Thoughts  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Featured Posts

Taylucifer

I was just thinking and considering and I feel Like Lorde could have an cool take on hyper pop and would also be interesting sonic departure from Solar Power. I feel like it would should more along the lines of Rebecca Black's 'Rebecca Black Was here' or Charli XCX's 'Crash', but I feel like it could be fun and that she has the voice for it. idk, let's discuss:vegas:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

alsemanche

I don't really see it for her tbh, but I wouldn't be mad if she does it and does it well :vegas: 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Future Lovers

No, I don't think so. Lorde's a versatile artist for sure, but she also seems to be pretty strict about the overall feel of her music and the mood associated with it. Hyper-pop is kind of the antithesis of that mood and feeling and I don't think it'd work for her. 

edengowon

no it'd just give everyone another reason to drag her. hyperpop isn't exactly a hugely loved genre by the wider community and i think she needs to go back to a melodrama-esque poppier sound with L4, to try and regain the attention of those who fell off with solar power before branching out with something else. and this is coming from a hardcore solar power stan.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Putang Ina Mo

Is Bjork's Biophillia a hyperpop? If yes, then Lorde can do it.

my username says it all 🇵🇭

alsemanche
9 minutes ago, Putang Ina Mo said:

Is Bjork's Biophillia a hyperpop? If yes, then Lorde can do it.

Not at all. Biophilia is Björk's most 'mainstream pop' album if anything.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

ignotus

i dont think so. 

Now that she’s gone blonde, i think i would love a bangerz-esque type of album from her lol not with all the wild stuff, but the sound lol :oops:

BleepBloop

Well, i'd like her to do progressive pop, something like Charli's Gone, and not something like Charli's claws. Also why is hyperpop even a thing, it's literally just experimental/progressive pop music lol

Sneaky Oliver

Hyper pop is not even a real genre :glamourpuss: 

but I’d love to get something like Crash from her! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

elijahfan

I’m not really seeing it for her, but who knows what her next record’s mood is gonna be. If Solar Power proved anything, it’s that she loves subverting expectations.

holy scheisse

is “crash” hyper pop ? I feel like Charli’s hyper pop album is “how I’m feeling now” 

I miss lordes  brand of pop from the first two albums I hope she does something reminiscent of it but I’m sure she’ll never go back to that exact sound bc she has evolved 

Archived