Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robin S. thanks Beyoncé for ‘Giving Me My Flowers’ by sampling SML

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Ziggy
35 minutes ago, Eido said:

Gurl 

This is illegal but because it is Beyonce she isn't gonna say anything :triggered:

Ehhhh it may not be depending upon ownership of the song. I have high doubts Beyoncé’s team would illegally do that when it is a cornerstone of the track.

Before we jump to any conclusions, though, I think people *also need to look into whether or not other artists that have sampled this like Charli reached out to her. Something tells me it isn’t a Beyoncé thing exclusively

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

Robin S.: im happy and honored and i want to thank Beyonce and her team

Y'all: BEYONCE IS EVIL HOW DARE SHE!!!!!!

:laughga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Future Lovers
16 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Edit: and I hope she's getting her fair share of royalties 

She can’t get royalties from this since she isn’t a credited songwriter or a producer for the original track. Since they’re not using Robin’s voice, only the beat, royalties would go to the producers (who happen to also be the songwriters). She only sang on the track and had nothing to do with it otherwise (at least in terms of what was credited). 

Reginald
1 minute ago, Mr Mendes said:

She can’t get royalties from this since she isn’t a credited songwriter or a producer for the original track. Since they’re not using Robin’s voice, only the beat, royalties would go to the producers (who happen to also be the songwriters). She only sang on the track and had nothing to do with it otherwise (at least in terms of what was credited). 

:air: Oh wow, I hadn't even considered that 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

weed

I learn something new every day lol if Gaga had released an official cover of a Bowie song who's "yes" would she need approval from? a producer that's alive?

androiduser
33 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Edit: and I hope she's getting her fair share of royalties 

performers don't get paid, especially if their voice wasn't used... she didn't write or produce the song

androiduser
1 minute ago, weed said:

I learn something new every day lol if Gaga had released an official cover of a Bowie song who's "yes" would she need approval from? a producer that's alive?

covers are different from samples and they don't need a permission, that's why there are so many awful covers available. If no part of the original recording is used, no permission is required. The authors must be credited and they get all the royalties. I think permission is only needed to print the lyrics in the booklet, or something like that.

• Teletubby changed the title to Robin S. thanks Beyoncé for ‘Giving Me My Flowers’ by sampling SML
Chromatography
56 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Robin S.: im happy and honored and i want to thank Beyonce and her team

Y'all: BEYONCE IS EVIL HOW DARE SHE!!!!!!

:laughga:

this is not fair at all to say. how stupid would she have to be to denounce anything beyoncé does? 

1 hour ago, JLoveLamar said:

It isn't illegal. Robin is not credited as a songwriter. Beyoncé's record label reaches out to the writers of the song and they get the check and clear the sample. She is not using her voice. She is using the beat. 

Exactly this. And I’m still unsure if it is a direct sample of SML. I absolutely agree the productions sound similar, but I do think BMS is an original production expressly meant to evoke the same genre values (as SML is a near perfect example of sonic trends of 90’s house)

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

this is not fair at all to say. how stupid would she have to be to denounce anything beyoncé does? 

Why is it so hard so accept that an artist is genuinely happy and thankful that her track was used by another artist she loves lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BBhomemaker
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

people would be up in arms if someone sampled a gaga song without so much as a courtesy call. the pass beyoncé gets for just being beyoncé ick.

Gaga herself took the iconic Mamamama from Boney M ..everybody praised it and its still one of her biggest hit ever, we adore it

Pa-Pa-Pa- Paparazzi like i'm Lady Gaga - I like it - Cardi, J blavin, Bugs Bunny. 
Everybody here loved the reference 

Its easy to get stuck into stan culture where everyone is untouchable and pretentious, take a step back from those and you will discover how people actually appreciate others music. No need to fight. 

Chromatography
20 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Why is it so hard so accept that an artist is genuinely happy and thankful that her track was used by another artist she loves lmao

i don’t think it’s hard to accept, i just think there’s always another possibility, that’s all :shrug: you could be right, you probably are, and i hope you are, but that doesn’t make what i said untrue

Babel
45 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

It’s clear that these people first reaction is to imagine a scenario that allows them to hate on Beyoncé for no reason… first page of this thread is full of it 

RichAssPiss

Robin S. allegedly didn't even sing "Show Me Love." The writer/demo singer Andrea Martin says it was all her voice and others seem to confirm it. So this is funny as hell. 

Archived