💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Elvis Biopic: Gaga Biopic Catalyst

Frivolero

Featured Posts

Frivolero

DON'T WORRY, THERE ARE NO ELVIS BIOPIC SPOILERS HERE FOR HIS NEW MOVIE:heart: 

AND DO TAKE TIME TO READ MY THOUGHTS BELOW FOR A POTENTIAL GAGA BIOPIC (IN SAY YEARS DOWN THE ROAD), CATALYSED BY THE NEW ELVIS BIOPIC. :heart: 

Taking Care Of Business Xoxo GIF by Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis Movie

When I was seeing Elvis Presley's biopic, I did at times envision a version with Gaga, or a Gaga biopic, within all of it. I'll come back to this point. 

Having recently seen the biopic for Elvis, or as madonna affirms biopics to be: visual autobiographies, I was in shock as to how amazing the portrayal of Elvis in the movie was. Personally as someone young, I have never really listened to any of Presleys' songs, but I definitely have come across "can't help falling in love" once either on the radio or in a movie - I think that movie was Bladerunner 2049. Anyways, I was amazed as to how the movie made me want to uncover more of his songs and his past, once it  did end. The soundtrack and revision to his past and arguably to his lower music quality on Spotify (in the sense that his music was recorded with older technologies), added definition to his sound and image in the movie. I can't believe how amazing Austin Butler was, and the movie is 100% a must see at your local complex!!! Also yes I think though biopics have tendencies to sugarcoat the uglies or cruelties of a star's career, I think that they did, well briefly but aptly, bring up Presley's flaws with Priscilla at least. 

Now, to transition back to Gaga, did you know that Elvis the movie actually talks about A Star Is Born? I didn't know Elvis Presley was in the running for the male lead for Barbara's Streisand's rendition of the movie. No spoilers on what happened with that of course, and anyways, I think the reason as to why I saw Gaga as Elvis sometimes in the movie (besides of that A Star Is Born link haha), is that both of them went through very similar struggles in their careers as well. 

I think for a Gaga biopic, I already imagine her pretending to be her own manager, trying to get gigs, and trying to confuse her first ever manager so much to the point where he in real life quoted "she confused me so much that I just signed her". That would really excite audiences I feel, as they embark on a journey concurrently whilst she embarks on her journey to stardom. And the part whereby I find Elvis in her, actually pertains to Gaga's resisting disposition. I can already envision Gaga not listening to her superiors and managers in being "sexy" or "normal" for that matter, insofar as she would always "put an absurd twist on" whatever that she chose to wear on the streets and at award shows. If you were to see Elvis, you would also know how much he resisted what people told him - something I did not know about to be honest. 

A gaga biopic has strong material to display her rise as a star, and decay yes (ARTPOP), but also the recovery from it. The thing with a Presley biopic, is that he unfortunately passed at a very young age, and as with any early tragic passing of a star, many biopics quite often tend to glorify the deaths of these people at the expense of their successes or peaks. I think the new biopic for Marilyn Monroe titled 'blonde' will follow this route as well. Gaga's fall however can concern the general public turning their backs away from her during the ARTPOP era, the mismanagement and betrayal of her past manager (RELATES TO ELVIS). I think what is so majestic about this however is the fact that Gaga recovered and catapulted herself from this in a way that her contemporaries could not (Katy, Miley) through a star is born (wink wonk Elvis), Jazz and Joanne. Her explosion after her fall could underscore the glamours of her Super Bowl performance of course her Oscar win. 

Lastly, I think that a gaga biopic would NEED to talk about the impact born this way had. I would also like to add that the soundtrack of the new Elvis biopic is literally amazing, can you imagine the revision to Gaga's songs? With future technology of recording higher definition music? Unreal. 

While I think a Gaga biopic will not materialise right now, and rightfully so, Gaga is likely to hold longevity within the next 10 years or 20 years, which could provide opportunities for a Gaga biopic. 

Thanks for reading:flutter:

Questions for ya'll: 

- What did you think of Elvis Presley's portrayal in the new movie? Austin Butler's Oscar chances? 

- Did you see Gaga in him as did I through the lens of a modern consumer of pop/ rock culture?

- What would you like to see in a Gaga biopic? 

- What are some flaws there are of say Gaga that you think a Gaga biopic would need to address? 

AURAOFSHEISSE

This just has me hyped for Gaga’s biopic in 30 years:tony:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

• Frivolero changed the title to Elvis Biopic: Gaga Biopic Catalyst
Future Lovers
36 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

DON'T WORRY, THERE ARE NO ELVIS BIOPIC SPOILERS HERE FOR HIS NEW MOVIE:heart: 

I know what you mean and appreciate the warning but I'm screaming a bit at the idea of anything in a movie about the life of a man who died 45 years ago being a spoiler

Frivolero
7 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

I know what you mean and appreciate the warning but I'm screaming a bit at the idea of anything in a movie about the life of a man who died 45 years ago being a spoiler

:huntyga: I think perhaps the potrayal and cherry picking of real life events to fit into a biopic could be a spoiler to some. Just wanted to play safe :vegas:

Future Lovers
Just now, Frivolero said:

:huntyga: I think perhaps the potrayal and cherry picking of real life events to fit into a biopic could be a spoiler to some. Just wanted to play safe :vegas:

No no I totally get it and appreciate it! It just made me laugh! 

