Teletubby

Featured Posts

Cello

just listened to song. song is good.

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is hilarious and giving me life, a bunch of bitchy people arguing over stupid sh.t, it's like Walmart on black Friday.

Roughhouse Dandy
41 minutes ago, NicoB said:

Ok lol. If you cared to read instead of just taking a comment out of context, youd see i was referencing to a single user that even the mods were calling out to chill. also half my comments on this thread is criticizing the ones saying she only did this album because of gaga's chromatica. but it seems im racist afterall.

if thee said "defenders of the black community" here really cared about this topic why are they only being vocal about criticism towards beyonce and none against the MANY criticisms towards Big Freedia who actually is a queer black person. Is it because only beyonce deserve such defense? weird isnt?

but tanks for remind me im part of the gatekkepers gaslighters girlboss mode twinks nonetheless

I read it and understand the context. It changes nothing. While Beyoncé is getting the attention because it's her song with her name attached, people in this thread *have* come and defended Freedia. Seems that if anyone here has trouble reading context, it might just be you. 

If anyone has specifically called you racist here, I haven't seen it. I responded to you because I saw you were the one minimizing the racial concerns brought up by saying they were doing it for "clout" when many people have called it out in several threads including the admin who notices it as well. This might be a case of "the hit dog hollers".

48 minutes ago, NicoB said:

this, beyonce didint care to put her on the title but she's "taking the black culture back to black people! thank you beyonce! without you, what would be of us?"

But I also see you're putting words in black people's mouths to be even more dismissive, so this doesn't feel like this is going to turn into any kind of meaningful discussion. Have fun with whatever you're trying to do with that attitude but you'll be doing it without me from now on. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Sunny21

"ALL music is BLACK music. That's just a fact." - Lady Gaga

Gaga said the sound of Chromatica was inspired by BLACK, queer house innovators like Frankie Knuckles.

16 hours ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

How the hell are you 🚬’s his is some authentic, genuine old school black queer house music right here, the latter is basic ass European house. 

16 hours ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Not gaga predicting the direction of the music industry yet again. 2 years ahead of her time. Dont tell me this is not babylon mixed with sour candy vibes

16 hours ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

some of u are … to insinuate that Beyoncé was inspired by Gaga, rather than acknowledge that BOTH were inspired by (though Beyoncé’s homage was much more authentic) the black queer artists who pioneered house music in the 80s and 90s. It’s important to know where this music comes from because that’s where it’s spirit and power comes from too! 

like i said gaga’s was more of an influence and a mixture of modern dance pop with SOME house sounds (mostly only in the two tracks you mentioned, though babylon was much more true to some of its 90s inspirations) , but this is balls to the wall no holds barred OG HOUSE music!! y’all can dislike the song all you want but i don’t want you ever complaining that you want a pure house album from gaga bc this is what it sounds like!! if you don’t like this you probably won’t like that! but me… i love it and if gaga did something like this i would LIVE. not that she’s one to repeat herself, but if she dived deeper into that sound id be elated. she would absolutely devour it with ease just like miss lastrassi has done here

16 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah kind of cringing at people saying this is inspired by Gaga or Dua Lipa or whatever. This is pure house (particularly inspired by Black artists), Dua is more disco, Gaga is 90s French House. It's all different.

It's a real ugh side of stan behavior, when stans reach to claim someone is inspired (yes, inspiration happens, but I'm talking about real reaches), and I think stans to rethink it and realize the racial implications of claiming a Black artist is ripping off/inspired by a white artist because historically it's the other way around.

16 hours ago, Flawless said:

I agree on that, but I don't think that's the case in this thread. When Gaga released Chromatica was a lot worse here, and this is her fansite.

The thing is, some of the beyhive dragged Chromatica to hell and back and now their fave is doing the same type of music. Now people can criticize if they didn't like the song, like they did with Gaga back

she/her/hers

EvilBunny
4 hours ago, dojo said:

are you sure it wasn't already a problem waaaay before the song's release :triggered:

This answer was way better than my trolling lol genius

but break my hole still sucks tho 

BlingNotTheMusic
9 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Maybe now you guys can appreciate Bloodpop better for making Chromatica sound so fresh and distinctive!! :trollga:

LMFAO sis

Bloodpop made Chromatica sound arguably over-polished and borderline overproduced, the instrumentals have no room to breathe. Wyd?

BlingNotTheMusic

Y'all complaining Beyonce "never had a 9 to 5" acting like being a worldwide superstar is easier than clocking in and out at an office wtf. She started singing in Destiny's Child in 1990 (age 9), their first big break was in 1998 (age 17), and she's literally been working ever since. The delusion.

Moving On Sooo GIF

Listening again today and the song is SUCH a release, almost a spiritual awakening, I love it!!!!

