💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Last Call, Are We Getting An Opening Act?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

OMonster
6 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

from what i've heard they might be, but they want everything to be a surprise.One hint is that Rina cancelled one festival on august 5th due to scheduling conflict.Lets not forget that gaga's performing in Toronto on August 6th.I've heard they are trying to get some of the DOC artists.Also this is really questionable but she might have surprise guests on her dates(Ariana in London)

Is Ariana scheduled to be in London?

What about Elton?

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tinnitus15
4 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Is Ariana scheduled to be in London?

What about Elton?

Ariana will be in London then, filming wicked.Elton's  touring in the USA then

OMonster
7 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

It's an interesting question. She's never really had any guests either, as far as I know. I mean the fact that she still hasn't performed Telephone w B a SINGLE TIME blows my mind. But even w her other collaborations she's never brought on a guest during a show? (apart from Bradley lol). I wonder what that's about! The Super Bowl I think is a clear example of how her mind works. Most artists always have guests and she did it completely by herself.

Definitely. The Super Bowl is a great example. 

I don't think she likes to share the stage with any of her pop contemporaries. I think she has a very purist view on what a 'Lady Gaga show' is. It's like she only wants the audience to see her... but not solely out of ego alone. I think it's because she doesn't want to 'dilute' the experience if that makes sense.

Like, I can imagine her not wanting an unrelated opening act because it means the audience are getting two shows, not one. And Gaga wants hers to be the only show for the fans. When DJWS and/or Lady Starlight open, it just feels like an extension of Gaga, which Rina/someone else wouldn't. 

subtext / fantasy

OMonster
2 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Ariana will be in London then, filming wicked.Elton'sring in the USA then

Oooh wow ok so an Ariana appearance is quite likely then!

subtext / fantasy

LateToCult
19 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

from what i've heard they might be, but they want everything to be a surprise.One hint is that Rina cancelled one festival on august 5th due to scheduling conflict.Lets not forget that gaga's performing in Toronto on August 6th.I've heard they are trying to get some of the DOC artists.Also this is really questionable but she might have surprise guests on her dates(Ariana in London)

Manifesting Bradley in New York. :vegas:

RAMROD
4 hours ago, Poker said:

At my Born this way ball tour date they played the Fame parfume ad in a loop :awkney:

Promo on point:billie:

This time we'll get HAUSLABS ads instead. #cleanenergie :zilla:  :huntyga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

pink sushi
20 hours ago, OMonster said:

I can't believe Rina was publicly lobbying for this opportunity and got turned down. It's so crazy to me. 

It's interesting why Gaga doesn't have staple opening acts. Most big stars do. 

Do you think it's her ego? Genuine question too. Like, maybe she wants to be the 'only' star of the night and doesn't want the audience to have already watched an exciting show before hers. Might be a combination of ego and just wanting to 'control' the audience's experience. She definitely strikes me as the kind of artist who wants to build up suspense and anticipation instead of sharing that with someone unrelated to her. 

Lady Starlight and DJWS as frequent 'openers' also prove that theory. She's fine for there to be an opening act, so long as it feels 'in her world' and related to her. If either of those perform, the audience are still going to be focused on Gaga, since there's a clear association to her and her story, which wouldn't be the case with someone like Rina. I do think it's a real shame though because the audience end up losing. Especially in these huge stadium shows where not everyone will be a hardcore fan. 

Explain Crayon Pop then. :poot:

RAMROD
20 hours ago, OMonster said:

I can't believe Rina was publicly lobbying for this opportunity and got turned down. It's so crazy to me. 

It's interesting why Gaga doesn't have staple opening acts. Most big stars do. 

Do you think it's her ego? Genuine question too. Like, maybe she wants to be the 'only' star of the night and doesn't want the audience to have already watched an exciting show before hers. Might be a combination of ego and just wanting to 'control' the audience's experience. She definitely strikes me as the kind of artist who wants to build up suspense and anticipation instead of sharing that with someone unrelated to her. 

Lady Starlight and DJWS as frequent 'openers' also prove that theory. She's fine for there to be an opening act, so long as it feels 'in her world' and related to her. If either of those perform, the audience are still going to be focused on Gaga, since there's a clear association to her and her story, which wouldn't be the case with someone like Rina. I do think it's a real shame though because the audience end up losing. Especially in these huge stadium shows where not everyone will be a hardcore fan. 

That is simply not true. Not sure where is this narrative from?? 

She have invited BABYMETAL, CrayonPop, The Darkness, Far East Movement, Hatsune Miku, Momoiro Clover Z as openers for her tours before. And they are from outside her universe. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

OMonster
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

That is simply not true. Not sure where is this narrative from?? 

She have invited BABYMETAL, CrayonPop, The Darkness, Far East Movement, Hatsune Miku, Momoiro Clover Z as openers for her tours before. And they are from outside her universe. 

But they're not particularly well-known or 'staple' as I said. She'll bring on people so long as there's no detraction from her. It's not a criticism, just an observation. And if you look at the industry, it's a legit one. Most big starts have fairly big-name openers.

subtext / fantasy

Archived