💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Movies that left you upset

LaLuna

Featured Posts

LaLuna

So last night I watched Open Water, there was nothing else to watch so I thought why the hell not. I had seen it before, but after watching it again I just felt so depressed for some reason. That movie is based on a true story and it's just horrifying to me that something like that could actually happen, being abandoned at sea, with absolutely no hope of someone coming to save you. After that I went to bed feeling really down and I regretted watching it :laughga:

The same happened after I watched Hereditary, that was hands down one of the most upsetting and depressing movies I've ever watched. That and Lars Von Trier's Dancer in the Dark. The kind of movie that makes you lose all faith in humanity :messga:

What movies left you feeling down or upset after viewing them?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reallydima

So sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Remember you're safe and that's probably not going to happen to you. I like to remind myself, sometimes, that I'll probably die having lived an unremarkable life. I do that as a way of putting up boundaries with fantasy.

Call Me By Your Name left me feeling displeased. I remember feeling a bunch of different emotions but I think that can be a sign of a good movie. I felt how the main character may have been feeling by the end of the movie. 

I loved Hereditary but I get it, it's creepy. 

ToxicHot

Call Me By Your Name left me so disappointed and unsatisfied. WOW. What an anticlimax… I was legitimately shocked at that ending. I remember thinking, “What? THAT’S IT???” when the damn credits rolled while Elliot was looking into that fire.

Not a bad movie, I liked the direction and essence of it, but that was definitely a bad ending… I just hate the fact that the 2 main characters went through so much together just for them to…..end up the way they did. :saladga: Maybe it’s also the fact that the ending was just……too realistic? It left me feeling hopeless and depressed. :selena:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

LaLuna

10 minutes ago, reallydima said:

So sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Remember you're safe and that's probably not going to happen to you. I like to remind myself, sometimes, that I'll probably die having lived an unremarkable life. I do that as a way of putting up boundaries with fantasy.

Call Me By Your Name left me feeling displeased. I remember feeling a bunch of different emotions but I think that can be a sign of a good movie. I felt how the main character may have been feeling by the end of the movie. 

I loved Hereditary but I get it, it's creepy. 

Meh I'm just hypersensitive and my emotions are all over the place lately so it doesn't take much to upset me :laughga:

6 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Call Me By Your Name left me so disappointed and unsatisfied. WOW. What an anticlimax… I was legitimately shocked at that ending. I remember thinking, “What? THAT’S IT???” when the damn credits rolled while Elliot was looking into that fire.

Not a bad movie, I liked the direction and essence of it, but that was definitely a bad ending… I just hate the fact that the 2 main characters went through so much together just for them to…..end up the way they did. :saladga: Maybe it’s also the fact that the ending was just……too realistic? It left me feeling hopeless and depressed. :selena:

I haven't seen Call Me By Your Name but now I'm not sure I want to... I hate anticlimatic and unsatisfying endings :triggered:

Rahrahbitchson

I always hate the scene from The Help when Viola walks away letting that poor baby crying :interestinga:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

The Fame

Literally any movie where an animal dies. Couldn't care less if a human dies (in the movie) but an animal? Nope. :saladga:

StrawberryBlond

Bicentennial Man and My Dog Skip left me so depressed as a child. Hachi: A Dog's Tale brought me to reluctant tears and I didn't even watch the whole thing, just the last 15 minutes when I came downstairs to find my mum watching it on tv one day. Girl, Interrupted was one of the first truly moving films that I watched as an adult. Riding In Cars With Boys is one of my favourite films of all time but it's such a depressing depiction of reality. And the 1997 remake of Lolita left me in an emotional daze for ages afterwards and I only need to hear the score's theme for my eyes to start misting over.

Anderson123
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Bicentennial Man and My Dog Skip left me so depressed as a child. Hachi: A Dog's Tale brought me to reluctant tears and I didn't even watch the whole thing, just the last 15 minutes when I came downstairs to find my mum watching it on tv one day. Girl, Interrupted was one of the first truly moving films that I watched as an adult. Riding In Cars With Boys is one of my favourite films of all time but it's such a depressing depiction of reality. And the 1997 remake of Lolita left me in an emotional daze for ages afterwards and I only need to hear the score's theme for my eyes to start misting over.

Bicentennial Man is such a journey omg. I haven't seen it in so long but I love it.

Serial Chiller

I'm also upset by Hereditary but because to me it felt like a cheesy cop out to blame everything on a demon. :bear:

Robo Ga

Manchester by the Sea… one of most depressing movies of all time. It was simply devastating I genuinely felt depressed after watching.

Also now that I remember it, Joker. The scene where he commits his first violent act on the subway was so visceral and disturbing to me, it just had me thinking about the reality of gun violence and left me severely unsettled.

🤖⚡️

Franch Toast

Mother! and Hereditary disturbed me greatly. 

She/Her/Hers

PartySick

Fire In the Sky remains the only movie that's scared the sh*t out of me and I refuse to watch it again :bear:

Even thinking about it gives me nightmares :messga:

🖤

LaLuna
50 minutes ago, The Fame said:

Literally any movie where an animal dies. Couldn't care less if a human dies (in the movie) but an animal? Nope. :saladga:

OMG same :messga:

Archived