💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bette Middler shares (potentially) transphobic tweet

Dojo

Featured Posts

I do think calling women menstruators, birthing bodies, is extremely dehumanizing. I don’t understand why people in the US make things so complicated…. Call transwomen women and women, women, and let’s call it a day. But for god sake, don’t insult us. It’s too much and we been walked on for too long, centuries for u to come here and say we are menstruators lmao. Cmon now. Be better

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TwistedTeeth
18 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I do think calling women menstruators, birthing bodies, is extremely dehumanizing. I don’t understand why people in the US make things so complicated…. Call transwomen women and women, women, and let’s call it a day. But for god sake, don’t insult us. It’s too much and we been walked on for too long, centuries for u to come here and say we are menstruators lmao. Cmon now. Be better

You missed a step, babes. There are trans men who can menstruate and give birth and this is what is ignored 100% of the time. Instead the hate is always geared towards trans women. For... simply being a woman. Lol. Isn't that peculiar?
926beeb223e45ced56958b6d17953a0a51c70717

There has to be a neutral term for a person who experiences periods, we just haven't hit the mark yet and usually transphobic feminists make it weird for everyone.

Ranked FFXIV's Worst Player with the Best Pecs!

4 minutes ago, TwistedTeeth said:

You missed a step, babes. There are trans men who can menstruate and give birth and this is what is ignored 100% of the time. Instead the hate is always geared towards trans women. For... simply being a woman. Lol. Isn't that peculiar?
926beeb223e45ced56958b6d17953a0a51c70717

There has to be a neutral term for a person who experiences periods, we just haven't hit the mark yet and usually transphobic feminists make it weird for everyone.

In this case transmen at the hospital can be called a birthing person! 

BornAsUnic0rn
34 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Nobody is saying anything against that. Not every woman menstruates (trans women, women who reached menopause, infertile women,...) and not every person that can get pregnant has to be a woman (trans men, some intersex people). People are simply trying to talk about everyone who could possibly be pregnant in that instance. It's a conscious choice to be inclusive to everyone affected by said topic and solely talking about that group. I agree that menstruators sounds dehumanizing and insulting tho, but that's always the case if you reduce people to one function of their body tbh. I only hear 'people who menstruate' and 'menstruating people' usually and that is meant, like I said, to include trans men and intersex people who are fertile. So not every woman is a 'menstruator' and not every 'menstruator' is a woman, if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Nobody is saying anything against that. Not every woman menstruates (trans women, women who reached menopause, infertile women,...) and not every person that can get pregnant has to be a woman (trans men, some intersex people). People are simply trying to talk about everyone who could possibly be pregnant in that instance. It's a conscious choice to be inclusive to everyone affected by said topic and solely talking about that group. I agree that menstruators sounds dehumanizing and insulting tho, but that's always the case if you reduce people to one function of their body tbh. I only hear 'people who menstruate' and 'menstruating people' usually and that is meant, like I said, to include trans men and intersex people who are fertile. So not every woman is a 'menstruator' and not every 'menstruator' is a woman, if that makes sense. 

Yes. I think [redacted]

Andrea B
3 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

but this isn't about trans women lol

we're always at the center of the conversation, i'm so tired of it. this isn't about us:fatcat:

its about cis women, trans men and nb people who can give birth

Andrea B
6 hours ago, River said:

eeeeeeh she was transphobic to Caitlin Jenner before but on the other hand she's pro-trans rights so it's just Bette Middler being Bette Middler I guess and she mixed the Pro-Choice with TERF language.

bette_midler_one_.jpg?fit=crop&ar=16:9&w

Andrea B
6 hours ago, LadyEnigma said:

does she have a past of being transphobic, because with what's currently going on i feel like this is more directed towards "pro-lifers" and the men who view women as incubators.

bette_midler_one_.jpg?fit=crop&ar=16:9&w

Debithius

I am sorry but I am missing the transphobic part in this tweet? Can someone please point out what's so bad about it specifically?

Andrea B
7 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Sure, "menstruator" or "birthing people" sound particularly dehumanizing I think, in my opinion there could be better language use that also includes trans women.

please don't include us in this narrative, this isn't about trans women :cyanlights: :heart:

Andrea B
27 minutes ago, Debithius said:

I am sorry but I am missing the transphobic part in this tweet? Can someone please point out what's so bad about it specifically?

trans men and some nb people can get pregnant so to include them in the conversation about abortion, we're trying to say ''cis women and people who can give birth'' or ''cis women, trans men and nb people'' whenever we're talking about this topic.

We're not erasing anyone, we're incluiding more people and Bette is basically saying that we're erasing women, she's completly ignoring the fact that trans men and nb people exist.

She's the one erasing trans men and nb people and that's transphobic(even if its intentional or not).

Also it doesn't help that TERFS use the same words Bette is using to discredit and erase trans people and that she's been transphobic in the past towards Caitlyn Jenner.

En_Sabah_Nur

Here ya go trying to cancel ANOTHER Alley again!!!  Smh 

Don’t ya ever get tired!???  :cyanlights: 

Egypt. W

Pennywise
7 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Here ya go trying to cancel ANOTHER Alley again!!!  Smh 

Don’t ya ever get tired!???  :cyanlights: 

...have you not read the thread at all? With people's real concerns about this? Like.... sis no one is canceling her...........

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise
1 hour ago, Andrea Nicole said:

please don't include us in this narrative, this isn't about trans women :cyanlights: :heart:

sorry sis :runhug:

1 hour ago, Andrea Nicole said:

trans men and some nb people can get pregnant so to include them in the conversation about abortion, we're trying to say ''cis women and people who can give birth'' or ''cis women, trans men and nb people'' whenever we're talking about this topic.

We're not erasing anyone, we're incluiding more people and Bette is basically saying that we're erasing women, she's completly ignoring the fact that trans men and nb people exist.

She's the one erasing trans men and nb people and that's transphobic(even if its intentional or not).

Also it doesn't help that TERFS use the same words Bette is using to discredit and erase trans people and that she's been transphobic in the past towards Caitlyn Jenner.

I agree with you on this, sorry if it didn't come across that way :hug:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

En_Sabah_Nur
3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

...have you not read the thread at all? With people's real concerns about this? Like.... sis no one is canceling her...........

Yes I read this whole entire thread, and I can ALREADY see what this is all leading to…Smh  🙄😒

Egypt. W

Archived