EGOT2027

Featured Posts

littlepotter
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

So people will just buy other vapes :poot:

why aren’t cigarettes banned after decades of research and awareness 

49 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Same as alcohol and opiods. Money :samanthac:

That's not just it. I used to believe in banning these substances but history has shown that banning things like this just makes it harder for people to acquire them, makes an illegal black market, makes it easier to sell expired and dangerous unregulated substances on such markets, and creates unnecessary problems. Just look at the prohibition era in the US. It just never works. Same way banning abortions just makes abortions unsafe, it doesn't eliminate them.

mercurial era
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PartySick

• NATAH

• holy scheisse

• Economy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should put more focus on the guns there. 

Same as alcohol and opiods. Money 

i don’t have a sub to pull the full article but  

2 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Money

1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Why ban something that doesn't really harm others and only the individuals that partake? Wouldn't a better solution be to just educate people and allow them to make an informed decision?

I mean there are decades of research showing that second hand smoke kills people, it doesn’t just affect the people who choose to partake. That’s the science.

bring on that pecan pie
  • Like 1
PartySick
2 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Well, menthol cigarettes are being banned pretty soon. That's expected to cut down drastically on smoking in underaged people and POC (who largely smoke menthols).

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha puta-a-a puta-a-a
PartySick
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

That's not just it. I used to believe in banning these substances but history has shown that banning things like this just makes it harder for people to acquire them, makes an illegal black market, makes it easier to sell expired and dangerous unregulated substances on such markets, and creates unnecessary problems. Just look at the prohibition era in the US. It just never works. Same way banning abortions just makes abortions unsafe, it doesn't eliminate them.

Well, with the cigarette bans that are coming the only thing being banned is the retail sale of menthol cigarettes and cigars (and eventually all cigarettes? Maybe).

Possession and use of them won't be illegal.

So it's like...retail prohibition rather than real prohibition. I've always personally felt the worst thing about banning substances is how less well off people are sent to prison for ridiculous sentences (see any weed related arrest in the US). A ban on selling the products doesn't have that issue.

....it does have the "black market" concern but really, I think most people would just quit :laughga:

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I don’t believe in banning either cigs or vapes! I admire countries like portugal that decriminalize all drug use because addictions should be treated with rehabilitation rather than punishment. 

I agree— banning vapes or cigs or anything altogether just creates the space for unregulated products with even more harmful ingredients in them 

1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I've always personally felt the worst thing about banning substances is how less well off people are sent to prison for ridiculous sentences

I agree with this it directly impacts lower SES people disproportionately 

3 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Why ban something that doesn't really harm others and only the individuals that partake? Wouldn't a better solution be to just educate people and allow them to make an informed decision?

Exept they do affect everyone else indirectly because of societies medical costs, things like potential disability benefits, lost economic productivity etc

It's not totally irrelevant to others

Plus u can harm a family? What if u get sick way before ur time cuz of bad habits and it results in a child getting a poorer quality of upbringing?

Stuff to think about

1 hour ago, Togekiss said:

I mean there are decades of research showing that second hand smoke kills people, it doesn’t just affect the people who choose to partake. That’s the science.

Plus what I mentioned above ∆∆∆

1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Well, menthol cigarettes are being banned pretty soon. That's expected to cut down drastically on smoking in underaged people and POC (who largely smoke menthols).

i miss those so much :giveup:

mother, what must i do?
PartySick
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

i miss those so much :giveup:

That's what I smoked for all of a week :laughga:

I just couldn't get into it tbh. I never understood the appeal. That dirt taste in the back of your throat from cigs? Mary, it takes so long to go away :messga:

There are better ways to relax :messga:

1 minute ago, PartySick said:

That's what I smoked for all of a week :laughga:

I just couldn't get into it tbh. I never understood the appeal. That dirt taste in the back of your throat from cigs? Mary, it takes so long to go away :messga:

There are better ways to relax :messga:

i like how light headed it makes me :ally:

but i'm not a proper smoker, maybe 10 a year at most

it's only when i drink (which is never) or chilling in the sun with friends (which is never) :ally:

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 1
PartySick
Just now, NATAH said:

i like how light headed it makes me :ally:

but i'm not a proper smoker, maybe 10 a year at most

it's only when i drink (which is never) or chilling in the sun with friends (which is never) :ally:

So you smoke like I drink then :ladyhaha:

• YAAAS 1