13 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

She needs to become an Avox

A what?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lasagna
12 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

People have explained in great detail what the problem with her tweet was in the respective thread - if you still don't see the problem with it, I mean, oh well...

i dont think it was worded well but i think to pretend that she was being transphobic in that tweet is just looking for something to be mad about, sorry. in light of whats happened with fertility and womens rights in the last few days its clear what her intention was to me.

calling a woman a birthing individual is in my opinion; wrong. reducing someone to their reproductive parts just seems regressive to me and counterproductive. "inclusive language" isnt inclusive if the people included in the language are offended by the terminology..?

i know some men can give birth and some women cant give birth but why not just make that distinction instead of using a demeaning umbrella term like birthing individual?

human turd

Chic
On 7/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, Pennywise said:

No, they aren't the "American Taliban" at all. They are simply Americans. Americans are just as bad as the Taliban, which they also helped create :laughga:

The average American is better than the average Taliban member

PartySick
On 7/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, Morphine Prince said:

Her intent was to say “Christian Taliban” - which is something I’ve seen used by some to refer to these extreme right wing figures. 

The issue I see is posts like these point to the “other” aka extremists that are mostly “foreign” when the reality is the extremists in the US don’t need to be changed to be seen as extreme. 

This is just falling into pointing the finger at “others” and ultimately just damages regular Muslim people who want nothing to do with the Taliban or other extremists. 

...so does this mean I have to stop referring to Trump supporters as Y'all Qaeda now? :bear:

I guess I never really personally associated Muslims in general with those political terrorist groups like Al Qaeda or ISIS but if it's offensive I can just go back to calling them trash :flower:

🖤

PartySick

She's going through my 2017 era it seems :rip:

Good intentions with completely sh*t execution :rip:

🖤

Archived