Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Concertaholic
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

These are big artists? :billie:

Last time I checked Gaga is one of the Top 40 artists on Spotify and none of these are even in the top 500 :sure:

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chesescake

My first impression is that this sound like that Charli XCX track on Crash.

It's average... Not my cup of tea :huh:

9 hours ago, NicoB said:

I would say chromatica is synth pop with house inspiration 

I think majority of tracks on chromatica were more polish than synth pop, I would argue it's electropop :oprah:

Concertaholic
40 minutes ago, GGM said:

Not y’all comparing Beyoncé’s track to chromatica. Beyoncé’s sounds like something you’d hear at the Berghain club in Berlin. Most of Bloodpops productions on chromatica sound like you let a high school student go wild on some free DJ software lol 

Aww I actually just went to Berghain for the very first time last night while here on vacation! Best club experience of my life. I honestly need to move to Berlin because I’m gonna miss it so much :kara:

Lovelife

It's a nice song but I expected more from her. Still like it tough.. hope the album will serve

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, Chesescake said:

I would argue it's electropop, which is more polish than synth pop :oprah:

True actually

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

Galagala
31 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I’d rather have these “analyses in my brain” that are educated and are direct words that came from the black community than be racially ignorant, biased and uneducated. Maybe listen to what these communities are saying yourself instead of defending your biases with ignorance!

Wow your condescending attitude is sad. People can know the history/differences of music genres and still dislike the song. It's really not that deep. To think that those who don't enjoy BMS have something to do with racial bias or are "uneducated" just shows how narrow-minded you think about people.

Roughhouse Dandy

Oh, so this album is going on repeat for eternity, huh? 

Break My Soul was a needed bop. Thank you Beyoncé :legend:

death drop runway GIF by MY HOUSE

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

3l3ctrar3x
3 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Wow your condescending attitude is sad. People can know the history/differences of music genres and still dislike the song. It's really not that deep. To think that those who don't enjoy BMS have something to do with racial bias or are "uneducated" just shows how narrow-minded you think about people.

It may not be deep to you, but it means something way more to the black community, especially to the black queer community. This is literally them reclaiming a genre that was taken away and profited by their white counterparts without getting any acknowledgement or credit over these past decades.

So yes, I am being condescending and kinda bitchy about it, because it doesn’t seem like a lot of people on here want to educate themselves on these serious issues.

Galagala
10 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

To everyone who is comparing this to Chromatica, Charli or Dua; I BEG y’all to do your research and listen to Crystal Waters, Cece Peniston, Sonique, Martha Wash, Inner City, Marshall Jefferson, Robin S, and so many more. These are the people that pioneered, created and curated the signature house sound, not a white pop star. It’s just plain ignorance. 

You need to relax. 

OhHenny2020

I- I had high hopes, nothing extreme, but Used To Know Me by Charli XCX is superior, in melody, structure, I dunno I think this can only be saved by a really good music video. 

ChavaWM

I can't wait to hear more from this, I'm surprised how excited I am, I have never cared for anything she's done ever. But I'm excited for all the nods we may possibly get from real 90s dance music. Cece, Crystal Waters, Culture Beat, Robin S, 2Unlimited, Cajmere, HardDrive, Roger Sanchez and so on. If anyone is really gonna do their homework, it's Beyoncé

3l3ctrar3x
5 minutes ago, Galagala said:

You need to relax. 

If you wanna continue to be an airhead, just be my guest 💞

3l3ctrar3x

I kinda hope she goes through each decade of black dance music on this album, almost like a history lesson. It’ll first be disco and chicago/detroit house, but also techno, garage, jungle and jersey club as well, and of course country. I just can’t wait to see what’s next.

Cameltoe Chariot
8 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

To everyone who is comparing this to Chromatica, Charli or Dua; I BEG y’all to do your research and listen to Crystal Waters, Cece Peniston, Sonique, Martha Wash, Inner City, Marshall Jefferson, Robin S, and so many more. These are the people that pioneered, created and curated the signature house sound, not a white pop star. It’s just plain ignorance. 

You’ve got an incredibly rude and condescending tone in this thread and I’m not sure why, other than my suspected reason: you’re a Beyoncé stan that can’t stand to read or hear any criticism of her :partysick:

I can only speak for myself here but I grew up in this era of music and listened to all of these artists. I understand the roots of house music and it’s role within black queer communities. There is no research necessary :glamourpuss:

I also see a very sudden pivot by Beyoncé into dance/house music after several artists successfully did this years ago and brought it back to the mainstream.

Just because black artists pioneered the sound doesn’t give Beyoncé ownership over the genre. Having a less than positive opinion of her or her sound doesn’t make someone racist either. And acknowledging Chromatica doesn’t somehow anoint Gaga as the inventor of house music so you can stop using an artist’s whiteness as a means to discredit their own work :iamfair:

Archived