Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop
30 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

This song sounds SOOOO 90s. Did she sample a beat from the 90s. As soon as it came on I was transported to the 90s

The song has the “show me love” sample. They got aorta credits ok the Beyoncé track 

Future Lovers

I just knew y'all were gonna come in here screaming "GAGA'S INFLUENCE"

PussOfYonce

slightly disappointed tbh.

i think it might just be the **** day ive been having then some dumb **** leaking it on twitter earlier today.

i wont divulge all my thoughts cause some of yall are gonna pull something.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

MessyTop
1 minute ago, Mr Mendes said:

I just knew y'all were gonna come in here screaming "GAGA'S INFLUENCE"

Lol if folk only knew about ballroom and house music from the 90s 

Werk Yes GIF by Stevie Loves You

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, PussOfYonce said:

slightly disappointed tbh.

i think it might just be the **** day ive been having then some dumb **** leaking it on twitter earlier today.

i wont divulge all my thoughts cause some of yall are gonna pull something.

I would listen to it a few times...it's a grower imo. I've shifted on it considerably (in a positive way) after a couple of listens, especially with my good speakers.

jimmytimestep

While the song is a massive bop, I must admit I was hoping for a more anthemic hook, something more Donna Summer.

Chromatica was perfect pop music in a house style. This is DEEP house.

that said, go off king Bey!!! we are dancing!!! 

HIM820

It’s not delusional to say that she saw a resurgence of dance music and wanted to make her own dance record. That’s not rude or demeaning to her or her true inspiration. In the past two years there have been dance albums released that were popular and dominant on the charts. That will change your perspective on where you think your fans want to go with your music. If you want them dancing in the clubs, you have to make records for the clubs. 

Now, it is stupid is to say she was directly inspired by Gaga, Dua, or anyone else recently. Do I think she’s following a trend? 100% but that shouldn’t be an insult. I’m thankful more artists are following it and we are getting a wave of dance/disco music, which historically has been attacked by misogynistic, homophobic and racist men. 

Reality
1 hour ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

You don’t need to be consciously doing something that’s bluntly racist to still have a racial bias. 

I think this is an excellent conversation to have. Maybe I’ll give some perspective?

House music was a genre that was pioneered by black queer people in Detroit and Chicago back in the late 80’s. It was then brought to Europe where the genre exploded and became a little appropriated. Now house music is associated with white producers and has since completely erased the community that pioneered it. 

I’m just saying that I find it very interesting that people are completely hating on this song when Free Woman and Sour Candy have a very similar baseline and production. It just seems like this fan base will only praise the white artists that do these genres and don’t acknowledge the community and artists that created it. 

Just my two cents.

Many people dislike Free Woman and Sour Candy too though

🖤👹

Aga Gydal
1 hour ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

You don’t need to be consciously doing something that’s bluntly racist to still have a racial bias. 

I think this is an excellent conversation to have. Maybe I’ll give some perspective?

House music was a genre that was pioneered by black queer people in Detroit and Chicago back in the late 80’s. It was then brought to Europe where the genre exploded and became a little appropriated. Now house music is associated with white producers and has since completely erased the community that pioneered it. 

I’m just saying that I find it very interesting that people are completely hating on this song when Free Woman and Sour Candy have a very similar baseline and production. It just seems like this fan base will only praise the white artists that do these genres and don’t acknowledge the community and artists that created it. 

Just my two cents.

Thank you for this ❤️

Fanta

It’s a cute song, not very exciting - but it’s nice to see her do something different. It’s not as groundbreaking as the hype made it out to be, but that generally tends to be the case when it’s Beyoncé.

I don’t see any Gaga influences on this track, but I do think she was inspired by the general theme and message of Chromatica in 2020 and Dua’s FN. 

Concertaholic
10 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Lol if folk only knew about ballroom and house music from the 90s 

Werk Yes GIF by Stevie Loves You

But Gaga was one of the first big artists to pivot to that sound over the past couple years :lolly:

Starmie25

Some of y'all really need to be educated on music genres. There's a ton of sub house genres out in the world. Delve deeper.

It's similar how many just dub ARTPOP as "edm" when in fact it actually has a whole lot more to it.

badfaith
11 minutes ago, Reality said:

Many people dislike Free Woman and Sour Candy too though

This! It's the repetition for me and I usually don't mind it unless it's good but if we're really comparing, Sour Candy is the best of the 3. Ngl when I played the track and went to read some replies here, I thought an ad was playing, surprised to see it was the real deal :billie: Her vocals though still fire :firega:

Charmz

Who said Chromatica b-side :stalkga:

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

Archived