Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The Chromatica Ball Opening Night

Pop Music

Featured Posts

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
5 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

true

Did you not see her 5 minute IG live stream that she hasn’t done in probably a year to talk about how happy and excited she was ??? There’s definitely criticism I could see for the tour but her not wanting to be there isn’t one of them. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alfonso
24 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

She performed nine Joanne songs during the JWT, she performed nine Chromatica songs here. I don’t get the complaints that she paid the new album dust. 

Well, yeah, but joanne was a totally different record (it wasn’t all dance like chromatica) and it had a totally different tour.. (and let also me remind you Joanne had a proper era and a lot of performances)

Chromatica on the other hand and due to how everything unfolded had NOTHING, like, literally zero performances besides the VMA one and you would think that with this tour they would finally take the chance to explore the album and perform the whole piece because after all it’s not even 45 minutes long.. but they didn’t (hopefully she’ll add some in the next dates, but otherwise it’s sad because she’ll probably never sing them) 

KingRedd
6 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

there was one part in replay that was questionable so we still got something :poot:

Is it on the level of Iconic.mp3 as the circle hop BTWB meat dance hahaha cant find the gif

May I Read You? 😎

DanielKCarey

The show looks great! The brutalist, cold look of the staging paired with the manic, anxious, loud visuals from the intro and Act I really brought Gaga's feelings of pain, misunderstanding, abandonment, objectification, and trauma to the forefront. While I believe the prelude and Act I are solid, I feel the pace in the show dropped right at Telephone and Lovegame, but picked up with Babylon and Free Woman, at least momentarily. If only she could restructure the rest of the Acts as well as start remixing older songs, there will never be a complaint from me.

Now I hope to see more merch in the next few dates and online. It would be a waste to not use those beautiful visuals on lithographs, shirts, etc.

artRAVE • Cheek To Cheek: LIVE! • Dive Bar Tour • Joanne World Tour • ENIGMA • The Chromatica Ball

bowlsofbrett

IMO the show looks great, Gaga sounds amazing, the outfits were beautiful, and I’m completely fine with the set list. Gaga is never going to fully satisfy anyone unless she played for 7 hours to cover every song from her discography. She did 9 songs off of Chromatica! There are a lot of artists who probably only squeeze in a few songs from their latest record. She’s always gonna cover the standards (Just Dance, PokerFace, etc) just like every other artist covers their back catalogue of HUGE hits. Anyways, the show looks amazing To me and I’m just happy Gaga is back on stage. 

oh, I also enjoyed the choreography.

thopekas

Amazing!! Was more than I expected, i really loved her energy and passion, and the whole concept was totally unexpected and I guess no one had something like that in their mind.It was another interpretation of Chromatica than the one we expected, but im glad that she went the dark way because we already had two colorful neon shows Artrave+Enigma. Now she served a pure dark and grunge Gaga. What I really missed is Applause 🥰

mdance4life

Where’s the person that said Ricky Tillo wasn’t playing with the band when he posted the tour dates yesterday and was obvi on stage today? 🤣

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Monster647
23 minutes ago, bowlsofbrett said:

IMO the show looks great, Gaga sounds amazing, the outfits were beautiful, and I’m completely fine with the set list. Gaga is never going to fully satisfy anyone unless she played for 7 hours to cover every song from her discography. She did 9 songs off of Chromatica! There are a lot of artists who probably only squeeze in a few songs from their latest record. She’s always gonna cover the standards (Just Dance, PokerFace, etc) just like every other artist covers their back catalogue of HUGE hits. Anyways, the show looks amazing To me and I’m just happy Gaga is back on stage. 

oh, I also enjoyed the choreography.

I know this is Gagadaily but I am gonna give credit where it’s due, Gaga should probably work with whomever Madonna worked with in creating her touring setlists. Given she’s not a composer, I am sure she worked with many industry professionals who gave her old hits those amazing facelifts.

She always did amazing job of re-imagining her old hits. Gaga can and should refresh her old hits too… 

President Biden

I dont get people who are confused by her performing her biggest hits. 75% of people who will attend these concerts aren’t super fans. They are gonna want to hear the greatest hits. She’s never gonna get rid of like Just Dance or whatever.

And truthfully, Telephone and some others (Always Remember Us This Way for example) are probably playing to TikTok popularity. Bobby is smart and he knows what he needs to do to win.

Also, people underestimate how tracks like Enigma and Plastic Doll are extremely hard live. Vocally, I suspect she could never perform that. Hopefully maybe she can do them at a special event, like the final show or an awards show or a residency again. 

also …. I suspect SFA may be saved for an event with Elton

I got drunk

LadyEnigma

the more videos i see the less i like the stage...like if you're on the side while shes performing on that higher stage in the back (the one she legit opens on) you cannot see ****

rafaelgherardi
2 hours ago, Red said:

I am still shook to my core that she actually crossed through the crowd to go to stage B during Free Woman :bradley:

that was sooo beautiful

rafaelgherardi

so Richy wasn't a dancer, right? I couldn't spot him in any of the videos, and Victor Rojas (which is one of the dancers from the beginning of her career is there), so we got any news on that subject?

also, do you guys have videos of the interludes? I haven't seen any, I'm so curious

bowlsofbrett
1 hour ago, Monster647 said:

I know this is Gagadaily but I am gonna give credit where it’s due, Gaga should probably work with whomever Madonna worked with in creating her touring setlists. Given she’s not a composer, I am sure she worked with many industry professionals who gave her old hits those amazing facelifts.

She always did amazing job of re-imagining her old hits. Gaga can and should refresh her old hits too… 

I’m totally not against Gaga giving older tracks a facelift or two. I also really loved the hard-edge, industrial aesthetic of this show compared to the vibrant colors we saw in the Stupid Love video. I’m glad she took that route. 

Archived