YOU WON'T BREAK MY HOLE 🕳️

Groove Grooving GIF by BET Awards

Sunny21
15 hours ago, Fanta said:

When you see what artists like Dua were pulling off during the pandemic, a messy world being the reason for Chromatica’s disjointed rollout does not make sense. 

I respectfully disagree. Dua Lipa is amazing, but Gaga is NOT Dua. And yes, Gaga worked her a** off when she was 26, just like Dua. 

In fact, Gaga had hip surgery to repair a labral tear of her right hip caused by "strenuous repetitive movements." She was 26. Some people have a short memory. 

Dragging Gaga in every Gaga and non-Gaga thread comparing her to Dua or Doja Cat will NOT change the FACT that Gaga is a singer-ACTRESS! Maybe it's time for fans like you to accept reality. 🙂

Gaga was a theater kid. She went to acting school, had headshots done and was an extra on The Sopranos some 20 years ago. Her life, her choice. You, too, have a choice!

There has not been (and likely won't be) a "FULL ALBUM ERA," not since ASIB was released in late 2018. She became an actress and movie star overnight! 

Gaga is 36. She has a life, a boyfriend, chronic health issues and unlike her contemporaries, she is also doing MOVIES, and I don't mean cameos or voice-over. She loves jazz, too.

she/her/hers

StrawberryBlond

It was what I expected and not at the same time. The beat is pure 90's house, this is what I predicted. But the lyrics and the other stylistic choices were unexpected. My favourite parts are the Big Freedia elements at the beginning, middle and end. I thought it really lifted a song which just stays the same the way through. Is the lyrics really "break, break, break, break, etc" though? Because to me, it just sounded like "yaka yaka yaka" (swear I've heard this exact sound elsewhere but can't place it) and assumed it was just a sound rathet than a word and it wasn't till I saw an unofficial lyric video that I even found out there was a word here and not just a sound effect. Am I missing something? Is this a phrase used in this genre that I'm unaware of? I'm not surprised there's apparently a Show Me Love sample, it was the first song I thought of when listening to it. I think there should be a seizure warning for the video, by the way. I don't even have epilepsy and I thought that was a bit much.

I'm not a house music fan, so this isn't my thing. But I appreciate that she's trying something so different from what she's done before and still made it seem like a Beyonce song.

Rahrahbitchson
25 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

YOU WON'T BREAK MY HOLE 🕳️

Groove Grooving GIF by BET Awards

I'M TELLING EVERY GRINDR

michelle-obama-look.gif

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

LastNight

After a few listens I think it's a banger. The repetition is kind of hypnotic and I've falllen in love with it. It's fun, summery and just a great vibe. Hope it's huge a smash :firega:

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

I'M TELLING EVERY GRINDR

michelle-obama-look.gif

RELEASE YOUR BUSS

RELEASE THE HOE

RELEASE CONTROL

RELEASE THE LOAD 

Dancing Alien Area 51 GIF by Pastelae

monstrosity
14 hours ago, Concertaholic said:

Aww I actually just went to Berghain for the very first time last night while here on vacation! Best club experience of my life. I honestly need to move to Berlin because I’m gonna miss it so much :kara:

Is it as hard to go in as people say?

Sunny21
15 hours ago, Fanta said:

This is strictly to do with her musical eras and creative output - and my point and perspective still remains. 

ICYDR, if not for the pandemic, the Chromatica Ball would happen in summer 2020 - and the era would be OVER by Sept 2020! She'd be prepping for House of GUCCI. She's booked and busy! 🙂

Then Italy, Love For Sale concerts, etc. If she had time she'd squeeze in another movie! The only performance that was canceled was Coachella (April 2020). And iHeartRadio (March 2020).

ICYDK, 911 didn't chart (it PEAKED AT #77 on U.S. iTunes). #77! on U.S iTunes, back when 4 digital copies per person were allowed under Billboard rules. There's no reason to release a 4th music video, especially since the tour was postponed.

And for the record, yes, TCB is a short 20-date tour, but NONE of Gaga's contemporaries are touring... Not Katy, Taylor, Beyoncé, Rihanna...

Not Adele, who can fill stadiums all over the world but chose to do a Vegas residency. What you gonna do?? These "pop girlies" are NOT your plastic dolls! 

The rollout for Love For Sale was pitch-perfect, imo. Televised concerts with Tony. Free online concert for fans complete with viewing parties. Very little promo. Low-budget but poignant music videos. Partnerships with Paramount and Westfield. A dozen jazz concerts. Nobody streams jazz, but nobody lost money on that album, lol. 

My guess is, in future, Gaga will release new music with little promo, maybe a concert film/documentary (like Taylor's folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions on Disney+). A short tour if she has time. No free performances, maybe a Grammy performance if she's nominated for multiple awards.

she/her/hers

Archived