Dr Fudge

Saw the movie tonight and Austin Butler killed it! Totally Oscar worthy performance if you ask me. I also thought about what a Gaga biopic might look like. To recreate the enormity of her fame will surely be challenging though. Hopefully when that day comes it’s a passion project that is well directed and captures the essence of Ga to the T.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

PussOfYonce

1-. i dont think anything about Elvis, he's a despicable man that stole from black people and black culture :enigma:

2-. haven't seen the movie, and i dont plan on seeing it

3-. Hmmmm id definitely like to see her rise but i think what would be interesting to see was how she felt during the born this way and ARTPOP eras, that was very painful for gaga but itd translate very well i think if handled properly.

4-. no idea tbh. ok not a flaw at all but something that would be a bit worrying to see how they address it is her SA.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

Frivolero
22 minutes ago, PussOfYonce said:

1-. i dont think anything about Elvis, he's a despicable man that stole from black people and black culture :enigma:

2-. haven't seen the movie, and i dont plan on seeing it

3-. Hmmmm id definitely like to see her rise but i think what would be interesting to see was how she felt during the born this way and ARTPOP eras, that was very painful for gaga but itd translate very well i think if handled properly.

4-. no idea tbh. ok not a flaw at all but something that would be a bit worrying to see how they address it is her SA.

Hi!! I think for the first point, part of the movie's problem is that though they represent his roots originating from black people, with actually STRONG representation for the black artists and performances at bars he went to within the movie *yes the performances they served were iconic*, the movie fails to address the nuance of "celebrating" or "stealing" from black culture. Of course the movie can differ from reality. However if you are worried that perhaps the movie doesn't do black culture its justice, they do it thoroughly. Yet the movie does not go the extra length to explore the duality of celebrating and/ or much as stealing - though I think early on he wanted to record other people's music, including a white act's song [can't remember] at the start. I think the movie also shows him being more comfortable with black people than white people/ white managers/ white governments that did not want coloured people to mix with white folks, sad. This may prompt you to see the movie at least:huntyga:

PussOfYonce
2 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

Hi!! I think for the first point, I do see it as a valid discourse that many have. I think part of the movie's problem is that though they represent his roots originating from black people, with actually STRONG representation for the black artists and performances at bars he went to within the movie *yes the performances they served were iconic*, the movie fails to address the nuance of "celebrating" or "stealing" from black culture. Of course the movie can differ from reality. However if you are worried that perhaps the movie doesn't do black culture its justice, they do it thoroughly. Yet the movie does not go the extra length to explore the duality of celebrating and/ or much as stealing - though I think early on he wanted to record other people's music, including a white act's song [can't remember] at the start. I think the movie also shows him being more comfortable with black people than white people/ white managers/ white governments that did not want coloured people to mix with white folks, sad. This may prompt you to see the movie at least:huntyga:

eh im still iffy about so ill ask around a bit but for now my stance is unchanged :enigma:

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

AshIey

I feel like Gaga wouldn’t want there to be a biopic about her, there would be too many traumatic experiences to relive. So it would probably happen when she’s not around anymore and that thought makes me sad :ohno:

Stephen

I don't think Gaga's hypothetical biopic would focus on the media/audience turning against her tbh. I don't think it will be as relevant to her life story in the grand scheme of things.

If they do cover that era I see it more focusing on the hip break and the darkness she went through losing friends during that time.

But really the draw of a Lady Gaga biopic would be her incredible rise to fame. 

bluemonkey
1 hour ago, AshIey said:

I feel like Gaga wouldn’t want there to be a biopic about her, there would be too many traumatic experiences to relive. So it would probably happen when she’s not around anymore and that thought makes me sad :ohno:

It’s what’s happened to Britney, she’s against the movies and documentaries made about her due to that.

5 hours ago, Frivolero said:

What did you think of Elvis Presley's portrayal in the new movie? Austin Butler's Oscar chances? 

Beautiful. I been a fan since 2016 when I had severe OCD and his voice helped me so much to heal and I always knew his story, read books but to see like that in a movie that is dizzying, hazy, kinda like a fever dream with the most beautiful raw emotional performances, it was nothing short of stunning. It was truly a piece of art. Austin deserves an oscar, he got lost in the role, where did Austin begin and Elvis end? It was like they both colluded into one single performance. Wow. All I can say is wow.

Did you see Gaga in him as did I through the lens of a modern consumer of pop/ rock culture?

I mostly saw Michael Jackson. I don’t think Gaga has the fame that MJ and Elvis had which were monumental, and too big and powerful for just one person. They both shared a pressure to live up to an image, to keep their employees afloat, to perform a lot, and so here comes a doctor to give a quick fix. They both share deep loneliness after losing people they love or losing themselves. Success getting too much like a whirlwind where they had no control and when it’s up they go down, but really down to the abyss. I don’t think Gaga compares but she’s close. 

What would you like to see in a Gaga biopic? 

Her beginning, her drive at the beginning is the most interesting in my opinion. If they could show the obstacles and what really drove her to be a star. And then how she felt after being a star, was it worth it? Was it what she thought it would be?

4 hours ago, PussOfYonce said:

Oh please. Elvis grew up in a black neighborhood he was insanely poor, not just poor but deep poverty. He was just a small kid who made friends with people in his area which were mostly black boys. They’d go to church where they’d sing a lot of gospels, and during segregation they didn’t care they’d let this white kid in who would listen to music and dance and that’s when his love for gospel started. Blues and rnb. Is it his fault if he grew up with it? And is it his fault if he sings the songs it sells better? This generation hates nuance it’s either black or white. Elvis always said im not a « King ». The King is BB King or FatsDomino he always said it, always gave credit to Little Richard or Jackie Wilson which were his heroes. And they all loved him back 

Archived