💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

heavymetalenigma

I love this song so much, it's strange to hear Beyoncé sing dance music as she's never gone down this road before (apart from "Sweet Dreams" I guess) but it suits her well - the vocal arrangement makes the song feel like a Beyoncé song to me.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AURAOFSHEISSE

car crash close call GIF
me voguing to this song in the car

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Is it just me or….

is this song totally NOT sampling Show Me Love?

it sounds similar, yes, but there are several beats missing. I know Robin S has been thanking her but she also said that she had never been contacted or asked about it and knew nothing. Could that be because it actually isn’t? Has her team stated it and I missed it?

ELECTROHEART
25 minutes ago, alecks said:

Is it just me or….

it sounds similar, yes, but there are several beats missing. I know Robin S has been thanking her but she also said that she had never been contacted or asked about it and knew nothing. Could that be because it actually isn’t? Has her team stated it and I missed it?

Break My Soul doesn't sample SML, both songs are using the same Korg M1 organ preset, very famous on early 90s house music, this synth is also used on Gaga's Sour Candy, even Sour Candy doesn't sample any song, it just uses this same synth.

Look at 2:56

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Anderson123
34 minutes ago, alecks said:

Is it just me or….

There’s a sample in there because the two writers (from Show Me Love) are credited there. It might not sound like Charli’s Used To Know Me that shares more of the whole instrumental but I think Break My Soul just uses a part of it and it’s on loop. 

HIM820

Did anyone see the Billboard poll that asked “Which past collaborator would you want Beyonce to feature on her new album?” 

Gaga was beating everyone, even Destiny’s Child:oops:

JLoveLamar
4 hours ago, alecks said:

Is it just me or….

She wouldn't have to be contacted. She is not the writer of the song. Only the songwriters are contacted. Not the singer. 

salty like sodium
On 6/24/2022 at 3:21 PM, heavymetalenigma said:

I love this song so much, it's strange to hear Beyoncé sing dance music as she's never gone down this road before (apart from "Sweet Dreams" I guess) but it suits her well - the vocal arrangement makes the song feel like a Beyoncé song to me.

Single Ladies and possibly Blow want a word

RenegAde
On 6/26/2022 at 3:15 AM, HIM820 said:

Did anyone see the Billboard poll that asked “Which past collaborator would you want Beyonce to feature on her new album?” 

Gaga was beating everyone, even Destiny’s Child:oops:

Can I still see this poll? Where was it posted 

Teletubby

it received less than 2.5M streams on Spotify yesterday (6th day)
#16(-4) — 2,451,189

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

MessyTop

I enjoyed the song but I don’t have the urge to playing it again and again. More me is missing something, dunno what it is.  

heavymetalenigma
On 6/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, salty like sodium said:

Single Ladies and possibly Blow want a word

I think Blow is more of a slow jam though it's definitely one of my favourite Beyoncé songs. Single Ladies does have quite a fast tempo to be fair. I guess this is her first foray into house inspired music.

• 2 weeks later...
Judas Oyster
On 6/21/2022 at 2:15 PM, dollardays said:

Why is Beyoncé singing about the struggle of working 9 to 5, this is absurd lmao

it's not the first time actually

listen to Ghost. She says exactly "9 to 5 to stay alive"

I found it interesting - bc that how life feels sometimes for me, but not for her.

Archived