Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga should dedicate HMH to Ukraine (Chromatica Ball)

Dennis

Featured Posts

Dennis

Personally, I feel like celebrities are not doing enough to keep Ukraine in our recent memory. We are unfortunately a society that operates based on trends and news cycles. And Putin has been betting on that. Atrocities and death in Ukraine have been rising, yet people's attention has been declining.

Chromatica Ball could provide Gaga with an opportunity to get back to the activism that we all love her for.

I would like to see Hold My Hand performance to be dedicated to the Ukrainian pilots who are risking their lives on daily missions to provide coverage, support and aid.

Ukraine said that 90% of pilots who flew to the siege of Mariupol to provide aid to the defenders did not return.

And until this day, they continue risking their lives on a daily basis

We watch those dangerous manoeuvres in Top Gun: Maverick but we tend to forget that there are real people who are actually doing that in real life as we speak. I think the theme of the song could provide a great opportunity for a tribute. I hope Gaga doesn't miss this opportunity.

Pennywise

People would say it is out of touch, and they would be right, especially since it is tied to a movie such as Top Gun that is more like Top Tier American Propaganda. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

I'd rather her do fundraisers or simply take money from her rich friends like she did for COVID-19. 

Dennis
15 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

People would say it is out of touch, and they would be right, especially since it is tied to a movie such as Top Gun that is more like Top Tier American Propaganda. 

So associating herself with such "propaganda" movie is not "out of touch", but somehow dedicating the message to real people who are risking their lives everyday is? Gosh I hate this type of wokism.

What is out of touch however, is for us to completely move on, forget about what's happening. We should never lose sight of what's at stake. And even small gestures of rememberance, drawing people's attention to the ongoing sruggle will help. 

TimotheeChalamet

She dedicated Angel Down to "anyone who had lost people to senseless violence" so I can see it, maybe not Hold My Hand but she's definitely going to send a positive message (like she ALWAYS does on her tours) 

InTheCloset

Celebrities should raise their voices for Ukraine and Palestine too

The abyss stares back

Pennywise
3 hours ago, Dennis said:

So associating herself with such "propaganda" movie is not "out of touch",

I mean... to ME it is out of touch, but I'm just talking on the general perception people could have. No need to get your panties in a bunch. 

Alfonso

I'm pretty sure that she'll address the world's situation at some point (perhaps not specifically dedicate the song like you said but the problem itself)

I do think that while famous people have a platform they can use to remind people about certain events, they can't end them, so it's all up to our society 

Neroneau
On 6/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, InTheCloset said:

Celebrities should raise their voices for Ukraine and Palestine too

I’m sorry but Palestine is so passé, even neighbouring Arab countries forgot about it 

(sarcasm)

Hyperballad
On 6/28/2022 at 4:24 AM, Sexxx said:

I’d rather she didn’t perform that song ddd

same :bradley:

InTheCloset
8 hours ago, Neroneau said:

I’m sorry but Palestine is so passé, even neighbouring Arab countries forgot about it 

(sarcasm)

Well whats happening there has been going on for years and Israel is involved so of course others forget about it

The abyss stares back

TAIPEI

celebrities could sing the song for cheering and comforts people, but serve no useful purpose and help to ukraine's actual situation and problems, to be honest.

if she devotes something like born this way foundation or one world: together at home it would be really helpful, but dont force or push her, everything is up to her! she's kindness and devoted as much as she did.

ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃˢᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵍᵃʸ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ᵃᵈᵛⁱᶜᵉ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵃ ˢᵖʳᵃʸ ᵗᵃⁿ ᵒⁿ ʰᵒˡⁱᵈᵃʸ ⁱⁿ ᵀᵃⁱᵖᵉⁱ

Archived