celeb

Bette Middler shares (potentially) transphobic tweet

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise

This is just the same rhetoric R*wling keeps spewing. Absolutely no trans people want "women" erased. Trans-inclusive language, especially in the field of medicine, saves lives.

Sure, "menstruator" or "birthing people" sound particularly dehumanizing I think, in my opinion there could be better language use that also includes trans women. However, those words (in this tweet) are not used much at all at the moment anyway, and this tweet therefore is generalizing something that is a non-issue and helping TERFs attack trans people.

So, miss thing here either does not know **** and just heard something and decided to make it an issue, or she's actively being a TERF. I hope it's the first one, though ignorance in this age is also... unsightly :bear:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Borisapillar

And of course JK Rowling immediately retweeted. 

I think this will go quite badly for Bette, but I don’t think she was being intentionally transphobic. Something tells me she will have to apologize for this and clarify what she meant after someone at Disney tells her to. 

Pennywise

look at me writing a whole essay, thesis writing really got to me huh :air:

PartySick

I've never gotten terf vibes from her before. I think she's just ignorant to the rhetoric being adopted tbh. Hopefully she learns.

🖤

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

look at me writing a whole essay, thesis writing really got to me huh :air:

We love the passion though

🖤

Chromatography

am i being ignorant? i don’t think that’s what she meant at all. i read it as women are just viewed as vessels/incubators for men in light of roe v wade. obviously rowling retweeting it doesn’t look good and puts it in a different context but i read it as women are viewed as second class citizens in the us which i think is true 

Anderson123

If I read that on Twitter instead of this thread I'd have never thought it's transphobic.. but that's just me idk. I don't think that's what she meant. Either way it's gonna get messy and stuff is going to happen, especially with Hocus Pocus 2 on the way.

• PartySick changed the title to Bette Middler shares (potentially) transphobic tweet
PartySick
2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i read it as women are just viewed as vessels/incubators for men in light of roe v wade

That's fair but this language is very terf-y so...I'll just add "potentially" to the thread title and hope she clarifies later

🖤

Pennywise
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

That's fair but this language is very terf-y so...I'll just add "potentially" to the thread title and hope she clarifies later

Someone tweeted this :air:

LadyEnigma

does she have a past of being transphobic, because with what's currently going on i feel like this is more directed towards "pro-lifers" and the men who view women as incubators.

PartySick
Just now, Pennywise said:

Someone tweeted this :air:

Yeah, so others are reading it the same way :laughga:

But she's consistently been anti-right so I think @Chromatography and @Anderson123 might be right and she was making a point that women are more than incubators. It's a shame transphobes have hijacked feminism so badly that stating that can be interpreted as transphobia.

🖤

PartySick
Just now, Julia Fox said:

always editing my titles, there's no creative freedom in here

i cant wendy williams GIF

Accuracy > creativity :triggered:

🖤

Archived