💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sonic The Hedgehog Creator Confirms Michael Jackson Produced Music Sonic 3

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Sonic the Hedgehog creator Yuji Naka has today confirmed a long-running theory associated with Michael Jackson and the soundtrack behind 1994's Sonic the Hedgehog 3. For a period of multiple decades, rumors have run rampant about whether or not the "King of Pop" helped create the score in the third mainline installment in the Sonic franchise. And while many people who worked at Sega have never confirmed these theories outright, Naka now seems ready to verify that this urban legend was accurate. 

Taking to social media this morning, Naka spoke about the new remastered collection, Sonic Origins, that recently had been released by Sega. In doing so, he brought up the music found in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and verified that Michael Jackson himself helped work on the game's score. By comparison, the new version of Sonic 3 that is found in Sonic Origins has a soundtrack that has been rearranged, which is what prompted Naka to invoke Jackson's collaboration on the original version of the platformer. He then went on to share a picture that he took when visiting Jackson's home back in the 90s. 

Naka's confirmation today about Jackson being involved with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 doesn't necessarily come as a shock, but it does finally bring about some closure to this long-running rumor. In the past, other developers that worked on Sonic 3 claimed that Jackson had worked on the game in some capacity but later went uncredited for his work. 

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-michael-jackson-confirmed/

For those who interested:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Dr Fudge

Ngl I seriously thought some of the original tracks were BOPS back in the day. It finally makes sense. That’s some legend shhhh right there.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

LunaUniverse

This isn’t anything new aside from someone saying it without beating around the bus about it like Sega. One of the composers also admitted that MJ was involved in the process, but had issues with the sound chip quality 

1# Samoyed Stan

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, Dr Fudge said:

Ngl I seriously thought some of the original tracks were BOPS back in the day. It finally makes sense. That’s some legend shhhh right there.

True. Especially Ice Cap Zone theme for me :music:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

NATAH

gaga setting her eyes on video game soundtracks next

mother, what must i do?

Cello

wbk but nice of them to confirm it :pray:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Dr Fudge

So I guess my underlying question is of course, why? It seems like a pretty random collaboration, albeit pretty awesome. I’m a fan of MJ, but no where near stan level. Did he like video games?

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Cello
34 minutes ago, Dr Fudge said:

So I guess my underlying question is of course, why? It seems like a pretty random collaboration, albeit pretty awesome. I’m a fan of MJ, but no where near stan level. Did he like video games?

yeah he liked to play video games! there is even an MJ Sega game called Moonwalker based on his film of the same name

PartySick
1 minute ago, Cello said:

yeah he liked to play video games! there is even an MJ Sega game called Moonwalker based on his film of the same name

The sound effects from that game live rent free in my head :bear:

🖤

Cello
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

The sound effects from that game live rent free in my head :bear:

the way the MJ avatar moves tho :ladyhaha:

love how they incorporated his iconic dance poses into every damn step lol

PartySick
8 minutes ago, Cello said:

the way the MJ avatar moves tho :ladyhaha:

love how they incorporated his iconic dance poses into every damn step lol