Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robin S. thanks Beyoncé for ‘Giving Me My Flowers’ by sampling SML

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Robin S. found out about Beyoncé sampling 'Show Me Love' via social media.

The house music legend has claimed she wasn't contacted by the megastar's team to clear the sample of her 90s' megahit on 'Break My Soul'.

Speaking on 'Good Morning Britain', she said: “It doesn’t have to be confirmed. A singer knows her songs.

“My son called me and he’s like, ‘Mom, mom, you’re trending all over the place! Beyoncé put her song out and it’s ‘Show Me Love’ and you’re trending everywhere!”

However, she is honoured to be featured on a track with the former Destiny's Child star.

Asked if she'd like to collaborate with Beyoncé, she replied: “That’s always [the] dream.”

Robin added: “This message goes out to the Queen Bey - herself - Beyoncé, to Jay-Z, to the entire team. Thank you so much for giving me my flowers while I’m still alive.

“I am honoured and I’m excited to see what else can happen.”
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't surprise me at all, would've been a small kind gesture picking up your phone and notifying someone if your sampling their iconic hit

lauren conrad answer phone GIF by The Hills

PawsUpJago

Wow she was so gracious about this. What an ignorant thing to do from Bey and her team. 

This doesn't sit right with me at all, I guess I'm not sure if she's missing out on royalties from the instrumental sample (I'm a bit clueless on the technicalities?)

JLoveLamar
1 minute ago, Eido said:

Gurl 

This is illegal but because it is Beyonce she isn't gonna say anything :triggered:

It isn't illegal. Robin is not credited as a songwriter. Beyoncé's record label reaches out to the writers of the song and they get the check and clear the sample. She is not using her voice. She is using the beat. 

Helxig

They think because she's Beyonce and everyone loves her that they can take whatever they want :triggered:

Robin better at least be getting her royalties

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Gaga2645

The Beyonce hate is so ick and trying to mask it by implying she’s unkind is even bigger cringe lol

androiduser
1 minute ago, Eido said:

Gurl 

This is illegal but because it is Beyonce she isn't gonna say anything :triggered:

it's not illegal, GOD, you are throwing legals terms around like you're an expert.... the authors of the song were credited: Allen George and Fred McFarlane... McFarlane died a few years ago so the credit was probably cleared with his family. Robin S didn't write the song so there was nothing to clear with her.

Chromatography
3 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

The Beyonce hate is so ick and trying to mask it by implying she’s unkind is even bigger cringe lol

people would be up in arms if someone sampled a gaga song without so much as a courtesy call. the pass beyoncé gets for just being beyoncé ick.

androiduser
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

They think because she's Beyonce and everyone loves her that they can take whatever they want :triggered:

Robin better at least be getting her royalties

Robin isn't getting anything because she didn't write or produce the song and her voice wasn't used...

androiduser
3 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

Y'all don't know how samples work, and it shows. 

They just hear "Beyonce" and all logic and reason is thrown out the window....

Reginald

This gives me conflicted emotions, I'm glad she's happy, though. Show Me Love is one of the genre's timeless classics 

Edit: and I hope she's getting her fair share of royalties 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

NATAH

kinda shady, you'd for sure want to let the main arist know regardless of their credits just from a moral point of view. she may have no legal power but it's also her song she worked on and would appreciate knowing

mother, what must i do?

Helxig
20 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Robin isn't getting anything because she didn't write or produce the song and her voice wasn't used...

Oh I didn't realise that. The way the article is written it sounds like it was her song that they used without letting her know prior.

34 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

claimed she wasn't contacted by the megastar's team to clear the sample of her 90s' megahit on 'Break My Soul'.

34 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

A singer knows her songs.

Unless we already knew off the top of our heads exactly who had what credits and blah blah blah then how were we to know

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Teletubby changed the title to Robin S. thanks Beyoncé for ‘Giving Me My Flowers’ by sampling SML

Archived