Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Fanta
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

Such a shame Chromatica was released in the middle of a messy world. This album deserved more and probably would’ve been a better project this year.. or instead of Joanne. 

When you see what artists like Dua were pulling off during the pandemic, a messy world being the reason for Chromatica’s disjointed rollout does not make sense. Gaga’s eras are always very ill-prepared, and she refuses any other rollout method besides going with the flow - AKA not filming and recording things in advance, and very limited creative output (the Chromatica photo shoot had like 2 looks and barely any photos).

She does not have the urgency she once did when she started out. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ConnorFilm

The fact that Chromatica is trending on Twitter right now. Happy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Charmz

Just got a call from a DJ buddy of mine, he is a Beyoncé Stan… and he literally is like “dude this Beyoncé’s Gaga era” 

:trollga:

stream Chromatica 

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

AURAOFSHEISSE

OH MY GOD its soooo good, im legit shook:bradley:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

MessyTop
4 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

But Gaga was one of the first big artists to pivot to that sound over the past couple years :lolly:

Teletubby

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Dojo
5 minutes ago, Charmz said:

Just got a call from a DJ buddy of mine, he is a Beyoncé Stan… and he literally is like “dude this Beyoncé’s Gaga era” 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ec625351abd9f3a5b

Bloody hooker

It’s so good :giveup:

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

AURAOFSHEISSE

its so nostalgic, house music has been my life recently, azealia banks vibes for sure

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Charmz
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Pay to play, part of a promo rollout 

Regina George
26 minutes ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

for every instance of the sun being right i can name 2 for them being way off. a broken clock is right twice a day 

also, nobody was calling them dumb? just expressing valid frustrations with the erasure of the origins of house music. also i’m not a kindness punk i like gaga but i don’t subscribe to every moral ideology of hers don’t apply that to me! and you say they’re not worth arguing with but i think they ARE because at the end of the day if people wouldn’t have commented about the real history/origins/inspirations of the bey song would more people know? you can argue that the people propagating that narrative don’t care either way, but i don’t think it’s a lost cause 

I was clearly not talking about you in particular when I said that about “stupid/dumb” comments. Sun has been pretty reliable and even in this instance they are reliable. No one whould have guessed Beyonce would do dance album after her previous 2 albums. As for those people, again, I truly don’t think arguing and derailing this thread is not the way to go. Report them for flamebait and move on with your day. Their negativity is enough by its own. At the end of the day I think they won’t change their minds about this. 

Future Lovers

No but seriously, it's not cute to come in here and say "she's doing a Gaga era" honestly. Gaga is not the only person who has made a house inspired album, and she certainly didn't make a deep house record like this song is. This is a genre that has been wrestled away from the community that created it, just as rock n roll was. Now a prominent artist of that community is coming to claim it back as much as she can and to chalk that up to her following the lead of another artist really minimizes that. 

I doubt seriously she is taking a cue from Chromatica, especially considering that the only 2 songs from Chromatica that found true success are the least house oriented tracks on the album. She has clearly chosen this genre because she cares about the history of it and the context it now has given what has happened in the US in the last few years. Her sampling other prominent names of the black community who have been working hard in this space is not an accident. 

Starmie25
15 minutes ago, Fanta said:

When you see what artists like Dua were pulling off during the pandemic, a messy world being the reason for Chromatica’s disjointed rollout does not make sense. Gaga’s eras are always very ill-prepared, and she refuses any other rollout method besides going with the flow - AKA not filming and recording things in advance, and very limited creative output (the Chromatica photo shoot had like 2 looks and barely any photos).

She does not have the urgency she once did when she started out. 

It's sad though that we cant give Gaga her props for trying to address and use her platform towards more serious issues during that year. 

That should be the main priority, not Chromatica promo during a global pandemic.

C'mon!

Charmz

Lots of folks on twitter and TikTok making the Gaga comparisons. :oops: Lots of love for the song too! 

Gaga has dominated dance in the last 10 or more years in our collective consciousness, it’s not hard to draw a comparison when Beyoncé’s new song really does have those same house/90’s/ballroom elements that distinguish Chromatica from Gaga’s earlier work.

The song is fun, the Gaga comparison is fair. Move on.

Archived