audio

Leak: Babylon Early Version

Benji

Featured Posts

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dayman

So I guess we know that the guitar was replaced with that TB-303 synth. It shares the progression of the guitars during the first half of the chorus and is the only major element of the Haus Labs that is not found in the demo and vice versa with the guitar.

Dayman
4 minutes ago, Its Me said:

There so many versions! Witch is witch??

There's 3 full versions we have

Album Version

Dawn of Chromatica / Haus Labs Version [Version used for Haus Labs Launch]

Early Version / Demo [The demo of the Haus Labs Version production]

Plus there's the Bree Runway Remix on Dawn of Chromatica - but we won't count that right here right now for obvious reasons.

Pamplemousse

Could someone create an 'ultimate' version based on all the versions we have? :pawsup:

PartySick
5 hours ago, Elliot Parker said:

At the start she says something like "Oh, this is... Oh, this is..."

Oh, that's just-
Oh, that's just-

I'm assuming it's like "Oh, that's just gossip" but cutting off the word "gossip"? But I very clearly hear "that's just" :laughga:

No idea what she says for the other bit we can't figure out :messga:

Watch me slay for king and queen? :ladyhaha:

🖤

Wet Fire

Somebody needs to combine the 4 available versions now (I'm including Bree version here) and create a gay magnum opus :bradley:

Like put Bree's verse in the bridge and place it before/after/idk the EV bridge and create an eargasm :bradley:

CautiousLurker

OMG :bradley:

I found out at work and was basically listening to this on repeat on my way home - it's SO GOOD :bradley:

I never lost hope and FOR ONCE IT ACTUALLY PAID OFF :bradley:

Having said this, I will concede that the album version is the best one, BUT keep in mind this one is a DEMO, it hasn't had the time and polish treatment the final version has... And I do think the demo is better than what we got on Dawn of Chromatica, in no small part because they got rid of SO MUCH - I get they couldn't get the sample, but those backing vocals are so good, and the 'MY EARS ARE BURNING UP, YOU SURE LIKE TO TALK A LOT' bit fits - I absolutely love it :diane:

Dayman
4 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

OMG :bradley:

I found out at work and was basically listening to this on repeat on my way home - it's SO GOOD :bradley:

I never lost hope and FOR ONCE IT ACTUALLY PAID OFF :bradley:

Having said this, I will concede that the album version is the best one, BUT keep in mind this one is a DEMO, it hasn't had the time and polish treatment the final version has... And I do think the demo is better than what we got on Dawn of Chromatica, in no small part because they got rid of SO MUCH - I get they couldn't get the sample, but those backing vocals are so good, and the 'MY EARS ARE BURNING UP, YOU SURE LIKE TO TALK A LOT' bit fits - I absolutely love it :diane:

The funny thing is it's not even a sample - they just chose to replace it with a bass synth. Most of the guitar has the same progression as the synth that leads the chorus. The vocal mix I do wish had the backing vocals, because these takes are mostly still present in some form just tightened up and with some vocoders - but they don't carry the chorus as much just accent it. I have to wonder if this vocal mix was done at a point when they were determining which vocal would be the lead and which the backing since they are equally as powerful in the mix.

CautiousLurker
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The funny thing is it's not even a sample - they just chose to replace it with a bass synth. Most of the guitar has the same progression as the synth that leads the chorus. The vocal mix I do wish had the backing vocals, because these takes are mostly still present in some form just tightened up and with some vocoders - but they don't carry the chorus as much just accent it. I have to wonder if this vocal mix was done at a point when they were determining which vocal would be the lead and which the backing since they are equally as powerful in the mix.

Huh, I guess I'll need to listen more carefully to the backing vocals next time, I only remember hearing some during the chorus on the DOC version... Still, I'm glad they are more prominent, and I did really need my 'uh huh... uh uh uh huh's... I just needed more Gaga on the track, that's all :huntyga:

Dayman
4 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Huh, I guess I'll need to listen more carefully to the backing vocals next time, I only remember hearing some during the chorus on the DOC version... Still, I'm glad they are more prominent, and I did really need my 'uh huh... uh uh uh huh's... I just needed more Gaga on the track, that's all :huntyga:

Yeah, the chorus has them in the second half as opposed to the demo that puts them in the first half of the chorus. Then the pre chorus has both vocals as well. Tbh take a look at the dolby atmos tracks of the album version because you can get a better idea of what they decided to keep on both versions and what they decided to scrap. The Uh-huh vocals are cute, but tbh aside from maybe including one or two in the verses they are a bit too prominent. Also once the guitar was out they didn't really fit the vibe anymore.

BABYL0N

The question that comes to my mind is why did she use this demo version for a photoshoot (V magazine) just one month before album release?

Dayman
Just now, BABYL0N said:

The question that comes to my mind is why did she use this demo version for a photoshoot (V magazine) just one month before album release?

The photoshoot was done August 28th 2018.

Archived