied to her by a major label, there is no shortage of companies looking to fund her projects. Stupid Love was brought to us by Apple. Rain On Me was brought to us by Amazon and Adobe. 911 was brought to us by LG. During the Chromatica era she was sponsored by Dom Pérignon, GarageBand, Lamborghini, Nestle, Haus Labs, Tudor, Valentino, etc. 

I think the decline in quality and quantity of music videos is probably just explained by her being disinterested in creating them. Which is a shame. Her visuals were a key aspect to her success, and they always enriched her music. 

LaLuna

To think this is the same woman who made 5 music videos during the BTW era, one of which was 13 minutes long :laughga:

I have to say I don't watch that many music videos anymore but I really miss Gaga making them. Her MVs are always a huge moment, especially now that they're so few and far between.

BlingNotTheMusic

There's a lot being said here in this thread and all I'm gonna say is

I'm sad Gaga doesn't release more music videos, given the visual and "performance artist" she is, and that she doesn't have a visual album by now. Much lesser known, underground artists release many more videos per album cycle. She doesn't have to dance in all of them, but there are so many wasted opportunities in her last few eras imo. 

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Fresco said:

There was a 4th mv, animated lyric, for Sour Candy. ( SL, ROM, 911, SC).

:madge:

RAMROD

I still wish for more MVs tho, it is fun promotion content :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived