💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling supports Macy Gray’s transphobic comments: “truth hurts.”

Rebel

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO

The way some people here are saying trans hatred comes from trans people defending themselves… idk some of y’all are really fùcked up 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LadyxGaGa
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

The way some people here are saying trans hatred comes from trans people defending themselves… idk some of y’all are really fùcked up 

nah all of this frfr, like we are allowed to b angry 

ALGAYDO
8 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

nah all of this frfr, like we are allowed to b angry 

Exactly. Idk what it’s like to be trans, but if I kept seeing people, let alone famous people, constantly and consistently try to invalidate my very own existence, I would be rioting. Trans folk have MORE THAN ENOUGH reason to be loudly angry about their livelihoods being targeted 

Andrea B
3 hours ago, Suuus said:

Kunda suck that you cant do it because you would probably get banned

I don't think I could get banned for that but a lot of people would get really mad at me. They care more about how they feel than learning about trans lives.

Togekiss

I saw this headline and was reminded of this thread.

“Pregnant people” vs “men”. The men aren’t called “people with testicles” or “impregnating people”, our society only talks about women that way.

bring on that pecan pie

Andrea B
3 hours ago, Togekiss said:

I saw this headline and was reminded of this thread.

“Pregnant people” vs “men”. The men aren’t called “people with testicles” or “impregnating people”, our society only talks about women that way.

Pregnant people is more universal and includes everyone.

And yes they could say/write the terms cis woman, trans men and nb people  instead of pregnant people. 

I guess you’re talking about CIS women. You really think society doesn’t  refer to people with testicles or penises in that way? transphobes(cis woman) have called trans woman people with penises (or in spanish "pene portante") but they do that to make us feel bad, to tell us that we’re are not women, their intention is to hurt us.

"pregnant people" is to include everyone, the intention here is not to hurt, but a lot of trans men have said that they prefer people and articles to name them so again, articles and people should start saying "cis women, trans men and nb people" I think it looks better  

please remember to use the terms cis or trans whenever you’re talking about these issues. 

Andrea B
13 hours ago, Togekiss said:

One thought a friend brought up recently which I think is interesting.

To paraphrase:

Trans women are women. I believe that. Societal definitions of gender are constructs of society itself.

However, trans women and cis women have lived experiences some of which are similar and some of which are different. For example, to pick a topical subject, cis women can be forced to bare a pregnancy to term. Trans women cannot.

Acknowledging that is not radical or transphobic, it’s reality.

Women are women, but not all women are the same. Black women in America face higher mortality rates during pregnancy than white women for example. Does that mean black and white women are not equally women? Of course not. But these groups have different experiences that matter in real life.

I think we need better language to describe people’s experiences of gender/sex and how they interact and this is all an important part of that discussion. We should keep talking without telling one another to go f* themselves. But that’s just me.

I agree with you and every trans person too, nobody will ever accuse anyone of transphobia for saying what you said. but I could name a lot of fake feminists that could think that saying "trans women can’t get pregnant, they’re different in some ways" is radical(jk rowling for example).  

jeremiahsaint1000

did anyone give a **** about macy greys flop career anyway? 

and u know whats sad is that so many people of color are so anti lgbt 

when we are all survivors of systematic oppression, we should stick together not tear each other down.... 

what does macy have to gain by spewing this bullshit ??? so 10 trump supporters can go buy her album????? 

Archived