Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Regina George
11 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah kind of cringing at people saying this is inspired by Gaga or Dua Lipa or whatever. This is pure house (particularly inspired by Black artists), Dua is more disco, Gaga is 90s French House. It's all different.

It's a real ugh side of stan behavior, when stans reach to claim someone is inspired (yes, inspiration happens, but I'm talking about real reaches), and I think stans to rethink it and realize the racial implications of claiming a Black artist is ripping off/inspired by a white artist because historically it's the other way around.

This is LITERALLY from an article about her recording new music that actually ended up being true:

“Following the success she had with (2016 album) Lemonade, and the Disney film Black Is King, she started writing and recording feel-good tracks inspired by new artists like Dua Lipa and The Shindellas," they shared, adding, "She's ready to dance again.”

Let’s not call people stupid or dumb or whatever it is that y’all are doing here for saying she was inspired by younger artists that released disco/dance music. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JLoveLamar
12 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

Not talking about this thread in particular. 

Not saying you noticed some in this thread. I'm saying you're calling it out in your debut post

Regina George

ALSOOO on a more positive note.. I love this and can’t wait fir the album! Reminds me of Beyonces older music and I absolutely love that! Such a feel good tune. 

thatfoxyfeeling

I love the production just find the lyrics and chorus kinda weak, “you won’t break my soul” could’ve been a catchier hook. I can’t wait for the album though. 

JLoveLamar
17 minutes ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

some of u are … to insinuate that Beyoncé was inspired by Gaga, rather than acknowledge that BOTH were inspired by (though Beyoncé’s homage was much more authentic) the black queer artists who pioneered house music in the 80s and 90s. It’s important to know where this music comes from because that’s where it’s spirit and power comes from too! 

like i said gaga’s was more of an influence and a mixture of modern dance pop with SOME house sounds (mostly only in the two tracks you mentioned, though babylon was much more true to some of its 90s inspirations) , but this is balls to the wall no holds barred OG HOUSE music!! y’all can dislike the song all you want but i don’t want you ever complaining that you want a pure house album from gaga bc this is what it sounds like!! if you don’t like this you probably won’t like that! but me… i love it and if gaga did something like this i would LIVE. not that she’s one to repeat herself, but if she dived deeper into that sound id be elated. she would absolutely devour it with ease just like miss lastrassi has done here

This song sounds SOOOO 90s. Did she sample a beat from the 90s. As soon as it came on I was transported to the 90s

BehindTheAura12
Just now, Regina George said:

This is LITERALLY from an article about her recording new music that actually ended up being true:

“Following the success she had with (2016 album) Lemonade, and the Disney film Black Is King, she started writing and recording feel-good tracks inspired by new artists like Dua Lipa and The Shindellas," they shared, adding, "She's ready to dance again.”

Let’s not call people stupid or dumb or whatever it is that y’all are doing here for saying she was inspired by younger artists that released disco/dance music. 

Well for one the source is the SUN… which… lol but let’s assume it’s true - I think you’re confusing the statement in the article (where it says that she was inspired to create more upbeat, feel-good music) with what we’re saying, which is that she was directly musically inspired by/is similar to gaga or dua, which if you hear any dua song or any song from chromatica the similarities are minimal at best and at worst nonexistent lol. i mean look at the post… above me! “we love free woman”? I understand your point but I think you’re ignoring the fact that most people genuinely do not understand bey’s musical inspirations and the history behind them and actually think she’s ripping off gaga lol

3l3ctrar3x

Anyways, this song is absolutely amazing and it makes me so happy. I can’t wait to hear the rest of the album. She truly made this for the gays. 

GoldenPonyboy
22 minutes ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

some of u are … to insinuate that Beyoncé was inspired by Gaga, rather than acknowledge that BOTH were inspired by (though Beyoncé’s homage was much more authentic) the black queer artists who pioneered house music in the 80s and 90s. It’s important to know where this music comes from because that’s where it’s spirit and power comes from too! 

like i said gaga’s was more of an influence and a mixture of modern dance pop with SOME house sounds (mostly only in the two tracks you mentioned, though babylon was much more true to some of its 90s inspirations) , but this is balls to the wall no holds barred OG HOUSE music!! y’all can dislike the song all you want but i don’t want you ever complaining that you want a pure house album from gaga bc this is what it sounds like!! if you don’t like this you probably won’t like that! but me… i love it and if gaga did something like this i would LIVE. not that she’s one to repeat herself, but if she dived deeper into that sound id be elated. she would absolutely devour it with ease just like miss lastrassi has done here

Ok ? I never said gaga invented house music. She was a major music artist that released a house inspired album two years ago when it was no where to be found in the mainstream. and now with drake and beyonce it appears to be coming back into the mainstream. 
i actually love the beyonce song quite a bit. I was only pointing out that gaga has been very good at pretocting future trends with albums that were not well received at the time, like joanna and chromatica. 

Morphine Prince

Production is nice. Lyrics are ok. Overall average and not the comeback I expected from her. 

It felt like a chore to listen to the whole thing. 

secfelix

Perhaps, I'm just a gay man that can do never-ending house music, but I love it. So unexpected from her, despite house popularity right now.

BehindTheAura12
Just now, GoldenPonyboy said:

Ok ? I never said gaga invented house music. She was a major music artist that released a house inspired album two years ago when it was no where to be found in the mainstream. and now with drake and beyonce it appears to be coming back into the mainstream. 
i actually love the beyonce song quite a bit. I was only pointing out that gaga has been very good at pretocting future trends with albums that were not well received at the time, like joanna and chromatica. 

i feel like what you’re misunderstanding is the two sounds are really vastly different. as another user mentioned above gaga’s inspiration was more 90s french/euro-house which, stylistically and musically, is quite removed from CLASSIC house music of the late 80s. that’s beys inspiration. i can’t speak for drakes album bc i don’t want to put myself through that but at least break my soul is so completely removed from chromatica that i don’t think talks of inspiration are really founded in anything other than - dare i say - a hint of delusion? 

and i’m not saying gaga hasn’t been extremely influential in the past! i mean even to your other point, i agree that post-joanne we saw a lot of country and stripped down albums from the girlies who never did that type of music! so great conversation, wrong scenario. and normally like yeah who cares it’s stan culture blah blah - but idk i feel like comments like yours (not that i think you did it maliciously!! just maybe out of ignorance ?) feed into the larger misconception of the beginnings of house and what it really sounds like, again, as you can see several other ppl in the thread have displayed. i think it’s important to know where this iconic style of music came from and not erase it’s origins by saying that bey was inspired by something OTHER than the artists who pioneered the sound

Poker

Average. Those lyrics are laughable and trying hard to relate to people imo. 

Kindness rules all.

Hyperballad
41 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Not gaga predicting the direction of the music industry yet again. 2 years ahead of her time. Dont tell me this is not babylon mixed with sour candy vibes

You mean … house music lol ..

Archived