Teletubby

Featured Posts

salty like sodium
2 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Global: #5 — 5,145,450 streams
US: #2 —  1,990,829 streams 
UK: #3 — 550,357 streams
Brazil: #1 — 688,000 streams

Do we have any comparison to other big songs of the year to know exactly what those numbers look like for first-day streams?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose P
37 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I know y’all aren’t downplaying this song’s streams. Are we forgetting Stupid Love?

LMs getting brave when Gaga’s last hit was a collaboration with a far more popular newer artist.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

I know y’all aren’t downplaying this song’s streams. Are we forgetting Stupid Love?

I'm not downplaying it, but...the streams aren't actually that far off from SL's debut.

I love both. I also think the industry is incredibly ageist and "older" artists tend to do far worse in streaming services. It's fun to look at charts sometimes, but I think fans are better off just enjoying the music and accepting the 25 and unders are the ones who mostly dominate streaming with a few exceptions.... even if someone like Bey (or Gaga) is a much bigger, more critically acclaimed artist and an icon.

LilyLark
3 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

It got around 550-600K more streams than SL. Looks like The two aren’t that far apart in popularity. 
Solid debut for someone in their forties. We all know how sexist/ageist the music industry can be. 

Genuinely wild and kind of sad that the streaming services/radio will often playlist/play younger artists more even if iconic artists (or fairly well known artists) drop songs. It's always been ageist, but it feels even more so nowadays. A good example is Florence, who kind of has cult status but isn't huge....and yet her songs have been in popular TV shows, movies, etc. You think she would have been playlisted more, but she was barely featured on the streaming services when she dropped...and far less known artists were featured more than her.

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

LMs getting brave when Gaga’s last hit was a collaboration with a far more popular newer artist.

1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

The way some of y’all JUMP at the chance to put Gaga down just to uplift your other faves :enigma: I love this site lol 

Jose P
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

The way some of y’all JUMP at the chance to put Gaga down just to uplift your other faves :enigma: I love this site lol 

I personally don’t care about streams and chart positions that much, if at all really. It’s just funny to me that’s all, the irony 

NATAH
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

gaga also had a monster hit with someone in his late 40s with no musical history :samanthac:

the majority of beyonce's no.1s are also collaborations :samanthac:

now what? :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, Jose P said:

I personally don’t care about streams and chart positions that much, if at all really. It’s just funny to me that’s all, the irony 

I mean, the true irony is some of y'all putting Bey down and some of y'all putting Gaga down when...the streams are fairly similar (Stupid Love and Break my Soul). Better to just enjoy the music, and realize streaming is generally very weak for most of the artists who debuted pre 2012-ish (of course, there are exceptions for some songs and some artists).  Not to mention ageism plays into playlisting at streaming services...

Big Freedia carried the song imo

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Micmaky
4 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

It got around 550-600K more streams than SL. Looks like The two aren’t that far apart in popularity. 
Solid debut for someone in their forties. We all know how sexist/ageist the music industry can be. 

Actually SL had close to 6 million streams but they used to reduce the streams a lot more than they do now. Also SL was leaked 4 weeks prior and most fans were already fed up of the song by the time it was released. Number of subscribers have increased substantially since SL. So we shouldn’t underplay how well SL did. It didn’t connect but it did a decent first day. 

robbiemalik

I wish she shadow dropped it on Friday with a sickening music video, word of mouth along with TikTok would’ve been a smash hit. Hopefully the music video is coming.

HausOfAntonio
3 hours ago, Jose P said:

Animated GIF

jimmytimestep
3 hours ago, Jose P said:

Ma'am, this is GAGA DAILY.

did you get confused thinking this was a post on BreatheHeavy or ATRL?

Galagala
7 hours ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Not on the grammys baby, we already know queen BEY has those grammys locked. Good luck next time

giphy-7.gif

Don't know the album but Break My Soul is 100% not winning any Grammys lol. It might even not be nominated. 

Archived