Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Movies that left you upset

LaLuna

Featured Posts

Flippy
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

I haven't seen it in a long, long time so I've (thankfully) forgotten a lot of the plot but it's the supposed real story of a man who went missing for days. He had no memory of the time he was missing until later on when he remembered being abducted by aliens :messga:

And the scenes with the aliens are just :messga:

Like, body horror and psychological horror. Idek, it just seriously freaked me out as a kid and the thought of watching it again freaks me out now :messga:

But other alien abduction films don't bother me, oddly enough. Like The Fourth Kind was really cool :bradley:

Omg Alien movies freak me out… :bradley: Can’t wait to watch this one! 
Thank you! :hug:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
1 minute ago, Flippy said:

Omg Alien movies freak me out… :bradley: Can’t wait to watch this one! 
Thank you! :hug:

Watch you be bored by it or something :ladyhaha:

🖤

jacs vs looser
15 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

Eden Lake

Thank you! I was wondering if anyone would mention it. What a horrible, horrible ending that was (in the traumatizing sense). 

Flippy
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Watch you be bored by it or something :ladyhaha:

I will for sure get back to you on that actually :laughga:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

PartySick
1 minute ago, Flippy said:

I will for sure get back to you on that actually :laughga:

Can't wait for the "this scarred you as a kid? :ladyhaha:" conversation :laughga:

🖤

StrawberryBlond
22 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Bicentennial Man is such a journey omg. I haven't seen it in so long but I love it.

Looking back at the trailer, they tried to sell it as a comedy movie and I have no idea why. This wasn't what I felt I was watching! I think it was just a different time for movies, though, when family movies had to at least appear to be super whimsical, even if they had hard-hitting issues in them. Just watched the ending again - it's even more emotional than I remember first time around.

Anderson123
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Looking back at the trailer, they tried to sell it as a comedy movie and I have no idea why. This wasn't what I felt I was watching! I think it was just a different time for movies, though, when family movies had to at least appear to be super whimsical, even if they had hard-hitting issues in them. Just watched the ending again - it's even more emotional than I remember first time around.

Yeah I think that was a time rom comedies and just comedies in general were the blockbusters of cinema so they were trying to at least have some impact in their story. I also remember watching Adam Sandler's Click and that was supposed to be a comedy too but damn I cried, it had some pretty depressing stuff going on.

godnhat
10 hours ago, LaLuna said:

OMG, I remember that documentary. I know exactly what you mean, I felt like crying and punching someone in the face at the same time. It definitely shook me to my core.

I remember I watched it on MSNBC and it absolutely ruined my night. I think I was set to go out later that night...and I just couldn't.

Future Lovers

Schindler's List made me sob uncontrollably for hours. I don't know how Spielberg stood to make it, I really don't. 

Levine

The Tv series Them, I don't know if y'all watched it  but I couldn't finishing it. It was too painful to me to watch.

Bicentenar Man too, it makes me sad, it makes me cry and it left me with this sadden for many hours so I avoid to watch it again.

What Dreams May Come always with Robin Williams

I've mentioned this before:

MV5BMjE5NDk3MTQyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIz

Seriously don't watch this. Also:

cf2f14a60c1f760b1c1d4ff7384616a3_600a392

Ugh, gotta go wash my brain now.

Suspiria

Under The Skin as a whole isn't upsetting, but the scene where the baby is left on the beach alone after his parents drown is horrendous.

CatelynnMarie

American Beauty made me feel disgusted & anxious.

Bicentennial Man is just a roller coaster entirely, amazing amazing movie love it though, no matter how much it emotionally destroys me. 

MISERY is an absolute NO from me like it terrified the s**t out of me I could never watch it ever again. Kathy Bates is my fave actor though (alongside Jamie Lee Curtis - not in this film).

Primal Fear was so unsettling, it left me with panic attacks.

A Walk to Remember, while it being one of my faves (also imo better than The Notebook - there was like a weird vs battle with each amongst peers and places from what I could see. I just though Walk was the better film), it emotionally destroys me. If you need/ want to cry & possibly be set in a form of depression, that’s the film to watch. 

Because of Winn-Dixie & My Dog Skip left me absolutely hysterically crying and emotionally damaged. My Dog Skip, my best friend & I actually set off her mom’s car alarm because of how loud we were sobbing and the location we were at the end. 

Not a movie, but there are multiple episodes of Black Mirror I cannot re-watch because they were so disturbing, terrifying, paranoia inducing. Episode list: The National Anthem, The Entire History of You, Be Right Back, & Black Museum (this one, the overarching story is incredible, but there were so many scary/ disturbing scenes for me that it’s the one I’m most scared to watch again).

Also not a movie, but Thirteen Reasons Why. That entire show traumatized me so bad and sent me into many severe PTSD attacks where I was almost hospitalized.

Thirteen at the time of me watching it was entirely horrifying. I haven’t seen it since, but I remember feeling so scared, uncomfortable.

M10:28 was this weird “film” of sorts I was showed at 11/12 years old while in this extremely horrific Christian school I had to attend. It was absolutely HORRIFYING at the time and even now. 

The Strangers made my paranoia worse, I just couldn’t handle it and haven’t seen it again.

Get Out absolutely horrified and disturbed me in such a way I could not describe. The film itself is amazing, probably one of the best thriller/ horrors, it just shook me, made me scared, and sick to my stomach at what was happening.

Midsommar, but for specific reasons. It’s actually one of my fave films and I do watch this quite often (relate WAY too much to Dani & was also in a similar type of relationship at the time. Love her story entirely), but must skip THAT scene towards the end. I also have a difficult time watching the beginning with THAT scene as well. 

Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my fave films of all time, but is so emotionally upsetting in SO many different aspects. I do watch this one still, it just is extremely emotional.

* these are off the top of my head. There are definitely more which I’ll add if I remember

i don't know why but Call Me By Your Name left me really upset

you're on your own kid, yeah you can face this!

pop a 911
On 6/26/2022 at 7:28 PM, PartySick said:

Fire In the Sky remains the only movie that's scared the sh*t out of me and I refuse to watch it again :bear:

Even thinking about it gives me nightmares :messga:

The real man who this happened to, lives down the road from me

i’m not real, i’m theatre

Archived