Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga on Renaissance?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a [probably delusional] thread on this yet, but GagaDaily recently posted on their Instagram story this clip from Gaga’s VMAs 2020 acceptance speech at around the 2 minute mark where she says: 

“I know a renaissance is coming and the wrath of pop culture will inspire you and the rage of art will empower you as it responds to hardship with its generosity and love. This is what I believe, I want nothing more than to be your artist in 2020.”

It’s kind of long in the tooth and convoluted, but using the word renaissance here seems very choice and specific. This was her acceptance speech for the TriCon award, so I’m sure she put a lot of thought into it. Given that Beyoncé is putting out an album that is comprised of “music that will unite so many on the dance floor, music that touches your soul”, it’s taken over two years to create, and she’s worked with Gaga twice already, featuring Gaga doesn’t seem unbelievable. The timeline and music genre check out, and Gaga generally hides Easter eggs in plain sight. What better place to hint at something huge like this other than when receiving a major award?

Discuss or tear me to shreds, idgaf. Let’s go girls. :coffee:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Anderson123

I think there have been a couple of posts around here about that happening, they even posted that VMAs video. It'd be really great to have another GagaXBeyoncé collab, it'd make sense on this album coming from Gaga's own 90's house inspired Chromatica so I'm here for it. If there's a Beyoncé album that'd make sense to have that, it'd be this one. Self titled and Lemonade were so personal and had other concepts that this one seems more fitting.

Dr Fudge
Just now, Anderson123 said:

I think there have been a couple of posts around here about that happening, they even posted that VMAs video.

Bloop. I think I missed it amidst all of the BMS drama lol. Thanks! Mods, if this is an unnecessary thread feel free to close it! 

Rahrahbitchson

I still cant get over the fact that people remember exactly a word that she said in an accepting speech of an award show from 2 years ago. The biggest reach ever. 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

holy scheisse

I doubt Gaga used that word to foreshadow beyonces album… but I wanna be deluded bc I’d love them to do another collab :messga:

StrawberryBlond

Considering that Beyonce only started working on this album in 2020, the same year this speech went out, there's a big chance the album's name hadn't been decided or maybe early drafts were thrown out and the album about to be released is different from the one that was initially conceptualised 2 years ago? Gaga is always using fancy words like this, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Beyonce's albums have always been low on collab partners, especially her last two and seeing how she didn't credit Big Freedia on the title of her new song, it seems like collabs might be low or about keeping the focus on Beyonce. I could see Gaga putting her on an album in the future but I doubt the other way around. I feel like they support each other from a distance but won't actually do anything together anymore. Lots of artists have friends in the industry who could provide them a big leg up if they featured them on a single and vice versa, but, for some reason, don't seem to work together or do a one-off and then that's it. Think how long Gaga's been friends with Elton and she's only just featured him on a song and he's never featured her on any of his.

Hip-hop culture is about the only genre that truly has a culture of lots of collabs and featuring your friends all the time. Every other genre, it's just occasional or not at all. Kinda weird, but that's just the way it is. But hey, if I had a pound for every time I predicted something wrong in this crazy business, I'd be a very rich woman, so yeah.

Dr Fudge
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Considering that Beyonce only started working on this album in 2020, the same year this speech went out, there's a big chance the album's name hadn't been decided or maybe early drafts were thrown out and the album about to be released is different from the one that was initially conceptualised 2 years ago? Gaga is always using fancy words like this, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

So I was thinking about the timeline too. Do we factually know that she started writing the record in 2020? I feel like with big names such as Beyoncé there’s a lot of heavily calculated moves when executing an album release. Like she could have started working on it in 2019 through 2021 and they’ve been waiting to put it out? Just speculation though. You’re right though, Gaga is known to throw million dollar words out there lol.

Levine
54 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

I still cant get over the fact that people remember exactly a word that she said in an accepting speech of an award show from 2 years ago. The biggest reach ever. 

Because we all believed she was hinting the title of her new album lmao like an easter egg or something like that. 

The reach is real tho.

BlingNotTheMusic

Tbh it would be the biggest missed opportunity if not, as they both are in this genre rn. But....:trollga::teehee:

Archived