Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Alternate title for ARTPOP - “Art Of Lust”

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

“Art Of Lust”:koons:

this randomly popped into my head so i just had to share it

i feel like simply titling the album that and defining the album as an album about the art of sex and inspired by her lover that time would’ve saved her alot of time explaining and would’ve saved the confusion around the era alot in my opinion, cause truth be told 70% of the tracks are mainly about that so it would be just appropriate 

Sneaky Oliver

I loooove ARTPOP but i really wish the album title was "Behind the Aura" or simply The Aura. It's a simple detail that could have changed the whole history

I’m on my Legacy Act era

holy scheisse

ARTPOP is an iconic title imo 

2 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I loooove ARTPOP but i really wish the album title was "Behind the Aura" or simply The Aura. It's a simple detail that could have changed the whole history

idk if the title woulda changed anything at all really. The media/pop machine was ready to tear gagz down at the time regardless of the title, and ppl were sick of her theatrics 

pussycat
3 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I agree and she still likes it too. She brings it back a lot and I feel like she's still not done with it. 

Imagine AURA as act I title and ARTPOP as act II title :giveup:

Borisapillar

I think the title is half the reason why the GP turned so harshly on this era.

Should have been called Aura.

Smother Em Eh

I like that idea but I wish it was called Goddess Of Love or Venus: Goddess Of Love or something like that. I think it would be neat and memorable! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

3 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I've always thought the same thing, especially with "The Aura" feeling like a sister name to "The Fame."

I feel like the title "ARTPOP" had a bigger impact on the album's reception than a lot of people would like to admit. To this day, it's still unclear what it's supposed to mean in practice. Whatever her intentions for the album were, they weren't articulated either in the marketing of the record or in its subject matter itself. The album definitely has themes – sex, anger, substance abuse, gender roles, power – and I would argue is a pretty emotionally cohesive body of work. But that gets washed away by all the pretentious, convoluted "reverse warholian" "my ARTPOP could mean anything" "art in pop culture" mumbo jumbo that isn't present at all in the music itself (outside of some throwaway lines in Applause and the song ARTPOP itself – which, if it weren't the title track and center of the album, wouldn't come across that way at all).

if she'd dialed down all the extra stuff, hadn't tried to dress up the music as this revolutionary high art statement, and released it just as it was – a great pop record, imo – it wouldn't have been quite as detrimental to her career (at the time). Calling it "The Aura" and putting it out as a sister record to The Fame could only have benefited it, I believe.

ChrissyBot

I know no other title other than ARTPOP. ARTPOP is ARTPOP. Leave ARTPOP alone. :koons::what::queenga::icega::messga::excuseu::enigma::laughga::lolga::wtfga::bye:

why on earth are people thinking the album title is the reason it “flopped”? It didn’t perform as well as her past work because in 2012 and 2013 the GP was sick of Gaga and there were more popular people coming up at the time including Carly Rae Jepsen (ex.: the Gaga tweet about Call Me Maybe taking the #1 from BTW). 

and I’m not understanding the lack on understanding about the concept of ARTPOP and how y’all think it’s “mumbo jumbo??? It’s not that pretentious nor is it that hard to understand, nor was it the reason it flopped. Leave ARTPOP alone!!! *Chris Crocker voice*  :trollga:

Julien Lockhart

ARTPOP the name was the reason why the GP and some medias trashed her

I always thinking GAGART would've been "better" or something like that even if I have to admit that ARTPOP the name is iconic

He ate my heart

Dojo

GARGOYLE would have being iconic

GAGALOO, more fresh and multi dimensional, the album itself is not very ARTPOP on it's own, only the visuals not the music, never made sense which probably was part of the concept, ugh her mind

Debithius

I am sorry but you guys are dropping some corny ass names which would tank the album to new lows. Interscope would probably refuse to let Gaga release the album with any of those names :trollga:

Sneaky Oliver
57 minutes ago, sexy said:

I've always thought the same thing, especially with "The Aura" feeling like a sister name to "The Fame."

Wow The Aura as a concept of realizing The Fame is not real and finally crossing that veil she portrayed during The Fame would have been actually such a smart idea!! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived