💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele stands by decision to postpone her residency: It wasn’t good enough

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Adele has no regrets when it comes to canceling her Las Vegas residency in January, saying the show was not up to her standards.

Speaking to Desert Island Discs presenter Lauren Laverne, Adele said: "I definitely felt everyone's disappointment and I was devastated and I was frightened about letting them down.

"I thought I could pull it together and make it work and I couldn't, and I stand by that decision."

She continued: “You can’t buy me, you can’t buy me for nothing,”
"I'm not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down or because we're going to lose loads of money. I'm like, the show's not good enough."

"Of course I could be someone on TikTok or Instagram Live every day being like, 'I'm working on it'," she explained. "Of course I'm working on it! I'm not gonna update you if I ain't got nothing to update you with because that just leads to more disappointment.

"I was a shell of a person for a couple of months," she continued. "I just had to wait it out and just grieve it, I guess, just grieve the shows and get over the guilt, but it was brutal."
source source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Teletubby changed the title to Adele stands by decision to postpone her residency: It wasn’t good enough
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a pity that she didn't think about all the people who were booking tickets, planning the trip and lost a lot of money.

reallydima

I'm not even going to address the first comment on here. 

Good for her for staying true to herself and her art. It isn't about quantity, it's about quality. And she knows that. 

Ghost Face

It's management. Just wait with the annoucement of the shows until you have a concept you stand behind. 

It's an honor.

TEANUS

But if a show is THAT far off from being ready, wouldn’t that have been obvious prior to the day of the show or day before or whenever ludicrous time they decided to cancel?

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Dojo
7 minutes ago, reallydima said:

but you just did :oprah:

why vegas? she should have an iconic residency in london! it would be majestic!

Not The Real Gaga
1 minute ago, TEANUS said:

But if a show is THAT far off from being ready, wouldn’t that have been obvious prior to the day of the show or day before or whenever ludicrous time they decided to cancel?

Yes, it would.

RAMROD

BF4-D5-EA3-8-D12-4-CCE-8-C3-C-B778-AA95-

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

KORG

How unready can an Adele show be? Honestly, it's not like she has choreo, set design, moving props etc to worry about.

Her live performances have been very simplistic with a tiny bit of set design...

Unless she's decided to be Britney Spears for the residency.

Very weird.

3 minutes ago, KORG said:

How unready can an Adele show be? Honestly, it's not like she has choreo, set design, moving props etc to worry about.

That's what im wandering about as well... 

I mean look at her London concerts atm, their great but it's just her, a live band and big tv screen.

AbhainnTirim
21 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

but you just did :oprah:

why vegas? she should have an iconic residency in london! it would be majestic!

omg London would be so good for an Adele residency......a proper English night with Adele!

Chromatography
31 minutes ago, reallydima said:

Good for her for staying true to herself and her art. It isn't about quantity, it's about quality. And she knows that. 

yeah…ok have gaga cancel..what was it, day of? of the chromatica ball. and let’s see your reaction then.

TortureMeOnReplay
28 minutes ago, reallydima said:

I'm sorry but this isn't just about something simple like a $15 album that they got refunded and won't have mailed to them right away. This is about people who spent thousands of dollars in order to travel across the world and see her. People who used their PTO (if they were even lucky enough to have that), their hard earned money, and dedicated actual time to see her. And she decided to cancel past the very last minute. Those people won't all get back their PTO. They can't tell their employer they're just gonna show up as normal and just time off another day. They booked their plane tickets with whatever points or money they had. It's insane to think that this was just a minor inconvenience to a normal person and dismiss it as a small artistic choice. 

Okay, it's a valid opinion, and it's great to want to have the best show possible for the audience, but you can't cancel few days before when people have organized their lives around your concert, hotels, tickets, money set aside, plane flights potentially. That to me is inacceptable and she should apologize instead of preaching about how great of a decision she made. Idk

To me if you cancel like that, days before, the only valid reason would be sickness, a tragedy, an event you can't miss as a human being. But not because the stage isn't "ready". Well, i'm sorry but u gotta be professional, maybe the time management was flawed, but that's on you. If you couldn't make it all work for the day of the show then I don't know. Gaga made it work for Superbowl with huge costumes, choreos, special effects. You are Adele I'm sure u could've reworked weeks before, if not months and have a vision, and if that vision didn't come to life then so be it. It's life, you are an artist but you also do business, so there's a certain professionalism you gotta have. Just my onion

Archived