Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

3l3ctrar3x
9 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

Oop!! Not noticing the hypocrisy in the debut post! Welcome to the board!!

Not talking about this thread in particular. 

I vividly remember when George Floyd’s murder happened and the BLM protests that happened after it and then seeing the response by a lot of fans on this site. After when Gaga announced that she was gonna postpone the listening party, I remember a lot of white monsters being PISSED that she put the priority of a very serious movement above a pointless listening party for an album that already came out, even seeing some completely diminish and mock the BLM movement entirely and found it pointless. One comment I remember in particular was like, “racism is only a US problem, this is so unfair to her international fans who don’t care.”

This fan base has a serious racism problem and you’d be completely delusional if you say that there isn’t. This is why the Beehive doesn’t **** with this fan base, which is incredibly unfortunate. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
Just now, BehindTheAura12 said:

some of u are … to insinuate that Beyoncé was inspired by Gaga, rather than acknowledge that BOTH were inspired by (though Beyoncé’s homage was much more authentic) the black queer artists who pioneered house music in the 80s and 90s. It’s important to know where this music comes from because that’s where it’s spirit and power comes from too! 

like i said gaga’s was more of an influence and a mixture of modern dance pop with SOME house sounds (mostly only in the two tracks you mentioned, though babylon was much more true to some of its 90s inspirations) , but this is balls to the wall no holds barred OG HOUSE music!! y’all can dislike the song all you want but i don’t want you ever complaining that you want a pure house album from gaga bc this is what it sounds like!! if you don’t like this you probably won’t like that! but me… i love it and if gaga did something like this i would LIVE. not that she’s one to repeat herself, but if she dived deeper into that sound id be elated. she would absolutely devour it with ease just like miss lastrassi has done here

Yeah kind of cringing at people saying this is inspired by Gaga or Dua Lipa or whatever. This is pure house (particularly inspired by Black artists), Dua is more disco, Gaga is 90s French House. It's all different.

It's a real ugh side of stan behavior, when stans reach to claim someone is inspired (yes, inspiration happens, but I'm talking about real reaches), and I think stans to rethink it and realize the racial implications of claiming a Black artist is ripping off/inspired by a white artist because historically it's the other way around.

Flawless
7 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I’m just saying that there is definitely a bias I’ve noticed on this site towards black artists, particularly black women. 

I agree on that, but I don't think that's the case in this thread. When Gaga released Chromatica was a lot worse here, and this is her fansite.

The thing is, some of the beyhive dragged Chromatica to hell and back and now their fave is doing the same type of music. Now people can criticize if they didn't like the song, like they did with Gaga back then. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

robbiemalik

The beat is cute… not her best lead single imo

Anderson123

Such a shame Chromatica was released in the middle of a messy world. This album deserved more and probably would’ve been a better project this year.. or instead of Joanne. 

Reject False Icons

I’m just so glad big freedia is there, she’s booked with every legend I just discovered her with Kesha and I hope she reaches her highest goals and beyond :woohoo: she always slaps and with B it’s amazing

Dojo
46 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

OFFICIAL

hollyyy AGSGSFSFS

this is FIREEE 

the production is f*** beautiful! sounds so anthemic and powerful alreadyyy 

like a house neo born this way omg

Butters Stotch

I'm taking my words back. After listening to it with earphones, this song is fire!!! I can see all the gays on the club bopping to this and releasing it during pride month is probably going to make this song huge!!! I'm sorry I spoke so soon, I actually quite like this!!! :nooo:

Also, it kinda sounds like something straight out of Chromatica, so if those rumors of a Gaga featuring in the album end up being true, I can see why they decided to work together again.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

MessyTop

She’s sampling “show me love”, is in the credits. 
This is ballroom music. Period. Really fun song, not really a come back single. 
I do love the song. 

BehindTheAura12
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah kind of cringing at people saying this is inspired by Gaga or Dua Lipa or whatever. This is pure house (particularly inspired by Black artists), Dua is more disco, Gaga is 90s French House. It's all different.

It's a real ugh side of stan behavior, when stans reach to claim someone is inspired (yes, inspiration happens, but I'm talking about real reaches), and I think stans to rethink it and realize the racial implications of claiming a Black artist is ripping off/inspired by a white artist because historically it's the other way around.

yea like ?!?! they just sound dumb cuz they clearly don’t know what they’re talking about when they make those asinine comparisons. you can dislike the song! nobody’s saying you can’t but when you come in making snarky comments about how clearly bey has been inspired by gaga when yes the two took inspirations from the same vein of music (though like you mentioned gaga took hers from later iterations of euro-house music) … like what are you trying to say? bey has always been super open about being inspired by black culture and black music and this song is literally the epitome of early house music created by black queer musicians. 

that last sentence perfectly sums it up as well. they’re trying to claim it’s one way when … let’s look at the history books i have some news for them!

They're really pushing the House agenda this summer.

Im so here for that

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

3l3ctrar3x
10 minutes ago, Flawless said:

I agree on that, but I don't think that's the case in this thread. When Gaga released Chromatica was a lot worse here, and this is her fansite.

The thing is, some of the beyhive dragged Chromatica to hell and back and now their fave is doing the same type of music. Now people can criticize if they didn't like the song, like they did with Gaga back then. 

I definitely understand your perspective. I think it just goes back to our cultures and communities, and how we perceive certain genres from them. 

I think for Chromatica, Gaga was referencing European house from the early-mid 90’s (besides Babylon), where I think that Beyonce is legitimately trying to recreate the original sound. The Big Freedia verse is pure late 80’s NYC ballroom.

Again, not trying to speed negativity and I apologize that I was! Just wanted to maybe educate a little. No harsh feelings! :)

This came at the perfect time in my life for me. I actually felt like my soul was broken at work and that first verse just reinvigorated me. Will I quit my job? Who knows! But the power of this song has certainly made evaluate my current situation. 

HardlyaSaint

:giveup: THE WAY GAGA COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN ON THE BRIDGE AND THIS WOULD MAKE A PERFECT CHROMATICA-ERA SINGLE.

Archived