💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga could have lied for TIHTY’s Emmy

Lighter

Featured Posts

DoremonLove

Nah i want gaga to win emmy like she won the oscar. An iconic moment. Fair n square. Im sure she will soon win:party:

How can anoyone not love gaga

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
42 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

If that were the case, Madonna would have two Oscars. I’m not so sure I agree with you, but it’s an interesting argument.

I agree that the performer should be rewarded too. It seems ludicrous that Celine Dion didn’t win an Oscar when you see where she took My Heart Will Go On. A song’s impact is intrinsically linked to who performs it, it’s undeniable.

Lextyr97

I mean I think Gaga has enough respect for Diane not to do that. She made it known clear as day that Diane wrote it lol

1 hour ago, ManuelColon said:

Hun the award goes for songwriting and producing, not to who is the singer most adequate to perform and transform a song. 

Kinda backs up my point, in that the song didn't win (although my point wasn't about awards). People like songs when they hear them, when somebody sings them.

Edit. It did win an Emmy, did it ? Sorry, I was thinking Oscars.

1 hour ago, Borisapillar said:

If that were the case, Madonna would have two Oscars. I’m not so sure I agree with you, but it’s an interesting argument.

I'm not really talking about awards (I know, I know, the thread is about an award 🙂), I'm just musing in general about what a song actually is.

androiduser
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I agree that the performer should be rewarded too.

then actors should share the award for direction... models should be credited as photographers etc.

thehanyo

Is anyone here in the Television Academy? Voting for noms started yesterday and a show I created is on the ballot rn (we've done 3 seasons but this was the first that qualified). Would love if people voted for me. :poot:

LateToCult

You can’t lie about that kind of stuff without risking being exposed. In fact that happened to her when that creepy lady blabbed her mouth. Tbh Gar is lucky everyone else kept their mouth closed or else she could’ve been in real trouble.

Alannah
18 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Is anyone here in the Television Academy? Voting for noms started yesterday and a show I created is on the ballot rn (we've done 3 seasons but this was the first that qualified). Would love if people voted for me. :poot:

I am not but that is SO COOL. :saira:

elijahfan
35 minutes ago, androiduser said:

then actors should share the award for direction... models should be credited as photographers etc.

Actors and directors have their own awards so I don't understand the comparison. There's no distinction between best writer / best performer, it's best song. A song needs both writers and performers to come to life, it's not rocket science. If there was no distinction and it was just best movie, I sure hope everyone who worked on it would be recognized. I mean, that's just my opinion.

androiduser
10 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Actors and directors have their own awards so I don't understand the comparison. There's no distinction between best writer / best performer, it's best song. A song needs both writers and performers to come to life, it's not rocket science. If there was no distinction and it was just best movie, I sure hope everyone who worked on it would be recognized. I mean, that's just my opinion.

in that case so many singers would have an Oscar that the award would not be as exclusive as it is now. Oscars are a movie award, not a music award.

elijahfan
27 minutes ago, androiduser said:

in that case so many singers would have an Oscar that the award would not be as exclusive as it is now. Oscars are a movie award, not a music award.

Films are both image and sound and it’s important that awards reflect that - and thankfully the Oscars do, and recognize sound work in no less than 4 categories... Why would it be so awful for more singers to get Oscars? I didn’t see you complain when your fave got one. They did the job, so why should they be less deserving than others? I think any argument that tries to justify otherwise makes no sense.

By that logic, we shouldn’t give awards to actors because they just perform what others have written… :oops: Making a film is teamwork, and making any job or department feel less deserving than another is unfair.

Cameltoe Chariot
1 hour ago, thehanyo said:

That’s incredible, congratulations!

My old boss is a voter - what’s the show? I can mention it to him :glamourpuss:

When Gaga writes she either has 100% credit (you & I, Again again) or 25% (all other songs). I'd  guess the 10% was her compromise to be on the track she didn't write.

Archived