Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thoughts on this early Chromatica reaction?

Starmie25

Featured Posts

Starmie25

There were many album reactions when Chromatica dropped, but this one in particular always stuck out to me.

Club Ambition is the channel and they made a reaction video to the ehole album the night it dropped globally. These guys aren't really familiar with pop music, they're big urban/hiphop lovers and some of their takes vary when you compare to your typical pop stans funny enough.

- One said the interludes give Zelda/giving birth vibes lol

- Some of these don't feel like classics (ala Paparazzi and Telephone)

- Both felt Chromatica II/"911" really brought them into the Chromatica world 

- "Enigma" will be the big single! 

- "Replay" is their favourite.

- Them comparing "Plastic Doll" to previous Kanye, Nicki Minaj tracks was interesting for sure.

- They respect her for switching things up each album - Joanne, ASIB, Chromatica etc.

I remember they did a one-off listen to Joanne too back in 2016.

@PartySick @Lady JarJar @ALGAYDO

Dr Fudge

It’s kind of funny how Enigma turned out. It’s one of those songs that’s easily forgotten by fans (almost never listed as either a favorite or disliked track from Chromatica) but it’s also super fun and very disco. Considering the name of the residency and how We Could Be Lovers both show how much the song meant to Gaga, I wouldn’t be surprised if at one point Enigma was a front runner for being a single. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Starmie25
11 minutes ago, julz said:

I wont be mad if Enigma became that unexpected single with a MV to promote TCB :giveup: 

It's clearly one of her favourites - the residency, WCBL demo, snippet played during VMA slot 

ELECTROHEART

Is funny to see hip hop / rap fans reacting to dance pop albums, specially this one that is a techno-house made by Lady Gaga, of course they liked Enigma and Replay because these are massive bops.

And talking about Enigma, I think this is one of the biggest on the album, sad that many fans don't like it, I'm sure is one of Gaga's favourites from Chromatica and this particular song is going to be a big moment on TCB. Mark my words

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Starmie25
1 hour ago, ELECTROHEART said:

of course they liked Enigma and Replay because these are massive bops.

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Fanta

Enigma was always that girl, the fanbase was busy searching for another mama papa rara dark-pop-bop that they couldn’t appreciate the gem that is miss she. 

It’s one of Gaga’s best songs, up there with DITD as the single that never was. 

Starmie25
1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Enigma was always that girl, the fanbase was busy searching for another mama papa rara dark-pop-bop that they couldn’t appreciate the gem that is miss she. 

It’s one of Gaga’s best songs, up there with DITD as the single that never was. 

It's almost like it's too theatrical and umm, gay for Gaga fans which is kinda surprising. Similar thing happened with "Fashion" from ARTPOP too. Weird.

Fanta
13 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

It's almost like it's too theatrical and umm, gay for Gaga fans which is kinda surprising. Similar thing happened with "Fashion" from ARTPOP too. Weird.

Really? That was the consensus? I must’ve missed the memo on what sounds too gay because that never came to mind. 

I was so entranced by her ethereal vocals and delivery, followed by that beat, that I couldn’t possibly see it any other way. But that’s just me. 

Moonlight on Water

Listening to Chromatica  reviews as the album came out was fantastic, especially when it got to the Chromatica II parts and Enigma's high note. There's just always something that really makes it feel like a great community.

she/her

Ziggy

I’d actually agree with a lot of this. Chromatica is good but lacks those instant classics like a Paparazzi or Telephone which I think would have been the thing to tip this into being her best album yet. It really just needed like two undeniably phenomenally catchy Gaga singles.

Also Enigma is the overlooked queen (probably because of its track placement tbh). Loved it from Day 1

steven

I remember listening to the album for the first time and Enigma was the first song I instantly fell in love with. It has that Gaga's touch to it.

Archived