other

Favorite Richy Choreography?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dimitristhe

Ricky does an amazing job and he’s perfect for Gaga. His choreos are made for dancing and singing simultaneously and not for lipsync. 
He took over Laurieann before MTN’s video was made, so his first task on his own was for Marry The Night and the end product was perfect. For Born This Way Ball he made some choreos that wasn’t much tiring for Gaga, because she had a lot of quick changes and the show was 2 and a half hours long. I don’t consider BTW Ball a perfectly choreographed show, it wasn’t meant to be that at first place. 
His next projects were after her hip injury, so he was extra cautious with his moves. Especially, with Joanne World Tour, when Gaga was cancelling a lot of shows because of her illness. Enigma was an easy show for her, too. 
We must be thankful for Ricky, because he is making shows that aren’t hurtful or harmful  for Gaga. 
Closing, his best work (without Laurieann) are Marry The Night, Scheiße, Applause, Rain On Me and 911. Overall, his best work is Judas and Marry The Night. :tea:

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

Rahrahbitchson
7 minutes ago, dimitristhe said:

Ricky does an amazing job and he’s perfect for Gaga.  
We must be thankful for Ricky, 

We cant wait to tank him

Screenshot-20220615-154230-Twitter.jpg

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Rahrahbitchson
10 minutes ago, dimitristhe said:

Ricky does an amazing job 

King do you know if this amazing choreo will be on the tour?

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

JoanneMonster

Stop acting as if Judas, Venus or GUY choreos were not ICONIC

I See You

Pennywise
2 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

for all we know he was pulling most of the grunt work and Laurieann was just stamping her name on things. The receipts don't lie!

The receipts don't lie, but sis we have eyes :poot: 

Like, if he was pulling most of the work anyway, what changed when Laurieann left that made the most of Gaga's choreos after that so... cringe at best :bear:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

EGOT2027
3 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

Stop acting as if Judas, Venus or GUY choreos were not ICONIC

LAG did judas but omfg i forgot about the iconic venus choreo :laughga:

Cameltoe Chariot
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

The receipts don't lie, but sis we have eyes :poot: 

Like, if he was pulling most of the work anyway, what changed when Laurieann left that made the most of Gaga's choreos after that so... cringe at best :bear:

I never said it didn't... change :river: :billie:

But something else happened around that time - Gaga's hip injury. I can imagine that definitely impacted her level of movement and began dictating the movement of her dancers as well.

Just a theory, but I think it checks out :partysick:

PartySick

I think my personal issue with Richy is less about the choreography and more about his dancing itself :selena:

He dances like a background dancer. Which...I guess it's fine? But all those jerky, OTT movements really mess with the rhythm of a song imo. He's not feeling the music, he's following the steps.

Blame MJ though for that opinion. Even his dancers fell victim to that. But like he said, your dance is the music given form. You don't move to it, it moves through you. MJ, Janet, and even Gaga and some of her better dancers are all so good at jumping in and out of choreography and really making the music come alive through dance.

Richy...is not :bear: he looks a mess when he dances. But Gaga makes it look good.

Edit: Oh, and to answer the topic, G.U.Y. remains my favorite choreography closely followed by Telephone :legend:

🖤

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

I truly am the receipt queen :iamfair:

I'm gonna put these behind spoiler cuts because otherwise this post is gonna be nightmare long :billie:

So here are Laurieann's choreography credits during the Haus of Gaga years:

Reveal hidden contents

2008: Lady Gaga – "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
2008: Lady Gaga – "Poker Face"
2009: Cassie – "Must Be Love"
2009: Lady Gaga – "LoveGame"
2009: Lady Gaga – "Paparazzi"
2009: Lady Gaga – "Bad Romance"
2009: Sun Ho - "Fancy Free"
2010: Katy Perry – "California Gurls"
2010: Lady Gaga – "Telephone"
2010: Lady Gaga – "Alejandro"
2010: Keri Hilson – "The Way You Love Me"
2010: Natalia Kills – "Mirrors"
2010: Nicki Minaj – "Check It Out" 2010 VMA Pre-Show
2011: Lady Gaga – "Born This Way"
2011: Lady Gaga – "Judas"
2011: Natalia Kills – "Wonderland"
2011: JoJo – "The Other Chick"
2011: Lady Gaga – "The Edge of Glory" – live performances
2011: Six D – "Best Damn Night"
2011: Lady Gaga – "Yoü and I"

...Buuuut the important thing to remember is that Richy has been there since Just Dance - so earlier than Laurieann, AND the entire time before her departure from the Haus his official title "Assistant Choreographer", where he collaborated with Laurieann and ALSO created choreo for Gaga. When she left the Haus in November 2011 he got the new title "Lead Choreographer & Visual Director" :partysick:

Here are Richy's receipts, from beginning to Laurieann's departure:

Reveal hidden contents

2004 – Kimberley Locke – "8th World Wonder"
2004 – Mis-Teeq – "One Night Stand"
2005 – JoJo – "Not That Kinda Girl"
2005 – JoJo – "Leave (Get Out)"
2008 – Lady Gaga – "Just Dance"
2008 – Lady Gaga – "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
2008 – Lady Gaga – "Poker Face"
2009 – Lady Gaga – "LoveGame"
2009 – Lady Gaga – "Paparazzi"
2009 – Lady Gaga – "Bad Romance"
2010 – Lady Gaga – "Telephone"
2010 – Lady Gaga – "Alejandro"
2010 – Katy Perry – "California Gurls"
2010 – Keri Hilson – "The Way You Love Me"
2010 – Keri Hilson – "Pretty Girl Rock"
2011 – Lady Gaga – "Born This Way"
2011 – Lady Gaga – "Judas"
2011 – Keri Hilson – "Lose Control"
2011 – JoJo – "The Other Chick"
2011 – Cimorelli – "Million Bucks"
2011 – Lady Gaga – "Yoü and I"

...I left the gigs pre-Haus to illustrate that Richy was already working with Laurieann as her assistant before Gaga took them on, and worked on a video with Gaga on his own BEFORE Laurieann came in :partysick:

Anyway... my point in sharing all of this is that I really dislike how Little Managers on here have concocted this narrative that there was a pre-Richy golden era when for all we know he was pulling most of the grunt work and Laurieann was just stamping her name on things. The receipts don't lie! :reductive:

I mean, i think we all know Laurieann was in charge and Richey was supporting. Like, let's not act like he overrode BoomKack :partysick:

River

Hold My Hand

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Oriane

I said it before, I'll said it again, he really shines when using the group in the choreo, like in Black Jesus and Sexxx Dreams, it looks amazing. Applause looks goods too even without that!

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

While Laurieann and Richy compliment each other to make that uniquely Gaga choreo, it seemed that Laurieann knows more than Richy that Gaga needs to sing while dancing. Hence the non-pipe bending choreo. Judas being the most dance-heavy of all Laurieann's work with Gaga is a testament to that.

Laurieann also tend to embrace theatrics (which I personally prefer) while Richy is more uhm... technical?

This poses a problem as Gaga's vocals from before were flawless and powerful (also theatrical!) while the ones choreographed by Richy are well... setting Gaga back. And Gaga's theatrics look cringe, it's not cohesive.

I would suggest looking at Dua Lipa now and the choreography they are giving her in the Future Nostalgia Tour. It fits her personality, it fits the sound, and emphasizes her vocals.

• River locked this topic

Archived