💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Last Call, Are We Getting An Opening Act?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult

Huge bummer if there isn’t an opening act. We waiting for like over an hour just standing in the same spot in pit during the JWT because there was no opening act. Then she had the nerve to put like a 10 minute countdown (or 30 minute, I can’t remember :bradley:). Good thing I have seats this time. I’ll use that time to buy merch. Good luck to everyone else. :poot:

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Huge bummer if there isn’t an opening act. We waiting for like over an hour just standing in the same spot in pit during the JWT because there was no opening act. Then she had the nerve to put like a 10 minute countdown (or 30 minute, I can’t remember :bradley:). Good thing I have seats this time. I’ll use that time to buy merch. Good luck to everyone else. :poot:

People might also hook up in the rest room or even in between the crowds, do whatever you please :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LateToCult
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

People might also hook up in the rest room or even in between the crowds, do whatever you please :poot:

F0431855-AE50-45-D6-B079-A0-D2-D63798-C7

ALGAYDO
8 hours ago, pachinko said:

I wish Gaga would support younger artists and allow them to open for her just like Pussycat Dolls and Semi Precious Weapons did with her. 

She already showed immense support for up-and-coming artists by featuring a bunch of them on DOC. She’s not a charity, she’s her own artist too, I think she did more than fine lol

Poker
19 hours ago, Nathan said:

Yeh, you will wait 3 hours in the heat watching Haus Labs commercials and you will like it :billie:

At my Born this way ball tour date they played the Fame parfume ad in a loop :awkney:

Kindness rules all.

Nathan
1 minute ago, Poker said:

At my Born this way ball tour date they played the Fame parfume ad in a loop :awkney:

So bad

D1SC0STICK
41 minutes ago, Poker said:

At mine too. So much fun! The audience started screaming with the ad. GAGA, FAME :ladyhaha:

Find your freedom in the music.

TimotheeChalamet
10 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

I've been to a few, but it is definitely rare. Especially for a stadium show, that would be unheard of. With the door time at 6:30pm, there's no way we wait 2.5 hours with no entertainment. One thing that really bothered me about JWT was the lack of a real opener; I know it's not solely in her hands and there's a lot of moving parts with tours from managers to labels to venue promoters to road agents etc. but it seemed like a wasted opportunity to promote some up-and-coming artists. 

My Depeche Mode show in 2017 was in a stadium and they didn't have any opening act, only some random 3-hours long techno mix faintly playing in background 

48 minutes ago, Poker said:

That would be a big downer for me :saladga: Haus labs ads on a loop... 

OMonster

I can't believe Rina was publicly lobbying for this opportunity and got turned down. It's so crazy to me. 

It's interesting why Gaga doesn't have staple opening acts. Most big stars do. 

Do you think it's her ego? Genuine question too. Like, maybe she wants to be the 'only' star of the night and doesn't want the audience to have already watched an exciting show before hers. Might be a combination of ego and just wanting to 'control' the audience's experience. She definitely strikes me as the kind of artist who wants to build up suspense and anticipation instead of sharing that with someone unrelated to her. 

Lady Starlight and DJWS as frequent 'openers' also prove that theory. She's fine for there to be an opening act, so long as it feels 'in her world' and related to her. If either of those perform, the audience are still going to be focused on Gaga, since there's a clear association to her and her story, which wouldn't be the case with someone like Rina. I do think it's a real shame though because the audience end up losing. Especially in these huge stadium shows where not everyone will be a hardcore fan. 

subtext / fantasy

Vengaboy
7 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Do you think it's her ego? Genuine question too. Like, maybe she wants to be the 'only' star of the night and doesn't want the audience to have already watched an exciting show before hers. Might be a combination of ego and just wanting to 'control' the audience's experience. She definitely strikes me as the kind of artist who wants to build up suspense and anticipation instead of sharing that with someone unrelated to her. 

Lady Starlight and DJWS as frequent 'openers' also prove that theory. She's fine for there to be an opening act, so long as it feels 'in her world' and related to her. If either of those perform, the audience are still going to be focused on Gaga, since there's a clear association to her and her story, which wouldn't be the case with someone like Rina. I do think it's a real shame though because the audience end up losing. Especially in these huge stadium shows where not everyone will be a hardcore fan. 

It's an interesting question. She's never really had any guests either, as far as I know. I mean the fact that she still hasn't performed Telephone w B a SINGLE TIME blows my mind. But even w her other collaborations she's never brought on a guest during a show? (apart from Bradley lol). I wonder what that's about! The Super Bowl I think is a clear example of how her mind works. Most artists always have guests and she did it completely by herself.

Tinnitus15

from what i've heard they might be, but they want everything to be a surprise.One hint is that Rina cancelled one festival on august 5th due to scheduling conflict.Lets not forget that gaga's performing in Toronto on August 6th.I've heard they are trying to get some of the DOC artists.Also this is really questionable but she might have surprise guests on her dates(Ariana in London)

Starmie25
4 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I can't believe Rina was publicly lobbying for this opportunity and got turned down. It's so crazy to me. 

Just because Rina is a hardcore fan doesn't mean Gaga has to automatically select her as an opener. 

I'm also more than ok it just being a  Gaga show since fans have been craving this tour and Chromatica world for almost 2 years now 

Archived