💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Favorite Richy Choreography?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

I never said it didn't... change :river: :billie:

But something else happened around that time - Gaga's hip injury. I can imagine that definitely impacted her level of movement and began dictating the movement of her dancers as well.

Just a theory, but I think it checks out :partysick:

Laurieann's choreography is better suited for post-hip injury Gaga than all of Richy's tho. Richy's continued style of dance is just telling Gaga's hip to suck it up and get better instead of creatively finding a workaround which what they should be doing if they want Gaga to live and tour longer.

Scheiße at Enigma was a workaround but do they really need that big of a piece to lessen her movements while singing a song? Do they really need Gaga to lay on that platform during that cringefest performance of Aura?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

Okay so this has turned into another 'Richie vs Laurieann' discourse thread... but maybe the narrative instead should be 'Richie was always incredible, but in recent years has lost some of his magic'

I hate sitting here and complaining, but that seems more fair for how people feel, rather than just sh.itting all over everything he's ever done, or praising Laurieann to high heavens

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Pennywise
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

but maybe the narrative instead should be 'Richie was always incredible

So you're saying we should lie? :partysick:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

BlingNotTheMusic
4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

So you're saying we should lie? :partysick:

Mean Girl Laughing GIF

EGOT2027
7 hours ago, alfio said:

Laurieann's choreography is better suited for post-hip injury Gaga than all of Richy's tho. Richy's continued style of dance is just telling Gaga's hip to suck it up and get better instead of creatively finding a workaround which what they should be doing if they want Gaga to live and tour longer.

Scheiße at Enigma was a workaround but do they really need that big of a piece to lessen her movements while singing a song? Do they really need Gaga to lay on that platform during that cringefest performance of Aura?

i would say born this way and telephone are also really hard on her hip, but you're correct. and i agree.

speaking of workarounds, the wedding skirt at the joanne tour to keep her from having to do that one specific born this way move kills me (the part during "oooo there ain't no other way...")

hieronymus

That #gagarunchallenge tiktok he made for 911 where he just alternated stepping/stomping his feet and moaned loudly

• 1 month later...
dimitristhe
On 6/16/2022 at 12:35 AM, dimitristhe said:

Ricky does an amazing job and he’s perfect for Gaga. His choreos are made for dancing and singing simultaneously and not for lipsync. 
He took over Laurieann before MTN’s video was made, so his first task on his own was for Marry The Night and the end product was perfect. For Born This Way Ball he made some choreos that wasn’t much tiring for Gaga, because she had a lot of quick changes and the show was 2 and a half hours long. I don’t consider BTW Ball a perfectly choreographed show, it wasn’t meant to be that at first place. 
His next projects were after her hip injury, so he was extra cautious with his moves. Especially, with Joanne World Tour, when Gaga was cancelling a lot of shows because of her illness. Enigma was an easy show for her, too. 
We must be thankful for Ricky, because he is making shows that aren’t hurtful or harmful  for Gaga. 
Closing, his best work (without Laurieann) are Marry The Night, Scheiße, Applause, Rain On Me and 911. Overall, his best work is Judas and Marry The Night. :tea:

This didn’t age well
 :selena:

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

NATAH

i really liked Replay's choreo

edit: i didn't realise this was a necro'd thread :giveup:

mother, what must i do?

On 6/15/2022 at 8:06 PM, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Richy has had a hand in creating the choreography all the way back to Just Dance, but the locals like to act like he randomly took over from Laurieann Gibson and somehow brought the quality down :partysick:

Just another great example of the myth building done by Little Managers on this cult site :glamourpuss:

You can see his influence and its always bad.

His signature style is to be contorted in a slightly jarring way with your joints flicking out oddly.

He clearly was very involved in Telephone choreo, for example, and although iconic, its nor the choreo for Gaga. Its for him.

His best choreo was when he let the door close on his way out.

EGOT2027
25 minutes ago, Super said:

please lets not praise an abuser

this was a bumped old thread. 

can one of the mods close and/or delete this

• River locked this topic

Archived