Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Scared to go on concerts?

Vanitas

Featured Posts

Cello
5 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Being a woman myself the only thing I'd worry about is going from the venue to the hotel. After the concert there will be a lot of people going in all kinds of directions - especially to public transport, so that's still safe. Maybe you could call a taxi?

I think I'll get a taxi if there are any available, my hotel is in a busy area too so it should be fine really, I'm just overthinking it :cryga:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaohlala
1 hour ago, Oriane said:

What's scaring me is that recently there's a trend, mostly in clubs, where people get jabbed with needles, they realize it afterwards and they have absolutely no idea what's in there, they can't find anything when they go to doctors to get analyzed etc. And apparently it's starting to happen at concerts too. I know it's a big deal in France right now, I haven't found much about the subject in Germany.

As a French fan coming, I’m so scared about that. I don’t go to clubs anymore, but I can’t not go to the Chromatica Ball damn… I’m praying it’s gonna be fine, those needles with blood contact or diseases are one of my biggest fear 

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

Dr Fudge

I know this sounds totally macabre, but I think if I were to get shot at a concert and die, dying at a Gaga concert is at least the most fitting. At least I would die seeing who I love most with people that I love.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

LaLa

I do think about this basically any time I'm a group setting now :duck:

I try not to let it change my habits or keep me from things, but it does always cross my mind. Chromatica Ball is gong to be by far the biggest crowd I've been in in years, I'm a wee bit nervous, but realistically I know it should be fine 

LastNight

Totally understand your anxiety about this - you're not being stupid at all! I think about it from time to time and it does make me nervous. I try and not focus on it too much though. It's a bit morbid but I try and remind myself that on any given day I could trip and hit my head, or get knocked down crossing the street, or any number of other things that are statistically more likely to happen than being caught in a terror attack, so there isn't too much point worrying about it. We never know what's going to happen in life, we just have to keep going and try and look after ourselves as best as possible, and make sure to enjoy the good things while we're here.

Something that reassures me is that venues typically do thorough bag checks and body scans etc., so you're likely safest within the stadium itself. Prior to the concert people tend to arrive over several hours in dribs and drabs, so it's unlikely for something to happen then either. In terms of leaving after the concert, I plan to hold back a while so I'm not with masses of people all swarming outside the stadium and on to public transport together at once. I saw Cher and also The 1975 at Manchester Arena a few years after the attack at Ariana's concert there and both times I was very nervous walking out with everyone into the surrounding public areas (it's attached to a train station). Everything was fine, but I'll definitely wait this time around.

Also, although incidents do happen from time-to-time, many countries have amazing counter-terrorism operations in place whose job it is to prevent these things and they'll absolutely be aware of all major entertainment or sporting events taking place in the country and the varying risks they pose. Honestly, I think something is much more likely to happen in a place where there are lots of people but who aren't gathered for a specific reason (e.g. at a shopping centre or another busy public space). I'm sure big events are targets for criminal organisations, but because of that it's probably much harder for them to pull an attack off - there's too much focus on them and lots of extra security.

In terms of other crimes, you just have to look out for yourself and others as best you can. I would bear in mind that most people at a concert have spent hundreds of pounds to be there - it's a lot of hassle for a criminal to pay for a ticket, travel to the show, queue up on the day and hang around for the concert just to do something they could do much more easily elsewhere. I think we have to have a balance of being vigilant and understanding that there's potential for something to happen, whilst also not scaremongering or working ourselves up too much. Keep your possessions zipped up, take note of the people around you and, if you can, take the hit and spend a bit of extra money to get a taxi to and from the show.

Hope you're ok and that you come to a decision you feel comfortable with! :heart:

LadyEnigma

most concerts have pretty good security, if it really worries you look up the venue and their rules and decide if they are strict enough for you.

Ivy

Yes as the time comes closer I am getting really scared

Especially because Gaga is so high profile, and because of who she is and what she stands for. There's lots of concerts all the time, but she's Lady Gaga.. it's different

cherryboomboom

at least in Germany it is very safe, because of "hidden" emergency case scenario planning and each big concert is being supervised by secret "police". although it sounds very paranoid...

Vanitas
4 hours ago, cherryboomboom said:

at least in Germany it is very safe, because of "hidden" emergency case scenario planning and each big concert is being supervised by secret "police". although it sounds very paranoid...

I hope u r right mate. Also bist du deutsch? But i Never saw or heard of these 😳

aaronf4242

I won’t lie, I’m pretty anxious about the Dusseldorf show with Pink Monday being the next day. A lot of LGBT people in one place after these attacks does have me nervous. 

DeanSummer

I know that many people insecure with all of the chaos in the world 

But on the other hand there are so many massive events taking place every single day all over the world and nothing happens. But that is not worthy of any news. 

Since Gaga does not tour as much as she used to it will be harder to witness her live so I recommend to go but in the end of the day it is your choice

DS

Fresco

I don't have the same level of anxiety as some of you. I'm actually not worried about a shooting at all.

I'll bring a good n95 mask with me incase there is a sick symptomatic numbscull seated near me.  If someone pricks me with a needle, they will deeply regret it.:creepflop:

But you have to do you. If you feel some kind of intuition that something bad will happen to you, then you have to work with that, try to narrow it down and figure out what to do.

MonsterARTPOP
On 7/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, Cello said:

I hadn't really considered this. The thing that has bothered me more (and almost put me off going) is getting back to my hotel room safely at night. I'm a woman and will be going to the concert on my own. Oddly enough, travelling to and staying at a hotel by myself makes me more nervous than something happening at the concert. I guess I feel safer in places with lots of people.

Same thing for me, especially for both London nights, I'll be stayin in Camden Town and still have no idea how to get from Tottenham back there late at night :rip:  In Paris a friend might hopefully be able to pick me up by car.

Archived