Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Renaissance described as "music that will unite so many on the dance floor"

alsemanche

Featured Posts

likeitrough

totally looking forward to the comparisons with gaga for the next 6 months :vegas:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
myluis617

Uhg i cant wait to hear what she brings. We all know Beyoncé is gonna serve this era. Im so excited. 

Rahrahbitchson
24 minutes ago, thisguyN said:

With Beyonce for me it’s either hit or a miss, but there’s one thing I trust with no doubt that she will DELIVER quality.

Sometimes I’m jealous about the level of quality she always brings with her projects, every single time.

I think thats the reason many of us are excited, that is going to be a dance album with the effort she always put on her releases and eras, not only dropping the album and done 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

palma

It's very clever of her to shift focus to a dance oriented (hence more Euro/global) sound as the support she receives from the States will go lower and lower as American radio is disgustingly ageist. I'm so here for her Fever/COADF its all I ever wanted :giveup:

alsemanche
47 minutes ago, Levine said:

The same phrase everythime ahahaha her team has 0 fantasy.

I mean self titled was her most ambitious at the time, then Lemonade took that title so they weren't exactly lying about it. If she continues with the same pattern, Renaissance will be her most ambitious too. I don't see the problem. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Fanta
1 hour ago, Nuggets said:

Not like her biggest critics are any better. Every time a Beyoncé thread gets made, the same people run in there to write the same thing over and over again.

I guess I'm one of those critics.

tiffany-pollard-laughing.gif

But here's the thing, I don't deny Beyonce's talent, dedication or stage presence - that alone, along with her influence, makes her an icon and future legend. My issue with her has always been originality. Like what I said in the other thread, the shoot was giving Chromatica/FN and so is the promo run. 

One can acknowledge Beyonce's status as an entertainer while also having a hard time digesting what she's selling, like me personally, because I don't think she's original. 

stevana229

I can't see Beyonce doing dance music... its probably just not her typical unstructured, r&b music 

Fanta
2 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

We'll see, problem with Beyoncé is the insane praise for everything. E V E R Y T H I N G. Nothing is measured and everything is over the top with her fans or even the media because they r probably scared of being cancelled or wanna hop on the bandwagon of praising Beyoncé for everything. I cant wait to hear since it seems she will hop on the 70s dance trend (maybe a little late?), but maybe she'll do it well and have a good sound with actual melodies in it

I don't think people are scared of being cancelled, but I do think (and I've always maintained) that Beyonce is literally marketed as the 'queen'. All of her imagery contributes to that, and her releases or contributions to pop-culture are perceived (unironically) as the second coming as a result. If anything, there should be a masterclass on how successfully she has marketed herself because her name alone is what carries her through even if the work was mediocre.

Lemonade was an okay album, nice songs, with a great visual counterpart, but it was the fact that it was Beyonce that made it what it was. As dedicated as I am to Gaga I can say the same thing. A lot of her recent projects were hyped by both media and stans but I don't think any of them (besides ASIB) measured up to a real Gaga pre-ARTPOP era.

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I don't think people are scared of being cancelled, but I do think (and I've always maintained) that Beyonce is literally marketed as the 'queen'. All of her imagery contributes to that, and her releases or contributions to pop-culture are perceived (unironically) as the second coming as a result. If anything, there should be a masterclass on how successfully she has marketed herself because her name alone is what carries her through even if the work was mediocre.

Lemonade was an okay album, nice songs, with a great visual counterpart, but it was the fact that it was Beyonce that made it what it was. As dedicated as I am to Gaga I can say the same thing. A lot of her recent projects were hyped by both media and stans but I don't think any of them (besides ASIB) measured up to a real Gaga pre-ARTPOP era.

I totally agree. Problem is i cant just be impressed bcs of the image. For me its the work and I hope the songs turn out rlly good cus i got nothing to listen to lately

Fanta
Just now, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I totally agree. Problem is i cant just be impressed bcs of the image. For me its the work and I hope the songs turn out rlly good cus i got nothing to listen to lately

When it comes to visuals I'm entertained, as a matter of fact Beyonce has been serving me visually more than Gaga (and that hurts to say lol). Musically though, I agree. If it hits, it hits!

Just now, Fanta said:

When it comes to visuals I'm entertained, as a matter of fact Beyonce has been serving me visually more than Gaga (and that hurts to say lol). Musically though, I agree. If it hits, it hits!

One thing with Bey is u can have a true american show with her which I appreciate a lot. It’s always epic 

blackpink

she’s really coming with the 10/10 bops isn’t she…i just know this is gonna be her magnum opus 

Archived