💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Eastenders announces first Drag Queen regular character

Cello

Featured Posts

Cello

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62010839

EastEnders' first ever drag queen is due to sashay on to Albert Square as a regular character.

Fans have been given a sneak peek at Tara Misu, played by Matthew Morrison.

Matthew said it was a privilege "to showcase the creative art of drag" to viewers and the residents of Walford and to "represent the LGBTQIA+ community".

"It's important for people to feel reflected on screen," he added.

_125677822_2785c72078183fb2d9dbbdb4f10ba

she/her đŸ‘čđŸ–€ | đŸš«Tabloid JunkieđŸŽ¶

Cello

Thot Bottom who? 

Series 2 You Aint My Mother GIF by BBC Three

she/her đŸ‘čđŸ–€ | đŸš«Tabloid JunkieđŸŽ¶

Debithius

I am always confused about the representation of LGBTQ on TV.  The majority of the community are not drag queens but yet they are being used to represent us, why? Most LGBTQ people wouldn't feel reflected by seeing a drag queen on TV or am I wrong? Wouldn't it be like taking a heterosexual sub culture and say that it represents the entire heterosexual community? 

Wolf Boy
13 hours ago, Debithius said:

I am always confused about the representation of LGBTQ on TV.  The majority of the community are not drag queens but yet they are being used to represent us, why? Most LGBTQ people wouldn't feel reflected by seeing a drag queen on TV or am I wrong? Wouldn't it be like taking a heterosexual sub culture and say that it represents the entire heterosexual community? 

What other shows are using only drag queens to represent us? 

hieronymus

Just to clarify, this is not the same Matthew Morrison who was in Glee and AHS. I read the article before the image loaded and got so confused.

Archived