💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Lilo & Stitch Director Was 'Frustrated' by Frozen's Praise for Its Sisterho

Starmie25

Featured Posts

Starmie25

The 2000s were a rough time for hand-drawn Disney animation. They were getting stumped hard by CGI pieces from PIXAR and Dreamworks.

Unfortunately many 2D gems like Lilo and Stitch, Emperors New Groove, Atlantis etc went under the radar for years.

All the comparisons aside happy 20 years to L&S!! This movie and ENG was my childhood and both still hold up today as stunning movies, especially Lilo and Stitch.  đŸŒŒ

lilo and stitch GIF

River

Nani was more a mother figure so the sisterhood was very vague there in the movie, especially for kids, while in Frozen it's the biggest part of the story.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

CautiousLurker

As he should be, the relationship between Nani and Lilo is one of the best and most genuine portrayals of a familial relationship in a Disney animated movie - Chris Sanders is severely underrated imo :crossed:

CautiousLurker
41 minutes ago, River said:

Nani was more a mother figure so the sisterhood was very vague there in the movie, especially for kids, while in Frozen it's the biggest part of the story.

That's not what Chris was really commenting on, his quote:

“To be clear, I think Frozen’s great,” Sanders tells The New York Times as part of a 20th-anniversary retrospective on Lilo & Stitch. “But it was a little bit frustrating for me because people were like, ‘Finally, a nonromantic relationship with these two girls,’ and I thought, ‘We did that! That has absolutely been done before.’”

Ziggy

and he made a better movie ngl
L&S did not get enough praise at the time for all it packed into its layers. It’s got heart, drama, humor, adventure, and above all imo *finesse*

Oriane

On that subject, it's sad that Disney has given up on traditional animation to keep up with the trends.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Starmie25
9 minutes ago, Oriane said:

On that subject, it's sad that Disney has given up on traditional animation to keep up with the trends.

Can't completely blame them for that decision. Many of their 2000s animated flicks underperformed at the box office.

Ororo Munroe

one of the best Disney movies ever tbh. 

no offense to Frozen, but Lilo & Stitch is superior. 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Staryu17 said:

Can't completely blame them for that decision. Many of their 2000s animated flicks underperformed at the box office.

Oh it makes sense and animation is expensive and digital is cheaper, but artistically it’s just a shame because the movies look a bit samey now imo. Like in the renaissance you could say ok Glen Keen did xyz movies because you knew his style. But now it feels like you know who did the movies because there’s a distinct lack of style and more like a reuse of a character model. Encanto pushes that a bit, thank god, but even the relative color palette of the films have similar saturations so the worlds feel less distinct and textured imo. The marker and pens and paints added depth to settings that I think computers either just can’t really achieve or Disney isn’t pushing them to

phantasmas
On 6/25/2022 at 5:26 AM, Ziggy said:

Oh it makes sense and animation is expensive and digital is cheaper, but artistically it’s just a shame because the movies look a bit samey now imo. Like in the renaissance you could say ok Glen Keen did xyz movies because you knew his style. But now it feels like you know who did the movies because there’s a distinct lack of style and more like a reuse of a character model. Encanto pushes that a bit, thank god, but even the relative color palette of the films have similar saturations so the worlds feel less distinct and textured imo. The marker and pens and paints added depth to settings that I think computers either just can’t really achieve or Disney isn’t pushing them to

animation is not that more expensive than digital

the thing is is that companies like Disney choose digital studios over hand drawn studios because many digital studios are outsourced and not unionized; this allows them to overwork and underpay digital studios 

it's why their Marvel movies are all done on green screen because they can have a CGI studio fill in the blanks instead of properly compensating background, set, and costume designers 

Neroneau

Whut 

first time I hear that Lilo & Stitch “went under the radar” 

Archived