JK Rowling supports Macy Gray’s transphobic comments: “truth hurts.”

Rebel

Featured Posts

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LadyxGaGa
11 hours ago, Debithius said:

Disclaimer: I am not sympathizing with transphobes. I am only trying to explain how they see it, even if I don't agree with it. It's important to understand how and why they view certain things and then tackle them/disprove their views that way because what these people are doing is not okey.

------

I would say that the reason people are obsessed with trans persons the way they are today, is because of how the internet treated people who had valid criticizm/arguments and questions when trans issues started to become a hot topic. Because before it became a hotly debated topic in the media, these discussions were already taking place online. People involved expected everyone to understand immidietally or they were considered transphobic if they had questions or criticizm about something they never really understood. The way the "woke" crowd responded turned them off I guess.

People have grown very bitter because of this and because they are tired of seeing people getting cancelled they formed their own little army to fight back with the same amount of force I guess.

It doesn't mean that what they say or do is right but nobody wants to recognize each other's point of view on the matter. But yes, people like JK and Macy need to chill for a moment and really think this through.

as a trans person all of this frfr

like it’s so asinine to think that people are going to b curious of us and not have some Q’s and like i would like to talk about my own personal experience than have someone search me up and immediately fall into a trans rabbit hole that i am sure we can all guess it ends up to

uwu 

Fanta

Not a single person in this thread supports, defends or excuses JK Rowling. Not a single person in this thread is against trans rights.

This thread is an embarrassment.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

With all due respect, this is exactly how you fuel the hate of transphobes.

I think @CameltoeKween makes a fair point: on a general level, you win people over with conversations and education; attacking them, while I perfectly understand where that is coming from, won't help at the end.

yes its always trans people fault, i know

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Auro said:

Some of y'all in this thread:

DkE4XG_W0AAVeEe.jpg

they seem to care more about how we react to hate and violence than the actual violence we face everyday.

its so easy to judge our ''anger'' when most of the people here are not trans or even a trans woman, for a lot of people here this is just topic of conversation but for me its my life.

I'm on HRT and that makes me SO SENSIBLE, I can't really control it, my life feels like sh*t right now and on top of that I have to face transphobia in person and online, also hormones and surgery are really really expensive and that adds stress to my life, surgery and hormones are saving my life.

Being trans is really difficult bc of all the stress we're under thanks to society, people have traumatized me so much so I hope '''allies'' can understand my anger when I see transphobia or someone trying to gaslight half of the trans community. One transphobic event or comment in person or online can end with my life, there's really diffcult days and all I can think about is ending my life so sorry if i'm angry or if I don't react how you all want.

please have so empathy, we're tired and angry, people are killing us.

this isn't just about me, its about my trans sisters and brothers.

Andrea B

but I understand the point, people react better if we're calm or if we ignore them. I'm not dumb I fully understand what you're all saying but please don't judge us so easily, blame us for transphobia or how transphobic people react.

Remember that we're humans, we have traumas, feelings and stress. There are a lot of trans people that react how you like(calm) but others can't do that at the moment.

@CameltoeKween@Not The Real Gaga

Levine

So we should calm, patient and explain to these people like if they were children that needed to be educated. But WHERE ARE their manners? Macy responded with "Truth hurts" when someone was trying to reasoning with her, like WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Do you think that in all these years trans people haven't tried to dialogate, reasoning and PEACEFUL manifesting for that rights? They did it, for decades, and they are still getting MURDERED, outcasted, beaten the **** up, denied every basic human right. Who are you to speak for them and tell them how to beheave?

What's next? Hitlet did what he did because no jeweish went to talk genlty with him and explaining that we are all the same?

Levine
6 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

but I understand the point, people react better if we're calm 

Y'all did that for decades and you're still threatened like **** in 2022. You have all the rights to be mad, angry and TIRED to school people. There is the internet and many many many opportunities to educate yourself, at this point it's her choice to remain ignorant (or pretend to be just to be openly hateful).

Cameltoe Chariot

For the record, I was always talking about non-trans/cis allies. I NEVER said trans people need to calm down or educate. I said NON-TRANS ALLIES need to.

And on that note I’m dipping out on this convo, because people are reacting before actually reading what others are saying in here. This is f*cking ridiculous.

Andrea B
11 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

For the record, I was always talking about non-trans/cis allies. I NEVER said trans people need to calm down or educate. I said NON-TRANS ALLIES need to.

And on that note I’m dipping out on this convo, because people are reacting before actually reading what others are saying in here. This is f*cking ridiculous.

but you judged our anger. You should be celebreting that, our anger have saved so many lifes but yeah you cis will always be right.

LittleMonster20

I’m transgender myself but I don’t really know what to say. I guess I just think it’s sad that JK Rowling does stuff like this, knowing she has tons of transgender fans who have read her books and supported her in the past. Not only that, I remember in her first few statements she explicitly said she would ‘march for trans people if they were discriminated’, yet if you look at the sort of things she posts now (and especially her supporters, you know those ‘gender critical feminists’ who say the most vile things about trans people and their bodies) it’s like she just said that to avoid being called completely transphobic.

LittleMonster20
2 hours ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

With all due respect, this is exactly how you fuel the hate of transphobes.

I think @CameltoeKween makes a fair point: on a general level, you win people over with conversations and education; attacking them, while I perfectly understand where that is coming from, won't help at the end.

You have to remember that extremist transphobes use some of the most brutal language towards trans people who have done nothing wrong, and sometimes transgender people as a monolith that can be eliminated instead of a group with individual people.

If you know ContraPoints, I’d highly recommend watching her ‘Gender Critical’ video. It explains a lot about how far radical transphobes go in not just their language but also their online presence and actions.

insight

I think it's an important discussion to be had between cis women and transgender women. It feels like a monologue from both sides, for now.

Auro
2 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

they seem to care more about how we react to hate and violence than the actual violence we face everyday.

1000 times this!

I'm sorry that you and the rest of the trans community have to deal with people like this, wishing you nothing but the best :hug:

He/They

Pennywise
2 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

This is what I was trying to get across, although put in a much, much nicer way. 

Don't let these... people, gaslight you into submission. You are not wrong to be angry. You are not wrong to be "not nice" to your oppressors. That will NEVER be the case. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived