💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Reality

I liked it :shrug: I understand not liking it, but jeez, some of y'all are so harsh on the song

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GoldenPonyboy

Not gaga predicting the direction of the music industry yet again. 2 years ahead of her time. Dont tell me this is not babylon mixed with sour candy vibes

JLoveLamar
3 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

The internet is a free space luv. I’m just saying that there is definitely a bias I’ve noticed on this site towards black artists, particularly black women. And also don’t act like you didn’t see people here seriously drag Gaga for some of her creative decisions and choices. 

It’s just hypocrisy. 

Oop!! Not noticing the hypocrisy in the debut post! Welcome to the board!!

NATAH
3 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

The internet is a free space luv. I’m just saying that there is definitely a bias I’ve noticed on this site towards black artists, particularly black women. And also don’t act like you didn’t see people here seriously drag Gaga for some of her creative decisions and choices. 

It’s just hypocrisy. 

but what's gaga got to do with a beyonce song? :yennefer:

there's no reason to insult chromatica, it adds nothing to your point

mother, what must i do?

ProfessionalClown

THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED.

I wasn’t a fan of her last few albums and t he last one I was a true fan of was b’day AND THIS IS ITTTTTT. I love it :messga:

NATAH

tbh lead singles tend to be weak so this has made me excited for the album :billie:

mother, what must i do?

3l3ctrar3x
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

why is it whenever people don’t like a beyonce song, it’s always because of racial bias? it’s just an average song. i would say the same if gaga released this, i would definitely be disappointed. and i was disappointed in some of chromatica .that’s the great thing about music, is that everyone can have their own opinion about it.

You don’t need to be consciously doing something that’s bluntly racist to still have a racial bias. 

I think this is an excellent conversation to have. Maybe I’ll give some perspective?

House music was a genre that was pioneered by black queer people in Detroit and Chicago back in the late 80’s. It was then brought to Europe where the genre exploded and became a little appropriated. Now house music is associated with white producers and has since completely erased the community that pioneered it. 

I’m just saying that I find it very interesting that people are completely hating on this song when Free Woman and Sour Candy have a very similar baseline and production. It just seems like this fan base will only praise the white artists that do these genres and don’t acknowledge the community and artists that created it. 

Just my two cents.

ProfessionalClown
3 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Not gaga predicting the direction of the music industry yet again. 2 years ahead of her time. Dont tell me this is not babylon mixed with sour candy vibes

It definitely isn’t Babylon or sour candy vibes at all. It’s just house music.

Gaga def predicted the new rise and interest in house but everything Gaga did was an homage to 90’s house music, which Bey is very influenced by here as well. 

Scar97

But why does she do a Cardi accent in the second verse. Didn’t have that on my bingo card 

ProfessionalClown
1 minute ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

You don’t need to be consciously doing something that’s bluntly racist to still have a racial bias. 

Look you’re definitely reaching here. I’m not a fan of bey, I really am not. Didn’t like lemonade from personal taste and the last album I liked was b’day but that’s solely from personal music taste.

this song however is right up my alley and slaps and makes me so excited for the album 

BehindTheAura12
1 minute ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

some of u are … to insinuate that Beyoncé was inspired by Gaga, rather than acknowledge that BOTH were inspired by (though Beyoncé’s homage was much more authentic) the black queer artists who pioneered house music in the 80s and 90s. It’s important to know where this music comes from because that’s where it’s spirit and power comes from too! 

like i said gaga’s was more of an influence and a mixture of modern dance pop with SOME house sounds (mostly only in the two tracks you mentioned, though babylon was much more true to some of its 90s inspirations) , but this is balls to the wall no holds barred OG HOUSE music!! y’all can dislike the song all you want but i don’t want you ever complaining that you want a pure house album from gaga bc this is what it sounds like!! if you don’t like this you probably won’t like that! but me… i love it and if gaga did something like this i would LIVE. not that she’s one to repeat herself, but if she dived deeper into that sound id be elated. she would absolutely devour it with ease just like miss lastrassi has done here

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

It’s just hypocrisy. 

I mean, there's definitely some bias (I've called it out before on here numerous times). I do think the track is too long, though, and would have been better at around 3 minutes or so. IDK, a lot of criticism isn't in good faith, but the "repetitive" bit is kind of legitimate imo. It's an issue with house in general (and I love house) which is why I think songs in the genre benefit from being shorter.

Chromatography
2 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I think this is an excellent conversation to have. Maybe I’ll give some perspective?

House music was a genre that was pioneered by black queer people in Detroit and Chicago back in the late 80’s. It was then brought to Europe where the genre exploded and became a little appropriated. Now house music is associated with white producers and has since completely erased the community that pioneered it. 

I’m just saying that I find it very interesting that people are completely hating on this song when Free Woman and Sour Candy have a very similar baseline and production. It just seems like this fan base will only praise the white artists that do these genres and don’t acknowledge the community and artists that created it. 

Just my two cents.

yes i understand what racial bias is, thank you, just pointing out that not every negative opinion is rooted in that. 

someone literally posted 2 hours ago that it is a sour candy/free woman monotonous rehash. so have you ever considered that people who are hating on this song also do not like, say, free woman and sour candy, like that poster? clearly not. 

Dr Fudge

The beat reminds me of Charli’s Used to Know Me (which also samples). 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Archived