💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling supports Macy Gray’s transphobic comments: “truth hurts.”

Rebel

Featured Posts

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Debithius said:

Again, not what I personally think about trans issues, this what people like JK and Macy think. I am not sympathizing with them.

I know you're not on her side and I'm not saying otherwise. You're saying this backlash against trans people is because people had a hostile and strong response to those who questioned trans people and that made them more radical. But that is still putting the blame on trans people and allies for "making" people hate them. Transphobes like JKR don't need reasons to hate trans people, nobody provoked her to come out with her statements in the first place. This is called tone policing and it's a fallacy. Do I wish arguments could be solved in peace, with respect, and calmly, yes sure, but that's an imaginary perfect world, in the real world people are gonna have emotional angry responses when their existence is being questioned, and then blaming them for the hate that gets thrown their way doesn't do anything to help. 

chaeri pls

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

I hope the day comes where y'all understand that this stuff you're discussing from your moral high grounds are actual experiences lived by actual people who are constantly struggling to achieve their most basic rights and meet their very basic life needs. But sure they should be nice and understanding of transphobes because how dare they be #rude and #mean to those f*ckers who are threatening their livelihood  :/// Extremists!!!!! 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

LaLa
1 hour ago, catsounds said:

No.. I feel like the post is saying that when someone (yes stupidly) doesn't understand something, the world in return shouting abuse at them is not going to help them understand it.. It's just going to make them double down in their stupidity.. 

okay, but when JK Rowling first started posting TERF-y stuff there were TONS of people falling all over themselves to give her the benefit of the doubt and claim she was just confused or misspeaking because they loved her. There were plenty of people willing to try and have civil conversations with to her help her understand. But she doesn't want that, she doesn't want her mind changed, and people calling her out online are not to blame for that

secfelix

I saw a tweet the other day that sums this dialogue up--

What happens if trans people lose the trans debate?

Some of ya'll are evil.

MonsterBall13

Macy should try Choke on her goodbye to her career...trash

hieronymus
3 hours ago, JanStan said:

Exactly right. Some of the responses to your post attacked you for JUST acknowledging why JK and Macy were doing what they were doing. You didn’t even agree with them. The behavior of the extreme left is no different then the extreme right. They are just different issues and the tactics they use are the same. Youre not the problem, they are. 

Please elaborate on this point, if you don't mind.

2 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

Say what you want, but the moral high ground means nothing if your movement constantly ostracizes both people who support you and people that are in the middle and could use more education.

"Moral high ground" in this argument is such a farcical argument point.

Also what's stopping people from educating themselves?

You're literally just making up excuses for transphobia being the result of defending trans people.

JanStan
14 minutes ago, Hold My Ham said:

Please elaborate on this point, if you don't mind.

"Moral high ground" in this argument is such a farcical argument point.

Also what's stopping people from educating themselves?

You're literally just making up excuses for transphobia being the result of defending trans people.

Hi @Hold My Ham. What I mean is that it’s a similar playbook. 

Right: Create a common enemy -(immigrants, minorities, gays, poor people etc). Then when anyone disagrees shout them down by saying that they hate america, they hate our troops, they want illegals to take over the country etc.) 

Left: Create a common enemy (the wealthy, police, white people, etc). Then when anyone disagrees or questions call them racists, transphobes, homophobes etc.)

The sad part is that doing this doesn’t solve anything and the only ones that win are the media outlets and politicians. As long they can keep us afraid of ‘the others’ then they can stay in power and keep the cycle going. And sadly too many of us are more than happy to participate. 

Andrea B
4 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

I think the reason the trans movement continues to struggle is because there are so many people like you who insist on berating and belittling others who are actually on your side. 

You really think thats the reason? wow

Andrea B

The gaslight here is ridiculous. Some "allies" here need to stop writing and talking about trans issues. I know most of you value freedom of speech but being a good ally is also knowing when to stop talking. 

Andrea B

Sometimes I really hate allies, they think they know everything about us bc they read it somewhere or bc they have a big imagination.

even JK rowling sees herself as an ally lol 

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, Andrea Nicole said:

The gaslight here is ridiculous. Some "allies" here need to stop writing and talking about trans issues. I know most of you value freedom of speech but being a good ally is also knowing when to stop talking. 

Being a good ally is also stepping up to the plate and educating the ignorant to win more allies for the cause, instead of co-opting trans anger and attacking anyone who says or does something problematic :glamourpuss:

Andrea B
8 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Being a good ally is also stepping up to the plate and educating the ignorant to win more allies for the cause, instead of co-opting trans anger and attacking anyone who says or does something problematic :glamourpuss:

Thank you for your service, ally. Thanks for understanding us and knowing more about trans issues and how we act than us. Thank you for your empathy. 

I'm so tired.

Cameltoe Chariot
8 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

Thank you for your service, ally. Thanks for understanding us and knowing more about trans issues and how we act than us. Thank you for your empathy. 

I'm so tired.

What exactly do you want then? Silence? Because that’s most likely what you’ll get when people who have nothing to lose from anti-trans legislature and rhetoric are constantly ostracized when offering support and allyship to the trans community.

All I’m saying is non-trans allies need to do more work in advocating for and amplifying trans voices. They need to educate their ignorant friends and family, and speak out and educate public figures who misstep or say problematic things. When these non-trans allies only attack and add to the anger and outrage they only create more noise and give ammo to the right/TERFs/transphobes.

But if you think that’s wrong or unnecessary I don’t know what else to say, other than I wish you well.

Andrea B
Just now, CameltoeKween said:

What exactly do you want then? Silence? Because that’s most likely what you’ll get when people who have nothing to lose from anti-trans legislature and rhetoric are constantly ostracized when offering support and allyship to the trans community.

All I’m saying is non-trans allies need to do more work in advocating for and amplifying trans voices. They need to educate their ignorant friends and family, and speak out and educate public figures who misstep or say problematic things. When these non-trans allies only attack and add to the anger and outrage they only create more noise and give ammo to the right/TERFs/transphobes.

But if you think that’s wrong or unnecessary I don’t know what else to say, other than I wish you well.

Yes, silence from you. Thank you.

Not The Real Gaga
51 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

Yes, silence from you. Thank you.

With all due respect, this is exactly how you fuel the hate of transphobes.

I think @CameltoeKween makes a fair point: on a general level, you win people over with conversations and education; attacking them, while I perfectly understand where that is coming from, won't help at the end.

Archived