Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga could have lied for TIHTY’s Emmy

Lighter

Featured Posts

androiduser
14 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

By that logic, we shouldn’t give awards to actors because they just perform what others have written… :oops:

well, NO, because it's a movie award that goes into detail about different aspects of filmaking... A song is just a 4 minute blip in the movie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThePopDevil
29 minutes ago, KORG said:

When Gaga writes she either has 100% credit (you & I, Again again) or 25% (all other songs). I'd  guess the 10% was her compromise to be on the track she didn't write.

Isnt just another day solely written by her as well? 

NATAH
36 minutes ago, androiduser said:

well, NO, because it's a movie award that goes into detail about different aspects of filmaking... A song is just a 4 minute blip in the movie

in a badly made movie, maybe :samanthac:

most songs are just as important to the story telling as the actual script itself :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?

10 minutes ago, ThePopDevil said:

Probably. I suspect alot of tracks are written solely by her, and like with "teeth" she gives credits to others to ensure they get an adequate amount in royalties rather than just a tiny production credit on its own.

LilyLark

Nah, better to be honest.

That said, Diane is still friendly with Gaga, worked with her on ASIB, and occasionally tweets praise for her (she kind of snarked on JLO and praised her at the inauguration, etc.)....I wouldn't be shocked if they did another project together. And Linda, who is a legend, has a history of sh*tting on new girls-she's also gone after Bey for songwriting, etc. Even if Gaga was more on the production side and only changed a few lyrics, it was clear Diane was fine with it and Diane's a legend so it's not like Gaga could "intimidate" her into giving Gaga credit....so for Linda to go in there and create controversy while people were just about to vote was oof.

Borisapillar
4 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I agree that the performer should be rewarded too. It seems ludicrous that Celine Dion didn’t win an Oscar when you see where she took My Heart Will Go On. A song’s impact is intrinsically linked to who performs it, it’s undeniable.

I get it.

Helxig

Linda Perry did put out a statement saying that Diane had written the whole demo, and Gaga only changed a few words. But Diane said that Gaga arranged and produced the whole thing. But I feel like Gaga might have given Diane so much credit for a combination of things:
1. Gaga is known for being generous with writing credits
2. She wanted it to be solely Diane's win that she so desperately deserves (and thought it was possible)
3. She didn't want Linda Perry to kick up a fuss and have the award win turn into some ugly media circus and become a  'Lady Gaga is lying and cheating the industry' situation

As Gaga always says "do it for the impact, not for attention". She knew the song would help people anyway. And as the singer, even if she didn't technically 'win' people would have still talked about her if the song won

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

nodandsmile
10 hours ago, LateToCult said:

In fact that happened to her when that creepy lady blabbed her mouth. Tbh Gar is lucky everyone else kept their mouth closed or else she could’ve been in real trouble.

umm no

the oscar is for music and lyrics and they don't care how much you contributed unless they are more people credited than they allow (like when Bey was disqualified for "Listen")  - that lady said she did not want to congratulate Gaga because in her opinion she did do enough which is totally irrelevant because the Academy did not care/ she was credited for their award and rightfully so, she should not be in trouble for that!

now the Emmys only put your name in there if you wrote 20% of the lyrics and she was rightfully disqualified there

different award bodies, different sets of rules! 

FATCAT
13 hours ago, bionic said:

Lying sure seems like a good way to get disqualified and banned in the future

Yep, and it's a hollow victory. Gaga is not one to phone it in, pardon the pun :river:

Purr more, hiss less.

RAMROD

I don't think she want the drama when somebody  exposing or black mailing her. Leave no crumbs for your haters to use against you. :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Guillaume Hamon
18 hours ago, ThePopDevil said:

Yep! And speechless as well as stuck on ****ing you.

Guillaume Hamon
19 hours ago, KORG said:

When Gaga writes she either has 100% credit (you & I, Again again) or 25% (all other songs). I'd  guess the 10% was her compromise to be on the track she didn't write.

Honestly I don't think the 10% are even a compromise after Gaga, on top of slightly changing the lyrics, "arranged the **** out of the song" as Warren said.

elijahfan
On 6/18/2022 at 12:22 AM, androiduser said:

We're not talking about creating a Best Singer category for movies, obviously... I'm merely pointing out that a singer's contribution to a song is worthy of being recognized along with the writers, that's all. You can write the best lyrics in the world, but if you don't have the right performer to take it to the next level, your song won't go anywhere.

That Is All Meryl Streep GIF

elijahfan
19 hours ago, Helxig said:

Linda Perry did put out a statement saying that Diane had written the whole demo, and Gaga only changed a few words. But Diane said that Gaga arranged and produced the whole thing. But I feel like Gaga might have given Diane so much credit for a combination of things:
1. Gaga is known for being generous with writing credits
2. She wanted it to be solely Diane's win that she so desperately deserves (and thought it was possible)
3. She didn't want Linda Perry to kick up a fuss and have the award win turn into some ugly media circus and become a  'Lady Gaga is lying and cheating the industry' situation

As Gaga always says "do it for the impact, not for attention". She knew the song would help people anyway. And as the singer, even if she didn't technically 'win' people would have still talked about her if the song won

Right, I also feel like she knew this wasn't her time for all the reasons you mentioned. And she was right to wait, because her win with Shallow is unequivocal.

androiduser
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

You can write the best lyrics in the world, but if you don't have the right performer to take it to the next level, your song won't go anywhere.

is that why some Gaga songs went nowhere?

Archived