💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reason why Gaga does not do many music videos anymore

dit

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss

The biggest trend in her career has been making smart choices based on profit rather than optics. Having tons of videos looks cool from the outside, like you're a thriving artist. But they mostly lose money. Whereas Vegas has been a major earner. Chromatica Ball is fewer shows, but higher capacity (and profit) per show. She is not worrying about the optics of seeming like a main pop girl. She's also limiting her workload and taking care of herself by maximizing her earnings from a more limited schedule. I think 911 was her main passion project video for Chromatica (i.e. something that was not an ideal business move but was made for art). 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Why not ?

It's got a different vibe, it's not set on chromatica for a start

44 minutes ago, AteezOfficial said:

You really are behind on the times. And like...doesn't gaga herself have to follow what the label says? Everyone does. No matter the country they're jn? Because it's a business and they wanna make as much money as possible? Like....is that not common knowledge?

That's such a shallow way to look at the music industry. I feel sorry for you.

Dr Fudge

I think she pumped out MVs the way that she did early in her career because it 1. was her way of creating an incredibly strong foundation for her future career, 2. To gain recognition as a visual artist, and 3. Streaming services weren’t around yet so you either bought the music or watched/listened for free via YouTube.

Now that being said, we had 6 for TF, 3 for TFM, 5 for BTW, and 2 (almost 3) for AP. Giving us 4 for Joanne and 3 for Chromatica still seems pretty fair in the grand scheme of things. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Tbh I feel lucky we got a video for John Wayne and 911 considering they weren't singles and had stunning visuals.

InstantDejavu

How many singles an album will spawn is based off its selling numbers.

The bigger the album, the more singles it will spawn to fully milk every potential the album has money wise.

Katy Perry did it with Teenage Dream, Taylor Swift with 1989, even MJ did it with Thriller, all of which those albums are those artists biggest selling album.

Some record companies have numbers attached to singles like 250.000 album sales = third video. 500.000 sales = 4th video and so on.

And no single means no video. So there you have your answer. Allthough not every record company is like this but artists are very unlikely to put their own money into videos.

But groso modo; an album not selling enough isn't worth making milion dollar music videos for a 3rd, 4th or 5th time....

I know this for a fact because the frontman, Ryan Tedder, of OneRepublic confirmed this in an interview; their record label chooses how many singles/videos get released and that it's mostly sale wise.

Also, times are changing. Music video's used to promote the song which used to promote the album. Nowadays, many songs of an album chart without a music video. Look at Taylor's Folklore. All tracks charted at BillBoard hot 100. Some of which top 10 WITHOUT a music video. So they didn't need another video saving A LOT of money.

These days, you just need your song on Stranger Things or on TikTok to score a hit rather than having a MV.

Mr Ricky
13 hours ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Music videos are art. Many artist make music videos for all of their songs and don’t break 100M. 

The concept of music videos needing to perform is very consumer/capitalism. 

look at Superfruit. Look at iamiwhoami. These artist make music videos for every song, and it’s not about the views. 

SKYND aswell, amazing production on their music videos, but they are not well known. 

Crossfit

Tinnitus15
11 hours ago, Meat said:

Honestly no one cares anymore. Music videos are not “hot” anymore. 

say that to Dua Lipa then 

tyler k
12 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I think she just doesn’t care that much to film videos anymore 

this sounds like the "she doesn't care about music anymore" bulls*hit

when she literally gave us the 911 music video - um aka one of her best music videos in YEARS 

and fuc*kin Hold My Hand had a music video!!! with a jet flying over her! 

PLEASE 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Benji

The answer is budget.  Every era Gaga ends up on record saying she wanted more singles and videos but if the label doesn’t give her a big enough budget then she won’t.  I’d say she “can’t” but we’re not in the era of her not being able to afford this, she would just rather spend/save her earnings elsewhere than pumping out content for fans
 which is more than fair enough :vegas:

Rebel
12 hours ago, Meat said:

Honestly no one cares anymore. Music videos are not “hot” anymore. 

That used to be the mindset before Gaga broke into the scene making them an event again. Maybe we need another Gaga to debut and make that happen.

IllusionLover
14 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Wouldn’t have hurt to make one for Sour Candy though. :cyanlights:

That was the pandemic's fault. I guess she wanted to be with BLACKPINK to the same set

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Fanta

I don't know why and it bothers me, personally. The Chromatica Ball interludes (with the music) and the 911 video reminded me why Gaga is...basically Gaga. She was a triple threat: music, stage presence and visuals - and she excelled in the visual aspect.

I saw many comments about cutting visual media short being a smart financial decision, but miss ma'am is raking in the dollars with all the big business moves she's been recently making anyway. We literally joke about her only popping up only to sell us products. An extra video or two per era wouldn't hurt her multi-million dollar pockets. Gaga's fascination with big concepts, and then abandoning them, leaves a lot to be desired in the visual department, and (I apologize for a lack of better words) it's very much giving blue balls.

She shifted the visual landscape in pop culture and elevated it to a higher rank, and I'll always be mad at her just abandoning it. She needs to come back with a visual bang and realize who she truly is.

RudraCNG
2 hours ago, KORG said:

For ARTPOP she had a breakdown

For Joanne she released 3 videos & the album was no longer charting well by the end.

For Chromatica she did 2 good videos and had more planned but then came the Panny-D to ruin the world & there was no way for her to do them or effectively promote.

It's circumstantial.

2 hours ago, Suuus said:

She did 3 music videos for chromatica 

And 4 for Joanne. Although I always skip MR :ally:

Fanta
Just now, IllusionLover said:

That was the pandemic's fault. I guess she wanted to be with BLACKPINK to the same set

Isn't that just bad planning though? Beyonce drops full on visual albums and dips, what's Gaga's excuse? We get scarce visuals in-between very long periods of time, and they're not even 'films' like before. 

Archived