đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Movies that left you upset

LaLuna

Featured Posts

Siena

1. Lovely Bones was such a good movie but I didn't read the book before, so I didn't know that she never reached complete justice and it's just such a sad movie/book. 

2. Mother! was absolutely chaotic and I almost walked out of the theater, and I have no desire to watch it again.

3. Joker took me forever to get through, but mainly the first half. It was just so depressing that I kept having to pause it every 20 min or so and do something else. That said it's an amazing movie, and I am going to watch it in one sitting sometime soon w the new Joker II rumors. 

4. Gran Torino is super depressing and sadly very accurate to what low income families go through. I watched it with my dad a few times years ago when I wasn't even a teenager and I just remember how sad the ending was for me. Now that I'm almost 23 I need to watch it again. 

5. Midsommer but not bc of the later scenes. I love horror movies and physiological thrillers and the main part of the film didn't bother me. It's the opening that disturbed me the most because something similar happened to my own family years ago. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon

Maleficent (2014), that movie pissed me off. I still don't like it.

The Animatrix (2003), Not bad at all, but I found it very disturbing.

The Village (2004), I have to admit that it was quite genious, but I was also disapointed when I first watched it.

Er Ist Wieder Da (2015), I can understand why people thought it was good, but it annoyed me a lot at certain moments. I probably never watch it again.

The Last Airbender (2010), for obvious reasons. Can't watch it again.

pachinko

Logan. 

I can never watch that movie again. But for good reason. So emotionally tragic. I left heartbroken. 

Mocchi
18 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

Call Me By Your Name left me so disappointed and unsatisfied. WOW. What an anticlimax… I was legitimately shocked at that ending. I remember thinking, “What? THAT’S IT???” when the damn credits rolled while Elliot was looking into that fire.

Not a bad movie, I liked the direction and essence of it, but that was definitely a bad ending… I just hate the fact that the 2 main characters went through so much together just for them to…..end up the way they did. :saladga: Maybe it’s also the fact that the ending was just……too realistic? It left me feeling hopeless and depressed. :selena:

I will never understand why Call Me By Your Name became such a gay anthem cause it was so bland and cliche to me... I guess Timothee was one of the reasons it became so popular :billie:

If you wanna see a good gay movie check on God's own country.

Back on topic, to me it's the japanese One liter of tears. That was so realistically sad that left me depressed for a while. The movie is sad but the series are just a tear factory

Oriane

Darren Aronofsky's movies really do something on me, but in a good way. They totally shake me and I get out of the movie thinking "wow, THAT'S what I want to feel when I'm watching a movie". Black Swan had such an effect on me that I got obsessed with it for months, I couldn't stop thinking about it and trying to analyze everything. It's still my favorite movie and the reason why I wanted to get into cinema.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Not The Real Gaga
3 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Why? Because of the ending? I have a friend who said she'll never watch again because the ending hit too close to home for her, what happens to Jackson is one of her biggest fears.

Yeah, it's the same for me, unfortunately. 

I knew that ending was coming, but it was too real for me. 

And that's all because the great performances and filmmaking of everybody involved, so it's a compliment in some way.

godnhat

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father will punch you in the guts multiple times. 

I never been so sad and so mad at the same time. 

godnhat
12 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Cannibal Holocaust because of the cruelty (both animal and human) 

Audition by Takashi Miike: watch it and you'll know why 

Audition has zero replay value I swear. It's truly the one movie that still ****s me up just to think about 

Oriane
4 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Why? Because of the ending? I have a friend who said she'll never watch again because the ending hit too close to home for her, what happens to Jackson is one of her biggest fears.

Yes I have a friend who knows someone whose dad did the same thing a few months before the movie was out, her mom went to see the movie and it felt really weird and they advised his wife and children not to see it... That must be really sad when you know the person.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

LaLuna
13 minutes ago, godnhat said:

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father will punch you in the guts multiple times. 

I never been so sad and so mad at the same time. 

OMG, I remember that documentary. I know exactly what you mean, I felt like crying and punching someone in the face at the same time. It definitely shook me to my core.

PartySick
5 hours ago, Flippy said:

Tell me about it? :popcorn:

I haven't seen it in a long, long time so I've (thankfully) forgotten a lot of the plot but it's the supposed real story of a man who went missing for days. He had no memory of the time he was missing until later on when he remembered being abducted by aliens :messga:

And the scenes with the aliens are just :messga:

Like, body horror and psychological horror. Idek, it just seriously freaked me out as a kid and the thought of watching it again freaks me out now :messga:

But other alien abduction films don't bother me, oddly enough. Like The Fourth Kind was really cool :bradley:

đź–¤

River

The Lion King

I hated to see Scar die

The original of course

The new one pissed me off since the first frame

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

TimotheeChalamet
52 minutes ago, godnhat said:

Audition has zero replay value I swear. It's truly the one movie that still ****s me up just to think about 

Definitely. But somehow I still manage to rewatch it from time to time

Archived